GOP legislators in MI, PA, & WI are pushing for proportional EC allocation (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 08:25:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  GOP legislators in MI, PA, & WI are pushing for proportional EC allocation (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GOP legislators in MI, PA, & WI are pushing for proportional EC allocation  (Read 13247 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« on: December 17, 2012, 04:58:46 PM »

Hey, if they want to be voted out in 2014, be my guest. You'd think they would have learned after the record minority turnout this year in response to all the racist voter ID laws.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 09:01:22 PM »

I wouldn't mind if this was implemented nationwide, actually.

Of course not, it would have resulted in a Romney win.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 12:04:58 AM »

Also I'm not convinced the EC favors Democrats, as I've said before I think conventional wisdom on politics is way too static and people tend to vastly underestimate how much difference a candidate or campaign makes. I mean, very few states flipped between 1992 and 1996, between 2000 and 2004, and between 2008 and 2012... because you had the winning candidate in each race run both times. But a lot of states flipped between 1996 and 2000; 2004 and 2008. Because you had new candidates. Who the EC favors is just as conditional and silly as all the talk of permanent realignments and partisan locks on the WH that crop up from time to time.

In the long run, the electoral college should favor Republicans, because the Dems are an urban party and the GOP is a rural party.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 02:38:42 PM »

I think these bills should go through. Honestly.....the real Pennsylvania should have a say in choosing the President, and not just Philadelphia which basically dictates the whole state.  Same with Detroit/MI etc. I think it would be very fair.

Racist.

^^^^
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies