May 22, Finally TRUMP is ahead vs Hillary by RCP Average(first time) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:26:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  May 22, Finally TRUMP is ahead vs Hillary by RCP Average(first time) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: May 22, Finally TRUMP is ahead vs Hillary by RCP Average(first time)  (Read 2311 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: May 22, 2016, 07:39:47 PM »

I think it's about right. That scares me a lot, but I'm not going to dismiss it because I don't like the result.

Clinton is stumbling right now.

She needs to demonstrate her skill as a politician with Sanders and his supporters, and cut a deal that strengthens her ticket for the fall and brings them enthusiastically on board so the Dems can focus on TrumpMiller. And speaking of the immature psychopathic fascist dog-whistler, she needs to stop making her main line of attack that his politics are wrong, and swap over to educating the whole nation on just what a terrible human being he is, and what an awful president he'd make. Attacking him on gun rights and similar political staples is just going to help him.

But has she been stumbling though? Nothing has happened in the last month to say she has stumbled. She has said or done nothing controversial on the campaign trail. What we have had is 24/7 coverage of Trump and him securing the nomination. These polls are less about Clinton stumbling and more about Trump coalescing.

Clinton has barely stumbled at all this entire cycle.  Especially compared to Trump and Sanders who have made tons of mistakes.  Hillary's only real mistakes are "we're going to put lots of coal workers out of a job", "what, with a cloth?", and "I'll do it when all the Republicans do it" as her answer for the Goldman Sachs speeches.  She also probably could have handled the minimum wage thing better to make it look less like a lie.

"With a cloth" was actually an amazing moment. I loved the media's tears about it (they're never going to like her or treat her fairly anyway, so who cares.)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 07:40:51 PM »

I think a lot of people really underestimated just how bad a candidate stupid Hillary Clinton the country really was is.

Fixed. Smiley
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 08:22:24 PM »
« Edited: May 22, 2016, 08:27:30 PM by IceSpear »

I think a lot of people really underestimated just how bad a candidate stupid Hillary Clinton the country really was is.

Fixed. Smiley

"My candidate is only losing because everyone else is stupid"

For one thing, she's not losing. As of now the race is deadlocked and polls in May are not very meaningful. Secondly, I think the country is stupid for many reasons, the biggest of which is that 46% of people voted for Sarah Palin to be an old man's heartbeat away from the presidency at the same time the incumbent Republican administration had a 25% approval rating, got us into a toxic unpopular quagmire in the Middle East, and destroyed the economy. To expect a country that did THAT to reject Trump resoundingly is silly, and blaming Hillary completely misses the mark. Americans are just dumb and root for their "team" as if politics was a sport, regardless of who the candidates actually are. Witness how Trump went from a fascist racist sexist con artist liberal mentally unstable thin skinned nutjob who should be nowhere near the nuclear trigger in the eyes of many Republicans/right wingers into the best thing since sliced bread as soon as he got the official designation of presumptive Republican nominee. Whether there is a (D) or an (R) after your name rules all.

Don't worry though, I'm not just picking on the Republicans here. The Democrats are the exact same way. To the extent that people even know about the specific candidates (which often, isn't much) it is frequently dismissed in favor of the party labels.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies