Students mocking Michelle Obama lunch mandate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:16:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Students mocking Michelle Obama lunch mandate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Students mocking Michelle Obama lunch mandate  (Read 4296 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« on: September 26, 2012, 06:41:49 PM »

Government pays for school lunches and they can set guidelines. No one's freedom is being violated here. If schools are going to serve food, it shouldn't be junk. 850 calories is a large portion of what is recommended for daily calorie intake, being more than half. Some people are programmed to overeat and probably go well over 200 calories a day, which explains why some of them are complaining of hunger. And some of this is probably just about not liking what is served rather than not getting enough to eat.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 07:09:48 PM »

I'd much rather have America be considered "a fat joke" than it be a nanny state that prescribes precisely what you can and cannot eat.

Since schools are part of the government, they can set the can guidelines for what is served, since the food is paid for by the government. No one is stopping this kids from eating 4000 calories a day if they choose so, they just won't get served high calorie food at school.

I don't get how people think this is a law that outlaws certain foods, it isn't even close to that.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 09:34:24 PM »

I don't think most schools are going to ban home lunches, I've only seen example of one doing that. It's doubtful that would become a trend.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies