Opinion of the R-Word Campaign (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 09:24:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of the R-Word Campaign (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Freedom Campaign

Horrible Campaign

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 45

Author Topic: Opinion of the R-Word Campaign  (Read 1585 times)
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« on: May 19, 2015, 06:30:19 PM »

Saw their ad not too long ago.

Soon we'll be getting "i-word" and "m-word" campaigns due to their historical use in describing the mentally ill. These folks will never run out over things to get offended over.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 02:36:31 PM »

I have a severely autistic brother who will never have any form of self sufficiency or independence of any kind. He lives in a group home and is doing quite well, but he will never be able to live on his own and my brother and I will have to look after him for the rest of our lives once our parents are gone (which isn't a burden and something that I am perfectly fine with undertaking, for whatever its worth).  He is not a "retard" and in fifth grade I once punched a kid who referred to my youngest brother as such. But the "retard" in a context outside of insults isn't a horrible word. I use the term "retard" and "retarded", and I would never in a million years demean the handicapped after watching my youngest brother struggle day in and day out to express even the simplest statement or request.

That being said, this campaign is retarded.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies