Mark Sanford goes missing (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 06:26:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Mark Sanford goes missing (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mark Sanford goes missing  (Read 15544 times)
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« on: June 22, 2009, 11:15:03 PM »

I like Rachel Maddow.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 11:04:59 AM »

Why?

Listen, I know a lot of you new posters want the colors flip flopped but you're really confusing me with that blue avatar.

Well, whatever, but...

Maddow seems very intelligent, and (from what I've seen of her) she can express her point of view without being an asshole about it.  I caught her on "Race for the White House" one day last year, filling in for David Gregory as moderator, and there was no way of knowing which side of the aisle she came from.  She was able to remain completely objective, and I was really impressed.  I also caught her on Air America a couple of times (where she has almost no reason to be accomodating) and she was still extremely sensible. 

paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 11:47:15 AM »

I've heard her on Air America a few times, and she came off as arrogant and holier than thou, especially when talking about Republicans. Her tv show is better though.

Well, like I said, I only heard her once or twice.  And only a couple of minutes at a clip.  So I could be wrong.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 03:56:09 PM »

He wanted to have the (national) reputation of being focused on economic issues, but you better believe he ran on the typical Jesus Platform back in South Carolina.

Source?

paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 04:10:28 PM »

I will admit Sanford doesn't seem like the kind to campaign on social issues, but I think any Christian or anybody who claims that cheating on your wife is wrong or follows that philosophy and then cheats on their wife, is a hypocrite. If an atheist politician did it, I wouldn't say anything. But these guys supposedly believe that it's immoral to cheat on their wives but they did anyway, therefore they're hypocrites even if they differ politically.

So, a Christian who sins is a hypocrite?  Catholics have a sacrament called "confession"...are all Catholics hypocrites?
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 04:44:12 PM »

s off for days to Argentina without telling anyone to  some tramp.

...during Father's Day.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 11:14:27 AM »

This joke voted for 3 of the 4 articles of impeachment.

Wait and see if he resigns.  I think he will.

paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2009, 07:12:28 PM »

Utterly unsurprising. Once again the holy-rolling hypocrites and moralistic monsters of the nation prove to the world how utterly bankrupt they are morally, and how fragile their ideology is when it's used as a Band-Aid to cover up their own failings. Let Sanford, Ensign, Gingrich, etc. rot in the holy hell they've called down upon us authentic, self-admitted immoralists.

I never perceived him as a "holy roller" or a moralist.  In fact, I assumed Sanford was your type of Republican, Einzige. 
Btw, here is an additional 2012 angle: CQ Politics notes that Sanford's Lt. gov, Andre Bauer, endorsed Huckabee for president in 2008:

http://blogs.cqpolitics.com/in_the_right/2009/06/sanfords-implosion-an-opportun.html

If Sanford does resign before his term is up (as many now think is likely), Bauer becomes the incumbent governor in 2010, and will have a leg up on reelection.  Since Bauer has endorsed Huckabee before, there's a good chance he'd do it again.  Having the governor's endorsement would give Huck a leg up in the always closely watched SC primary.

Very interesting.

Even if he doesn't resign, might Bauer's endorsement hold more weight than Sanford's at this point?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies