Obamacare Myth-Making
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 07:20:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Obamacare Myth-Making
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obamacare Myth-Making  (Read 372 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 10, 2014, 02:03:24 PM »

Yes, the article is written in a rather overwrought way (liberals here, liberals there, liberals, liberals everywhere), but certain bullet points are adduced that might induce someone to substantively discuss them, rather than dismiss them as right wing propaganda. (Indeed, I expect one of two or three posters to promptly report this thread as "trolling," (it happens on a regular basis when I put up something they don't like), but that's OK. Altasia is a "free nation."  Smiley )
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 08:12:41 PM »

Yes, the article is written in a rather overwrought way (liberals here, liberals there, liberals, liberals everywhere), but certain bullet points are adduced that might induce someone to substantively discuss them, rather than dismiss them as right wing propaganda. (Indeed, I expect one of two or three posters to promptly report this thread as "trolling," (it happens on a regular basis when I put up something they don't like), but that's OK. Altasia is a "free nation."  Smiley )

All good points and observations, but I think the biggest problem with ACA is the lack of impact on unemployment and labor force participation. Healthcare costs in the US are suppressing take-home pay and reducing employment rates, yet the run up to ACA and its implementation this year has led to lackluster employment and GDP growth numbers.

Tapering isn't helping, but this is a pretty miserable curtain-raiser for Obamacare.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 08:41:42 PM »

Nope, sorry, all I see is "liberals, liberals, liberals" half-baked conservative agenda.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies