Same sex marriage is very close to achieving a majority of electoral votes. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 04:03:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Same sex marriage is very close to achieving a majority of electoral votes. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Same sex marriage is very close to achieving a majority of electoral votes.  (Read 3069 times)
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« on: June 25, 2014, 04:08:13 PM »

Funny you should mention that actually.  Once gay marriage becomes legal in enough states to represent over 270 electoral votes, we begin phase 4 of the gay agenda.  The specific details are secret, but rest assured, it will involve the breakdown of Judeo-Christian values and house music.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 08:19:30 PM »

I support gay marriage as much as everybody else (and I have for far longer than most of you), but I've grown weary of the drip, drip, drip of states. It's problematic that it can't be over already, as it's a very easy problem to fix (as opposed to unemployment, crime, war and peace, etc) and it's sucking up all the liberal oxygen, so nobody is thinking about other issues. Yes, the inequity on this issue is wrong, but it's mostly a symbolic issue, albeit a serious one. Mostly, I have trouble understanding how the opposition is still a thing in 2014.

That's a frivolous point.  There are plenty of problems we could fix in a week if there were Democratic majorities in Congress and every statehouse and Democratic governors in every state.  Alas, that's not the case.  So, the fastest way to get same-sex marriage in every state is the current strategy which will most likely end with a SCOTUS ruling in the next year or so.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 11:12:49 PM »

Funny you should mention that actually.  Once gay marriage becomes legal in enough states to represent over 270 electoral votes, we begin phase 4 of the gay agenda.  The specific details are secret, but rest assured, it will involve the breakdown of Judeo-Christian values and house music.

I wouldn't mind seeing the breakdown of house music.

I can't imagine it's that prevalent in South Carolina.  You guys don't have a lot of Euro trash or gay people. 
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 04:33:06 PM »

I don't mind gay sex education in schools at all.

There's no need for gay sex education, and such a thing shouldn't exist (Reaganfan made it up to support his slippery slope argument). The purpose of sex education is to understand how our bodies work and to do so responsibly, not about how to have sex.

Sex is part of how our bodies work.  But, honestly, I think this whole issue is probably moot because of the internet.  Kids today can just get online and learn this stuff fairly easily. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies