How would real life demographics vote in Atlasia?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 03:18:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  How would real life demographics vote in Atlasia?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How would real life demographics vote in Atlasia?  (Read 630 times)
TNF
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 26, 2014, 12:40:04 PM »

Well? What do you think the vote breakdown would look like? I'm going to give my best guess, attempting to adjust for social and economic changes made by a decade of alternative legislation at literally every level of government. Tongue

Gender Identity
Men: Probably a narrow plurality for the Federalists, I'd wager. Sexual politics seem to be less of an issue in Atlasia than in the United States, though the overwhelming support of the Federalists for anti-abortion politics and other traditionally "male" positions on social issues would probably give them a relative advantage here.
Women: Labor, given the party's record on abortion rights and introducing paid parental leave.
Transgender/Genderqueer: A relatively strong demographic for Labor, given that Labor was responsible for the Transgender Rights Act. There would probably be a significant minority however that would support the Radical Gays.

18-29: Labor/Radical Gay/Democratic-Republican
30-44: Labor/Federalist/Progressive Union
45-64: Federalist/Labor
65 and older: Federalist/Labor

Race
White: Federalist plurality, for reasons similar to those stated above. White working class voters are probably more likely here to vote for the left-wing party than in the United States because of a less overt racial politics.
African-Atlasians: Labor, although the Federalists probably can expect to do a lot better than the Republicans with this demographic
Latino: Labor, though much more of a swing demographic than in the United States.
Asian-Atlasians: Probably more of a swing demographic here than in the United States. Lean Labor.

Education
No high school education: Strongly Labor
High school only: Labor
Some college: Swing demographic
College graduate: Federalist/Progressive Union
Postgraduate: Labor

Income
Less than $50K: Labor
$50-100K: Federalist/Progressive Union
$100K+: Federalist/Democratic-Republican

Religion
Protestant: Federalist
Catholic: Labor
Other: Labor
None: Labor

Union membership
Union members: Overwhelmingly Labor, though Federalists like President Duke can probably expect probably 15-20% of the labor union vote owing to his support of labor-related legislative efforts
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 12:47:39 PM »

The D-Rs are supported by rich kids apparently Tongue

Well libertarianism I would assume would have larger support among people who have quite a bit of cash, which I don't think is a completely off-base assumption. Of course the Democratic-Republicans are probably going to do a lot better with large swathes of the electorate than the Libertarians would ever do in real life. I think they'd have a much better shot with male voters, for example.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 01:04:06 PM »

I'm still waiting on our cool graphs and breakdowns from the last election, but this will tie me over. Cheesy
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 10:03:51 PM »

Some quibbles/additions:

Evangelicals: Would vote Federalist like blacks vote Democrat.
Mainlines: Federalist/Progressive Union
Catholics: Lean Labor for the same reasons UK Catholics vote Labour. They'd still have a fairly substantial socon minority that votes Federalist
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 12:34:04 AM »

Bumping for interest.

Who would the TPP be strongest with? My guess is college educated professionals.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 03:39:41 AM »

Bumping for interest.

Who would the TPP be strongest with? My guess is college educated professionals.

Olds.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies