Group proposes signature competition for 3rd party access to prez debates (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 03:44:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Group proposes signature competition for 3rd party access to prez debates (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Group proposes signature competition for 3rd party access to prez debates  (Read 921 times)
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix
E: -6.90, S: -6.17

« on: April 18, 2015, 06:56:31 PM »

First let's have a third party candidate who isn't a nutjob before we start inviting them to debates.
Nader was not a nutjob, and neither was Johnson or Stein.
Yeah, there aren't really any major third party candidates I agree with more than a generic Democrat, but that classification is a bit unfair.
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix
E: -6.90, S: -6.17

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 09:16:13 PM »

It's not in the Republicans' or Democrats' interests to allow minor third party candidates into the debates, so it isn't going to happen, regardless of what this group thinks the rules are.

It seems to me it would hurt Republicans significantly more with the Libertarian Party essentially being the largest third party atm. Am I wrong in saying that, anybody? (Legitimate question)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies