What will be the first Obama promise he will start to back pedal on? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 01:12:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  What will be the first Obama promise he will start to back pedal on? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What will be the first Obama promise he will start to back pedal on?  (Read 4594 times)
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« on: November 08, 2008, 03:36:51 PM »

Anyone who thinks that Obama is suddenly going to be the first person ever elected to not back pedal on one thing (spare perhaps Ron Paul and other fringe congressmen) you are the one being moronic.

I'd say the first thing is lower the salary of those receiving tax increases to around $100,000-$150,000

I think the opposite will happen.  I'm willing to bet that we'll see little change in the federal tax policy by the end of his term.  He capitalized on all of the recent populist fervor in order to win, but now he's starting to realize the absurdity of his proposals, and will actually try to improve the economy rather than drive it into a Carter-inspired ditch. 
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 08:55:15 PM »

My problem with Obama was my same problem with Mitt Romney, trust.  Had he not made an "election year conversion" on FICA, "reconsidered" troop withdrawals, talked about not raising taxes, but had these as original positions, I would be a lot more comfortable with him.

I hope he keeps "reconsidering."  Smiley

[Experience was always a problem for me as well, in all honesty.]

Where did Romney flip, besides abortion?
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 10:08:58 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I think on some other social issues.

Like?

Didn't he mess up with some claim about being a hunter/gun owner?

And of course, the claim that his father marched with MLK. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies