O'Malleymentum?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 01:01:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  O'Malleymentum?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: O'Malleymentum?  (Read 467 times)
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 23, 2015, 12:21:56 PM »

Martin O'Malley's RCP average is currently at 4.4%. That's up from 0.6% at the start of the month, and pretty significantly higher than the sum of Webb, Chafee, and O'Malley the last point they were all in the race. In other words - new people are actually choosing to support O'Malley!

It might also be worth noting that O'Malley is currently at the same level of support that Sanders was at in late April, and that Sanders himself has recently seen a small dip in the polls. In fact, Sanders's dip is roughly the same size as O'Malley's bump, which would imply about 2-3% of Democrats have jumped ship from Sanders to O'Malley.

Any possibility this has any effect whatsoever on anything, or just me naively pushing anti-Sanders propaganda?
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 12:30:05 PM »

I wonder who is actually supporting O'Malley, I'm assuming it's people who are liberal but think Sanders is too liberal for them but Clinton is not liberal enough.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 12:30:44 PM »

I wonder who is actually supporting O'Malley, I'm assuming it's people who are liberal but think Sanders is too liberal for them but Clinton is not liberal enough.

Could also be conservative Democrat protest votes?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 12:31:15 PM »

I feel like O'Malley will stay in long enough to steal New Hampshire away from Sanders and give it to Hillary.
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 12:32:46 PM »

I think O'Malley's strong debate performance helped him, along with the weak performance by Sanders. 
I support Sanders
Bernie2016

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2015, 01:45:05 PM »

I'm a Sanders supporter, and O'Malley is my second choice. I have been saying for a few months, however, that I think O'Malley has a good shot at the nomination. I think his path is continued strong debate performances and molding that "third way" (no pun intended) between Clinton (who is the epitome of establishment, corporatism, and the Third Way) and Sanders (who many see as too radical, and too old). Regardless of what happens in 2016, O'Malley will certainly be a contender in 2020 or 2024, and he already has a good shot at being VP. But I do think his momentum will keep growing, and that he wil take support away from both Sanders (mostly) and Clinton (some), and that he may soon become Clinton's main competitor on the left. If Clinton has another scandal, and the debate is between Sanders and O'Malley, we all know who the establishment will support, and who will therefore win the nomination.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2015, 01:55:50 PM »

Martin O'Malley isn't corporate and Third Way? ROFL LMAO
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2015, 02:09:51 PM »

I'm a Sanders supporter, and O'Malley is my second choice. I have been saying for a few months, however, that I think O'Malley has a good shot at the nomination. I think his path is continued strong debate performances and molding that "third way" (no pun intended) between Clinton (who is the epitome of establishment, corporatism, and the Third Way) and Sanders (who many see as too radical, and too old). Regardless of what happens in 2016, O'Malley will certainly be a contender in 2020 or 2024, and he already has a good shot at being VP. But I do think his momentum will keep growing, and that he wil take support away from both Sanders (mostly) and Clinton (some), and that he may soon become Clinton's main competitor on the left. If Clinton has another scandal, and the debate is between Sanders and O'Malley, we all know who the establishment will support, and who will therefore win the nomination.
O'Malley needs to put forwards a "new and fresh ideas" to contrast with the other two and start portraying each of the others as having no crossover appeal with the establishment/base.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2015, 05:44:49 PM »

I quite like O'Malley. It's some of us Sanders supporters who see him as more electable.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies