I will now accept my accolades
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 05:22:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  I will now accept my accolades
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 18
Author Topic: I will now accept my accolades  (Read 285121 times)
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: November 25, 2004, 06:50:20 PM »

mypalfish

Last Active:     Today at 05:41:02 PM

Haha. C'mon, just post.
Redefeatbush04

« Reply #226 on: November 26, 2004, 12:39:05 AM »

DanimalBr

« Reply #227 on: November 26, 2004, 01:02:35 AM »

How about a little fish humor to keep this thread going?

Which fish can perform operations?
A Sturgeon!

Where do little fishes go every morning?
To plaice school!

What fish goes up the river at 100mph?
A motor pike!

How could the dolphin afford to buy a house?
He prawned everything!

1st kipper: 'Smoking's bad for you'
2nd kipper: 'It's OK, I've been cured'

What kind of fish is useful in freezing weather?
Skate!

What do you call a fish with no eyes?
Fsh!

What lives in the ocean, is grouchy and hates neighbours?
A hermit crab!

What do you get from a bad-tempered shark?
As far away as possible!

Why did the whale cross the road?
To get to the other tide!
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #228 on: November 26, 2004, 08:33:35 AM »

This thread has served a vital purpose for which we should genuinely thank the fishy one.  Republicans, having done very well this cycle, want to gloat.  We can do so in a completely acceptable way by coming into this thread.  Heck, some of our democratic colleagues have popped in to mock our friendly forum fish.

So come back to us, Nemo.  We need you to accept this, your genuine accolade.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #229 on: November 26, 2004, 10:15:07 PM »

Friendfriedflounder[/i] must have been too stuffed of turkey to swin in today.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #230 on: November 26, 2004, 10:54:29 PM »

He hasn't posted yet??

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #231 on: November 26, 2004, 10:59:45 PM »

How long will we be gloating on our victory? Inauguration Day...2008?
DanimalBr

« Reply #232 on: November 26, 2004, 11:37:58 PM »

How long will we be gloating on our victory? Inauguration Day...2008?

I say till innauguration day at the least.  It's gettin cold outside.  We'd better grab some polls and get ready to do some ice fishing to catch the flounder.   
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: 3.83

« Reply #233 on: November 27, 2004, 09:38:12 AM »
« Edited: November 27, 2004, 09:41:48 AM by TheGiantSaguaro »

LOL, I can't believe this thread is still up at the top. Since the board has decidedly slowed down since the election, I say we keep it going at least till Inauguration day.

Reading through the beginning of this again, I'm reminded of an old buddy who hasn't made a guarantee [about much of anything] since one of the Bills/Cowboys Super Bowls in the '90s, 1993 maybe. "I'm tryin' to tell you Cowboys it's gonna be ugly for you..." He guaranteed the Bills would run away with it. He was a big Buffalo fan. Well, to my knowledge, that's the last guarantee he made. Maybe... wait a minute. That might have been Fish!
DanimalBr

« Reply #234 on: November 27, 2004, 12:54:50 PM »

Fishy floated back up to the surface today at 11:13.   I guess he has digested his Thanksgiving Dinner.
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« Reply #235 on: November 27, 2004, 01:41:32 PM »

Name:  mypalfish
Position:  Jr. Member
Date Registered:  October 07, 2004, 09:03:21 pm
Last Active:  Today at 09:13:39 AM

You guys should stop abusing "fishy fishy fishy".... in fact, every time there is another post, this thread gets bumped up again, and the gloating thread gets extended and continued..

Oh, wait, I just posted... oh darn... ignore this post, ok...?

DanimalBr

« Reply #236 on: November 27, 2004, 01:46:08 PM »

Vorlon, you just made a funny.  Smiley
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #237 on: November 27, 2004, 07:31:24 PM »

lol @ Vorlon.
Redefeatbush04

« Reply #238 on: November 27, 2004, 11:50:47 PM »

WHY THIS STRATEGY ISN'T WORKING:

Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #239 on: November 28, 2004, 02:29:01 AM »

The problem is that he tied himself with his own rope on this thread.

This thread ain't gonna die any time soon.  Smiley
DanimalBr

« Reply #240 on: November 28, 2004, 12:38:23 PM »

This thread has dropped down 4 spots.  We can't have that,  can we?  Back to the top she goes. 
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #241 on: November 28, 2004, 10:42:27 PM »

No, sirree, we can't.   FISH will live forever.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #242 on: November 28, 2004, 11:44:32 PM »

Have you folks ever considering that mypalfish might have been a troll who has tricked you and managed to get an extreme amount of negative attention? Why else would he still visit?

Just an idea.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #243 on: November 29, 2004, 12:48:12 AM »

Have you folks ever considering that mypalfish might have been a troll who has tricked you and managed to get an extreme amount of negative attention? Why else would he still visit?

Just an idea.

Perhaps, but we're having too much fun to care.  :-)

I really can't fathom kind of mental process would lead to someone liking this much negative attention.  This type would have to have psychological problems at the deepest depths.  It's one thing to swim ustream against the current of history, but quite another to find yourself beached by the tidal wave of comments.

Either you are all wet of friendfriedflounder is.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #244 on: November 29, 2004, 12:52:42 AM »

Just an idea.

Perhaps, but we're having too much fun to care.  :-)

I really can't fathom kind of mental process would lead to someone liking this much negative attention.  This type would have to have psychological problems at the deepest depths.  It's one thing to swim ustream against the current of history, but quite another to find yourself beached by the tidal wave of comments.

Either you are all wet of friendfriedflounder is.

Obviously you have not had much experience with trolls in the past. Wink
rbt48

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #245 on: November 29, 2004, 11:38:39 AM »

From the Seattle Times, this article puts to rest the talk that the Florida vote count was flawed.  Conservative Democrats in north Florida voted for Bush overwhelmingly in spite of their party registration.

"Florida newspaper finds no evidence of election fraud
By Meg Laughlin and David Kidwell
Knight Ridder Newspapers
LAKE BUTLER, Fla. — Since President Bush captured Florida and the White House again, critics have fixed their sights on northern pockets of the Sunshine State and asked: How did the Republicans win so heavily in counties stocked with Democrats?
Some wondered whether Florida's tally was corrupt, with one Internet site writing: "George W. Bush's vote tallies, especially in the key state of Florida, are so statistically stunning that they border on the unbelievable."
The Miami Herald last week went to see for itself whether Bush's steamroll through north Florida was legitimate. Picking three counties that fit the conspiracy-theory profile — staunchly Democratic by registration, whoppingly GOP by voting — two reporters counted more than 17,000 ballots over three days.
The conclusion: no conspiracy.
The count of optical-scan ballots in Suwannee, Lafayette and Union counties showed Bush whipping John Kerry in a region where registered Democrats outnumber Republicans 3-1.
The Herald found minor differences with official results, most involving ballots that had been discarded as unreadable by optical-scan machines but in which reporters thought the voter's intent was clear.
Under the optical-scan system, voters fill in an oval or darken an arrow by a candidate's name. A machine reads the card optically.
Kerry solidly won the battle in South Florida, but Bush won the war by dominating everywhere else in the state, particularly in the 52 counties that use optical-scan ballots, which can be checked for accuracy.
Republicans often had done fairly well in those counties, but this year more so.
Democrats outnumber Republicans by about 340,000 voters in the 52 counties, but Bush took them by about 340,000 votes — a 680,000-vote swing that assured him of victory.

The Herald focused on three counties that represented some of the more severe disparities between registrations and votes, beginning Monday in Union County, where more than 75 percent of registered voters are Democrats.
"People here traditionally register as Democrats to vote in local primaries, but they're very conservative," Union County Judge Dave Reimer said. "When I came here in 1983, there were only 54 registered Republicans in the whole county."
Election Supervisor Babs Montpetit was more direct. "People here are mostly fundamentalist Christians who work in the prisons," she said. "Do you think they're going to vote for the liberal senator from Massachusetts?"
The Herald total: 3,393 votes for Bush, 1,272 for Kerry. Fifteen votes couldn't be counted clearly.
The county's official total: 3,396 for Bush, 1,251 for Kerry and a few dozen that couldn't be counted.
The next stop was west a bit, in neighboring Suwannee County. Election Supervisor Glenda Williams greeted reporters at the election office in Live Oak: "Most people in this county are against abortion and gay marriage. So, they voted for Bush."
The Herald counted almost 60 percent of the votes in Suwannee, where nearly 64 percent of voters are registered Democrats.
The newspaper's total: 6,140 votes for Bush and 2,984 for Kerry, which nearly matched the county's official tally.
Next stop: Mayo in Lafayette County, where 83 percent of voters are registered Democrats. Along the way were neighborhoods called "The Christian Village" and a warehouse called "The Christian Outlet." One billboard said: "There is life before birth."
Four years ago, the Florida vote was so tight, and so flawed, that the Herald counted every questionable ballot. The results weren't as close this time, but questions remained. Reporters told Lafayette County Election Supervisor Lana Morgan the newspaper had come back to end the speculation.
"Good," she said. "You don't know how frustrating it is to convince people who are set on believing something — even if it's not true."
The reporters' total: 2,452 votes for Bush and 848 for Kerry, with 20 that couldn't be counted clearly. The official county total: 2,460 for Bush, 845 for Kerry and others that couldn't be counted.
Morgan invited the reporters for an early Thanksgiving dinner in her office, but they had to return home, driving to the Jacksonville airport past Snoball stands, chicken farms and anti-abortion billboards."

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #246 on: November 29, 2004, 04:18:53 PM »

Fishy got a new owner:

J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #247 on: November 29, 2004, 08:45:00 PM »

Friendfriedflounder swam past again today.
DanimalBr

« Reply #248 on: November 30, 2004, 04:10:11 PM »

Swam by or floated by?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #249 on: December 01, 2004, 01:59:55 AM »

Bumperoo.