Melissa Harris-Perry: Life Begins When the Parents Think it Does (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:35:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Melissa Harris-Perry: Life Begins When the Parents Think it Does (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Melissa Harris-Perry: Life Begins When the Parents Think it Does  (Read 4313 times)
Old Man Svensson
Wyodon

« on: August 02, 2013, 05:23:17 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Another comment by the anti-science left. This is truly a monstrous view that allows for infanticide both before and after birth. In Ms. Perry's eyes, it's ok to smother an infant if Mommy & Daddy don't want the child.  For many on the pro-choice side, this is ultimately what abortion is all about; not cases of rape/incest, not the mother's life, but rather they do not want anyone to be inconvenienced by the consequences of their actions and are prepared to snuff out the most vulnerable among is to achieve that end.

Kyrie eleison

You can watch the clip here

If only Democrats followed their thoughts to conclusion. This would lead to life ends when the parents say it ends. Uh oh, now we can allow parents to suffocate their children under the age of 2 because they're less cognisient than an adult ape or dolphin. Tell me there isn't a single liberal out there who doesn't think such things? Van Jones seems to agree with this notion of backwards thinking.

I'm trying to be respectful here, but this has to be one of the most ridiculous strawmen I have ever heard in my life. Yes, Perry's comments are vague and unfortunate, but there is a very fine line between giving women control of their own bodies and constantly thinking of strangling children, and I would seriously hope you're intelligent and mentally healthy enough to understand that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies