Democratic National Convention days 3 and 4 **live commentary thread** (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 05:27:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic National Convention days 3 and 4 **live commentary thread** (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democratic National Convention days 3 and 4 **live commentary thread**  (Read 22428 times)
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« on: July 27, 2016, 06:11:13 PM »

They'll both be out to pasture by then, it would seem to me. How about Booker/? 2020?
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 06:28:02 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2016, 06:32:29 PM by hermit »

Martin O'Malley is doing a great job of speaking. Very dynamic and interesting! And funny!
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 06:33:11 PM »

Martin is actually a really good and inspiring speaker. Not to mention that he's very handsome. O'Malley 2024?

When he was in the debates with Hillary and Bernie, I always thought he would make a good VP for her.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 06:37:27 PM »

Sigourney is being WAY too negative and boring for my taste. Bleh.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 12:36:09 AM »

I'm still skeptical. Not because of any "low energy" of the speakers so far, but because the focus of this DNC -- at least to me -- is supposed to be on Clinton herself, a reintroduction of Hillary Clinton to the US at large, and not just convention Bernie Bros, as a credible commander in chief. All of the words wasted about Trump after Michelle Obama's opening is a distraction from that.

It's not clear to me, given the nature of the speeches so far, what Clinton intends to do about ISIS or their refugees, or free trade, or the interminable shootings, or the obstructionism of the House GOP. Why should we vote for Clinton?

Yes, Clinton can address all of these things herself in her own speech. The danger is, though, that if she says yet another syllable about Trump, outside the fact that he comes attached with regressive GOP policy, then her speech, and the convention at large, is a failure.

I kind of agree with you in the sense that I'm tired of hearing about Trump. He keeps his face plastered all over the media enough, all by himself, and I'm getting very impatient with it and tired of the garbage he spews.

I'm afraid that Hillary is going to mention him, although she certainly has no need to since everyone else has done a good enough job about it.

I hope she does come through as you ask and talk more about why we should elect her...not because Trump is these negative things, but because she is FOR specific goals, ideals and strategies.

But I disagree that the convention would be a failure by any means, even if Hillary isn't as crystal clear as you would like her to be on why we should vote for her. I think many people saw her in a new light. It's so easy to believe the cartoon character that has been painted about her by the GOP and the media and the rest of her detractors, but that's not the real person.

The real person has a history of working hard and getting things accomplished, and never letting up and never giving in. She is truly a remarkable person if people would take the time to see through the hype.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 12:36:46 AM »

Im very worried about the busters tomorrow. The fact that they chanted through Leon Panetta's speech means they're still a problem. Part of me thinks they're going to do the same to Hillary.

Her supporters in that room will come to her defense much more strongly than they ever have if that happens. Although I imagine it's definitely a thought that's scaring her and the campaign. I think it'll be under control.

Couldn't help noticing that somebody is a "D" now. Welcome to the club.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 09:54:30 PM »

I like what she's saying. She's a serious thinker-type, not a natural charismatic speaker. I always enjoy listening to Hillary.

I think she's saying what our country needs to hear.

Bravo Hillary!
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2016, 10:04:22 PM »

I've heard all I need to hear.

I thought the DNC was pretty good. I've never watched one before this.

Anyone who wants to elect an inexperienced dictator who is the only one who can fix this country...good luck with that.

We're all in this together and that's how progress is made. Hillary knows that.

She's the one.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2016, 11:45:56 PM »

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies