Lumine playing politics wih Tyrion's nomination for VP (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:37:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Lumine playing politics wih Tyrion's nomination for VP (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lumine playing politics wih Tyrion's nomination for VP  (Read 2285 times)
Cassius
YaBB God

« on: August 19, 2014, 11:17:16 AM »

You shouldn't single out Lumine on this, given that five of us, myself included, voted against confirming Tyrion, and we're hardly his automatons. I for one (and I'm sure the rest of us are the same) bear no malice or ill-will towards Tyrion, or indeed, any of the Labour caucus in the Senate. No, we are simply using a perfectly legal procedure to attempt to halt the progression of a rather irresponsible agenda (in our eyes, and indeed the eyes of many of the Atlasian public). Were we on the right and centre (I doubt if we would have the votes to do this, if we even wanted to) to attempt to pass laws banning abortion outright and privatising government services wholesale, would you on the left not attempt to do as we are now doing?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies