Southern Constitutional Taskforce (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 11:35:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Southern Constitutional Taskforce (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Southern Constitutional Taskforce  (Read 6577 times)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« on: December 04, 2016, 03:05:22 AM »

Recently, I have been taking another look at the Southern Regional Constitution and while I feel that the committee members did a good job making the Constitution in the time they had, I feel it necessary to create a Constitutional taskforce to review and suggest changes to our Southern Constitution. This taskforce will make a report due no later than January 1st at 12:00 AM Central Time, this report would suggest non-binding changes to our Constitution which could be made by the Region, by the Chamber, and by me. If the taskforce needs additional time, it may request it. This taskforce will be composed of:

. Speaker of the Southern Chamber of Delegates, Leinad
. Speaker of the Atlasian House of Representatives, NeverAgain
. Former Governor and Southern Delegate, PiT
. Registrar General , Southern Elections Secretary, and Representative Peebs
. Leader of the Southern Alliance Party, Jbrase

Note: Leinad shall serve as chair/leader of this taskforce and will run it's proceedings accordingly, if the taskforce wishes to elect another leader after it's initial meeting, they may.

And thus I start the Southern Constitutional Taskforce.

Important Link:

Current Southern Constitution

^Read that, and nitpick/suggest away!

(Also, if anyone doesn't want Leinad (me) to be in charge, say the word and I'll call a vote.)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 03:01:35 AM »

Thank you, Jbrase, I have no idea why that didn't occur to me. Tongue

I have a few ideas that I'll put into words later this week.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 05:37:16 PM »

I thought it was Dominion?

Fremont named itself after a person, and the North almost did (Franklin). Should we go that route, "Paul" would be a good name. Smiley
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 12:47:48 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Just because other regions do it doesn't mean we should too. The South is special. If the north decided that they wanted Justin Beiber to be their official songbird, should we do the same?

No, and if they did and we decided to follow the pattern, we'd just choose a better musician.

Anyway, it should be made clear that I obviously wasn't doing that for conformity (which is always a lousy reason), but rather an excuse to call the region "Paul." Tongue
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2016, 12:17:42 AM »

No idea how I missed this, although I assumed since you weren't yelling at me in IRC or PM I didn't need to do anything (I'll take "worst excuses ever" for $500, Alex Tongue).

- Principle Vote -

[ ] Newton
[ ] Dixie
[ ] Shenandoah
[ ] Dixieland
[ ] Cumberland
[ ] Roanoke
[ ] Imperial Domain of the South
[ ] Paul
[ ] Rayburn
[ ] Kefauver
[ ] Cherokee
[ ] Jefferson
[ ] Write-In

Due to the fact it's Christmas and a wicked long ballot (12 options plus write-in, and I don't want anyone to even think about half-assing it--I know it's non-binding, but still), the vote will last until either 96 hours have passed, or 24 hours after all 5 members have voted (whichever comes first).
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 02:52:35 AM »

- Principle Vote -

[7] Newton
[5] Dixie
[10] Shenandoah
[6] Dixieland
[8] Cumberland
[9] Roanoke
[11] Imperial Domain of the South
[1] Paul
[12] Rayburn
[13] Kefauver
[3] Cherokee
[2] Jefferson
[4] Write-In: Steve
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2016, 03:22:01 AM »

Okay, the math part:

2 - Shenandoah
1 - Paul
1 - Jefferson
1 - Scissorland

Since it has the least high preferences from the other voters, Scissorland is eliminated along with everything that didn't get a preference.

2 - Shenandoah
2 - Jefferson
1 - Paul

Paul is eliminated...

3 - Jefferson
2 - Shenandoah

Jefferson wins, and we will therefore include making Jefferson the region's new name in our report for the Governor upon the Taskforce's completion.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2016, 05:15:30 AM »

Nope, Ben and SG don't count, since you two aren't members (but your input is still definitely welcome).
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2017, 01:26:22 AM »

Okay, I now propose we begin discussion on the status of the states in our region. With literally anything relevant to game play being on the regional and federal levels the only purpose states serve is so we have a place for registration and even then in theory registration could change to "Region Name, Party" and nothing would change.

So in the name of promoting our own unique regional culture and identity I suggest the following:

1. Over the next week we open the floor to proposals from anyone to submit a new map of "provinces", or "states", or whatever we would choose to call then.

2. After discussion we open a vote similar to the name vote including the proposed maps and a "keep things as they are" option.

Agreed.

And it shall be!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2017, 02:05:25 AM »

Two pictures of my map:

Lots of states (17 counting PR as it's own)--probably more than some of you wanted--but I think it's a good map nonetheless (I did an insane amount of research on regions of states in order to make this--any oddities will probably have reasons).
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2017, 10:04:28 PM »
« Edited: January 01, 2017, 10:09:04 PM by Senator Leinad »

Jbrase's map is alright, although it splits up the Atlanta metro area, and I prefer my division of NC plus my gulf coast state.

I am very uncomfortable with anything over 12, to be frank. I feel that if we are to have a balance between new states and lessening the confusion on newer players, 12 would be a good max. I will have my proposal up too, I guess.

How much of a difference, really, is 12 and 17? I mean, it's not like new players are required to learn all 17 of them. I think we should go with the best map regardless of size.

It's not a slight on Texas in any way. If anything a credit to the state's large population and geographic size, having several areas within that could easily work as states by themselves.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2017, 01:20:23 AM »

That's nice, I suppose, but it takes away the MS Delta state, the DC Metro state, and the Atlantic coast state.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies