Report: Senators Agree To Include Pathway To Citizenship In Immigration Reform (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 02:23:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Report: Senators Agree To Include Pathway To Citizenship In Immigration Reform (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Report: Senators Agree To Include Pathway To Citizenship In Immigration Reform  (Read 2253 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: March 12, 2013, 06:29:34 AM »

That it! It is time to kill this garbage just like 2007. Just like before, this is all about politics and not what the best policy is.

The best policy is to have a permanent hidden underclass with no hope of bettering themselves?

You pass another amnesty without proper disincentives going forward and that is eactly what you will have.
We must retain our permanent hidden underclass in order to prevent a future hidden underclass? Ok Roll Eyes

No, it's that an amnesty a la 1986 will not eliminate that underclass, only cause it to be replaced by a new group of illegal aliens.

While some degree of amnesty should probably be included as part of an immigration reform package, it's the dessert whereas the actual reforms are the meal.  The actual reform package needed is some combination of increased permanent immigration quotas, a useable guest worker program for seasonal labor that isn't so expensive to farmers that they would much rather employ much cheaper illegals, and last but not least, far more intense prosecution of those who employ illegals.
Agreed 100%.  I'm NOT against bringing in more people if we need them.  I'm NOT against letting those that have been here for a long ass time without getting in trouble stay here.  But the hoops laid out above here need to be jumped through before I would consider backing any new amnesty deal.  Punish the people that hire illegals and let more people in the right way if we need them.  I think we should secure the border too, but acknowledge the issues with that as you said in your last post.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies