6/8 Primaries - AR, CA, IA, ME, MT, NV, NJ, ND, SC, SD, VA (results links in OP) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:51:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  6/8 Primaries - AR, CA, IA, ME, MT, NV, NJ, ND, SC, SD, VA (results links in OP) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 6/8 Primaries - AR, CA, IA, ME, MT, NV, NJ, ND, SC, SD, VA (results links in OP)  (Read 40197 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« on: June 07, 2010, 01:38:28 AM »

Link to the SC vote results as the State Election Commission releases them.

http://www.enr-scvotes.org/SC/16117/index.html

There are primaries on the Lord's day of rest?

No, dear, this is the thread for Tuesday's primaries.

Here's another one to look out for, the Republican primary for Nevada's Clark County District 9 Senate seat. Incumbent Dennis Nolan is on tape allegedly offering to bribe a rape victim to say her ex-husband (his friend) didn't, in fact, rape her.

And then publicly attacked the rape victim and her family: http://www.dlcc.org/node/1972

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 08:31:35 PM »

Wow.  If she can get to 50.01, color me F'n amazed at Sanford's operation and her political talents.

A state rep., getting a MAJORITY, not a plurality, against so many other other SERIOUS candidates, some federal some statewide, despite because of allegations of an affair....wow.

FTFY
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 09:25:53 PM »

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but Hurt is clearly going to be the nominee against our progressive friend Tom in VA, by a very strong margin too, leading everyone else combined, essentially, despite being a "tax-increaser" Sad
I expected that but still: Sad

It's too bad that there were so many teabagger candidates.

I expected him to win, just not by 48%ish, more like in the 30s, I mean he was the object of scorn by all the teaparties for raising taxes and faced like five challengers, that he would win the plurality was pretty obvious, but so decisively?  
He got 48 percent!? I only heard he won through this thread. I had no idea that it was such of a pwnage.

The establishment feeling, at least that which I am attuned to [I'm a Democrat in NYC fwiw] was that he was going to do MUCH worse, but was going to win anyway because he had eight opponents attacking him vigorously an thus splitting the anti-Hurt vote.

But he seems to have taken them to the house, which bodes very, very, very ill for Perriello

Does it? I suppose it depends if an independent tea bagger runs or not now. I'm inclined to believe that Perriello's odds are better in a Periello vs. Hurt vs. Indy Teabagger race than a Periello vs. Republican Teabagger race.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 09:34:47 PM »

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but Hurt is clearly going to be the nominee against our progressive friend Tom in VA, by a very strong margin too, leading everyone else combined, essentially, despite being a "tax-increaser" Sad
I expected that but still: Sad

It's too bad that there were so many teabagger candidates.

I expected him to win, just not by 48%ish, more like in the 30s, I mean he was the object of scorn by all the teaparties for raising taxes and faced like five challengers, that he would win the plurality was pretty obvious, but so decisively?  
He got 48 percent!? I only heard he won through this thread. I had no idea that it was such of a pwnage.

The establishment feeling, at least that which I am attuned to [I'm a Democrat in NYC fwiw] was that he was going to do MUCH worse, but was going to win anyway because he had eight opponents attacking him vigorously an thus splitting the anti-Hurt vote.

But he seems to have taken them to the house, which bodes very, very, very ill for Perriello

Does it? I suppose it depends if an independent tea bagger runs or not now. I'm inclined to believe that Perriello's odds are better in a Periello vs. Hurt vs. Indy Teabagger race than a Periello vs. Republican Teabagger race.

Hurt has an electoral base in the district, and a history of being not completely insane on tax issues, having voted for Warner's budget in '04 or whatevsky, how's that going to hurt him when he so clearly dominated the GOP primary [read: activists] despite a laundry list of opponents attacking him?

There's still 52% of the base that voted against the guy, and keep in mind that this is the same electorate which thought Virgil Goode, basically the proto-tea partier, was a good representative.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 11:56:02 PM »

Well, I'm back. Disappointed in Arkansas, but all Lincoln really won was the chance to be humiliated in November with a Santorum-esque defeat.

Luckily it looks like the GOP voted correctly in NV-Sen and CA.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 12:00:46 AM »

Well, I'm back. Disappointed in Arkansas, but all Lincoln really won was the chance to be humiliated in November with a Santorum-esque defeat.

Luckily it looks like the GOP voted correctly in NV-Sen and CA.

Was there that much difference between the NV Republicans?

Lowden says stupid things but has pretty standard Republican positions. Angle says stupid things and backs those up with ridiculous, far-right positions (such as supporting prohibition of alcohol).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies