Ideas on immigration (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 05:35:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Ideas on immigration (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ideas on immigration  (Read 1457 times)
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« on: September 24, 2006, 03:11:57 AM »

I definitely think it's becoming a huge problem, although it's a complex problem and one for which there are no easy solutions.

I'd say the primary strategy should be to crack down on the hiring of illegal immigrants by employers, although obviously that's not easy to pull off successfully. Perhaps some sort of a national database of social security number information could be made available to make it easy for the employer to check the validity of the employees' information.

I don't support building a fence or a wall, which I think would be a massive waste of money.

I'd support cutting off some government programs for illegal immigrants, although not for their children assuming they were born in the US. Some however should be kept for illegal immigrants for the reasons ag cited; it is a threat to law abiding citizens to have illegal immigrants who are denied access to things like health care or education and are therefore more likely to commit crime or to present a health hazard.

Ultimately the solution would be to improve the economy and living conditions within the countries that the immigrants are attempting to come from. I think that's the only thing that could truly solve the problem. They wouldn't be coming in the first place if they weren't trying to escape a wretchedly horrible life in their native lands.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies