2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:50:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 66
Author Topic: 2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)  (Read 155281 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: May 07, 2014, 08:56:15 PM »

John Edwards for President Schedule: February 4th - 8th

We're heartened by the news of our debate victory, and we are polling well in the key contests coming up in Tennessee and Virginia! I’m also honored to be the candidate with the best favoribility ratings out of the entire Democratic field. Make no mistake, the Edwards campaign isn’t out of this race by any measure!

February 4th, 2004:
Townhall in Jackson, Tennessee with Governor Phil Bredesen
Meet and greet in Clarksville, Tennessee
Rally in Nashville, Tennessee with Vice President Al Gore and Governor Phil Bredesen
Fundraiser in Nashville, Tennessee with Vice President Al Gore and Governor Phil Bredesen

It’s an honor to be here with my good friend the Vice President and all y’all as well. It’s great to be here in what truly is the engine of our economy - not Washington and not Wall Street, but the people here and the tens of millions of men and women like you, who go to work every day trying to do right by your families. The Edwards Administration will focus on growing the middle class, putting more money in your pocket. When our middle class grows, our whole economy grows. Here’s how.

Our tax code is broken. Child care costs more than rent if you have two children. A worker at the poverty line pays more than $800 in federal taxes. Only 27% of households within 20 years of retirement have enough saved up to make it through. There’s three things we need to fix: saving, work, and family. Our first tax break will be in savings: a new tax credit will match up to $500 a year in saving for families earning up to $75,000, and new work bonds will offer more targeted savings incentives for low-income families. That credit will help boost low-income families, and help them save for retirement, for college, for a new home, or to invest in a small business. Pillar two is families: we’re going to expand the child care credit to pay up to 50% of childcare expenses up to $5000. That’ll make it possible for people to be able to keep their jobs and take care of their children. Finally, work: we’ll triple the Earned Income Tax Credit and cut the marriage penalty. Under the Edwards administration, work will pay.

How will we pay for this? Simple. We’ll raise the capital gains rate to 28% for the wealthiest taxpayers. That’ll mean the most fortunate taxpayers will be paying similar taxes on their investment income as you’re paying on your wages. We’ll take other steps to crack down on abuse: declaring war on tax havens and crack down on their promoters, and close unfair loopholes like the tax breaks for hedge funds and unlimited executive pensions. The Edwards Administration will product an economy and a tax system in line with our values: not a tax code for the wealthiest Americans, and not a tax code for Washington insiders, but a tax code for everyone else.

February 5th, 2004:
Town hall in Chattanooga, Tennessee with Vice President Al Gore and Governor Phil Bredesen
Meet and greet in Cookeville, Tennessee
Meet and greet in Harrogate, Tennessee

February 6th, 2004:
Meet and greet in Radford, Virginia with Rep. Rick Boucher
Town hall in Lynchburg, Virginia
Town hall in Danville, Virginia
Rally in Norfolk, Virginia with Rep. Owen B. Pickett and Mayor Paul D. Fraim

Norfolk has traditionally been a center of trade and commerce. Ships come here from across the world. We’ve had a lot of debate over trade in this country - free trade, fair trade, all that. I don’t want either. I want smart trade.

Smart trade means trade deals that don’t focus on Wall Street or the gross domestic product. Smart trade means deals that make most families better off - not about our foreign policy, not about our multinational corporations, but about our regular families. Under an Edwards administration, that will be the criterion by which we consider our trade deals. We need to get nations like Japan and China to end their currency manipulations, which disadvantage American businesses, before we look to future trade deals. We need a level playing field for American businesses, so that American workers can compete on fair terms. We’ll go after tax incentives to move offshore, expand trade adjustment assistance through a new training program, and prosecute extensively those who would violate our trade deals. I support trade - so long as it benefits the American people. And it will, if we enact a new trade policy that puts workers, wages, and families first. That’s what I’ll do.

February 7th, 2004:
Town hall in Fredericksburg, Virginia
Town hall in Harrisonburg, Virginia
Town hall in Winchester, Virginia

February 8th, 2004:
Town hall in Falls Church, Virginia with Rep. Jim Moran
Town hall in Arlington, Virginia with Rep. Jim Moran
Meet and greet in Washington, D.C.
Rally in Washington, D.C. with Majority Leader Gephardt, Vice President Gore and Senator Graham
Fundraiser in Washington, D.C. with Majority Leader Gephardt, Vice President Gore and Senator Graham

Thank y’all for turning out! It’s an honor to be here, with my good friends - Dick, Al, Bob - to take on an issue that means a lot, especially here: returning this city to regular people. Here is where the special interests reign, while we face stagnant wages, longer hours, and higher costs. Insurance and drug companies block efforts to make health care universal and more affordable. Energy and power companies block efforts to develop renewable energy and improve energy efficiency. Financial institutions block efforts to crack down on predatory lending. Businesses block efforts to give workers a real choice to join a union. Wealthy taxpayers and corporations lobby for special tax breaks while the 37 million Americans living in poverty are not even on the agenda. We can’t go on as two Americas with two political systems. We can’t have one for the insiders and one for the rest of us. Influencing our government is a big business in and of itself - there’s over 60 lobbyists here for every member of Congress. We’re outnumbered.

As President, I’ll change that. As President, we will enact a Constitutional amendment that will grant the President the power to single out pork provisions in bills and send them back to Congress for a vote. Congress can only shove through the earmarks that fuel the lobbying industry by going on the record in support of each special-interest provision. I’ll also issue an executive order prohibiting appointees from lobbying their former colleagues. Foreign and corporate lobbyists will not be welcome to work in my White House; nor will executive branch officials be able to accept gifts or travel from lobbyists. We need to take the power out of the hands of the lobbyists, and give it back to the people.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #401 on: May 07, 2014, 08:58:32 PM »

I thought that this round only went to the 7th? Why have most people made schedules for the 8th?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #402 on: May 07, 2014, 08:59:36 PM »

I thought that this round only went to the 7th?

So did I, but the other folks have been doing to the 8th.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #403 on: May 07, 2014, 09:03:13 PM »

Are our schedules supposed to stop on 2/8?
Yes, for this round.

I saw this and I edited my own schedule.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #404 on: May 07, 2014, 09:14:07 PM »

Are our schedules supposed to stop on 2/8?
Yes, for this round.

I saw this and I edited my own schedule.

I'll edit in a schedule for the 8th, just so we're all even.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #405 on: May 07, 2014, 09:40:06 PM »

Gary Johnson Interview:
Interviewer: Governor Johnson, in his recent ad, Mayor Giuliani implied that you were untested in a crisis, do you have a response to that?

Johnson: (Chuckles) Well of course I do, while I agree that Mr. Giuliani handled the tragic events of 9/11 very well, that does not mean he's the only one qualified in a crisis. Not all crisis's  are the same. Mr. Giuliani as mayor did not have to deal with the aftereffects of 9/11 when it came to the organization of national security and foreign policy. That is the type of experience we need, organizational leadership, and the ability to manage. I did that as a business owner, I did that as governor, and I'll do that as president.

Interviewer: Some republicans claim that you are in this race to make a statement, not actually win, what do you have to say to them?

Johnson: Well, I'd say to them that I'm completely in this to win it, and it's not just to make a statement, but to make an actual change.

Interviewer: What kind of change?

Johnson: A change in the party, we have to understand that we need to reach out to those that don't typically vote republican. The younger vote is continually slipping away, and no recent candidate has gotten over 15% of the African-American vote. We need to go to them, not the other way around. We need to promote our policies and explain why we support them, we need to stop making criminals out of drug addicts and start rehabilitating them. We need to stop sending our young people off to wars that don't need to be fought. I'm in this race to reform America, to make it stronger than ever.

Interviewer: Is there anything you want to leave with the audience?

Johnson: Yes, I want to remind everyone that all my plans for prosperity are on my website. I want everyone to be able to live free, and that is what a true conservative wants. I have the experience and convictions to be president, and I am electable. They called Ronald Reagan unelectable, he was "too conservative to win" but instead he won elections twice in a landslide. We have a chance to shake up the political system and make real change, so I ask for your help in this campaign, and your vote in the primary and this November.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #406 on: May 07, 2014, 09:52:19 PM »

Allen Campaign Statement:

The Allen campaign wishes not to engage Mayor Giuliani on his ridiculous claim that he is the only who has ever been tested, and wishes to, instead, talk about the issues, which the Mayor seems to dodge. The Allen Campaign is about substance, not broad pronouncement.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #407 on: May 07, 2014, 09:57:02 PM »

Giuliani Campaign Statement

In response to Senator Allen's statement regarding a recent ad, Mayor Giuliani would like to point out at the ad in question was not put out by the campaign and was not endorsed by Mr. Giuliani. The ad was put out by the International Association of Fire Fighters, a union that supports Mr. Giuliani's campaign for President. The campaign played no role in the development, planning, or production of the ad.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #408 on: May 07, 2014, 10:03:44 PM »
« Edited: May 07, 2014, 10:11:36 PM by Governor Spiral »

Kucinich Campaign Strategy

The Kucinich campaign has been gearing up to ensure very strong showings in Washington, Michigan, and Maine, believing that there is a good chance to win all of them with an impressive turnout from supporters. Surrogates have been brought up to help with barnstorming all three states alongside Congressman Kucinich. The funding and airtime for advertisements has been considerably increased in order to have more clout over the airways in the final days before voting. For the caucuses about to vote (Washington and Maine), there has been an intense effort to bring in the most motivated supporters and instruct them on how to go through the caucus process in each precinct. The message in recent days from the campaign has shifted to presenting Kucinich as the boldest alternative to Hillary Clinton, the current frontrunner, out of all the other Democratic contestants, in order to siphon support away from Biden and Edwards. An organized operation with campaign staff and grassroots forces in each state is propelling Kucinich to have the best showing possible by bringing in voters based on key issues (war, environment, labor, etc.) that respond well in polling. The minority vote is critical to victory in Michigan, so surrogates such as Jesse Jackson have been stumping hard in areas such as Detroit to maximize turnout among likely voters and to attract disaffected voters.

TV Ad: America First

Companies are shipping their jobs overseas. Wages are being slashed and people are being laid off. Families across America are going through a rough patch, and they need a leader who stands with them. Dennis Kucinich has been that leader all his life. He has said no to cheap labor and will pull out of job-killing treaties like NAFTA. Manufacturing will rebound under a Kucinich presidency. To Dennis, Mexico or China doesn't come first—America comes first. It's time to have a President that will stand up for American interests again. I'm Dennis Kucinich, and I approve this message.

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #409 on: May 07, 2014, 10:06:46 PM »

OOC: Well, this is going to be a tough choice, regardless of who wins in Michigan. The current candidates are really active and efficient right now, xD
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #410 on: May 07, 2014, 10:36:35 PM »

Gary Johnson Press Release:

The Johnson campaign would ask Mr. Giuliani that he request on his behalf that the International Association of Fire Fighters retract their ad. It seems unprofessional to not have a handle on the ads that go out on their behalf.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #411 on: May 07, 2014, 11:07:44 PM »

Sorry guys, I went to the 8th because I didn't know when the round ended. A few other players followed suit. Then I asked NHI to clarify in the quoted posts above.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #412 on: May 07, 2014, 11:08:56 PM »

OOC: Well, this is going to be a tough choice, regardless of who wins in Michigan. The current candidates are really active and efficient right now, xD

I feel like this race should go as long as it needs to, but maybe I'm biased Tongue
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #413 on: May 07, 2014, 11:21:00 PM »
« Edited: May 08, 2014, 12:09:31 AM by badgate »

Radio Ad: The Only Joe

BEAU BIDEN: Shortly after my dad became Senator, my mother and brother died in a tragic car accident. But through all the grief, dad's commitment to me and his commitment to the people of Delaware shone through. He and I made it out the other side stronger, and to this day he has not once turned his back on me or his constituents. That's why he's the only choice in the Democratic primary.

JOE BIDEN: I'm Joe Biden and I need your vote. The primary is ______, so come out and vote! Together, we'll put America back on track. [victorious music]

Radio Ad: Constituency of One

WOMAN: When we elected Hillary Clinton to the Senate here in New York, we had high hopes that she would be up to the job. But from day one, she has worked solely for her own promotion. Our tax dollars stopped coming back home. Small businesses and constituent services have fallen by the wayside in her Senate offices. So here in New York, we've been left asking ourselves: can we really trust her to be President of anybody but herself? We didn't vote for Hillary to help her become President; she asked for our trust to represent us in the Senate and then broke it. In this primary, it's become even more clear: Hillary Clinton serves a constituency of one. [somewhat ominous, sad music]

badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #414 on: May 07, 2014, 11:53:17 PM »
« Edited: May 08, 2014, 04:26:54 AM by badgate »

Biden Surrogates (2)

Jay Rockefeller, Senator from West Virginia

February 5, 2004 Virginia
-Barnstorming in Leesburg
-Barnstorming in Sterling
-Barnstorming in Winchester
-Barnstorming in Strasburg

February 6, 2004 Virginia
-Barnstorming in Manassas
-Barnstorming in Fredericksburg
-Barnstorming in Spotsylvania
-Barnstorming in Stafford

February 7, 2004 West Virginia
-Constituent Services at West Virginia Senate office

February 8, 2004 Virginia
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Harrisonburg
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Lexington
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Blacksburg
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Wytheville

Max Cleland, Senator from Georgia

February 5, 2004 Virginia
-VFW Speech in Virginia Beach
-Barnstorming in Norfolk
-VFW Speech in Norfolk
-Barnstorming in Hampton

February 6, 2004 Virginia
-Rest/Personal day

February 7, 2004 D.C.
-Personal day

February 8, 2004 Virginia
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Richmond
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Petersburg

Max Baucus, Senator from Montana

February 4, 2004 Washington & Idaho
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Spokane
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Spokane Valley
-Barnstorming in Moscow
-Barnstorming in Lewiston

February 5, 2004 D.C.
-At D.C. Senate office

February 6, 2004 Idaho
-Barnstorming in Caldwell
-Barnstorming in Nampa
-Barnstorming in Eagle
-Barnstorming in Emmett

February 7, 2004 Montana
-Constituent services in Montana Senate office

February 8, 2004 Idaho
-Barnstorming in Boise (2x locations)
-Barnstorming in Southeast Boise
-Barnstorming in Twin Falls
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #415 on: May 08, 2014, 05:06:21 AM »
« Edited: May 08, 2014, 05:16:47 AM by NHI »

Sorry for any confusion.
Michigan and Washington are on Feb 7th (results to be up today)
Maine is the 8th.
Looks like everyone went to 8th so Maine results will be included too.

The next round will go from the Feb 9 until 10 (cover TN and VA), following Feb 11-14 (DC and NV) following that Feb 15-17 (WI) from there Feb 18-24 (HI, ID, UT) and from there Feb 25-March 2 (Super Tuesday)

Again I apologize for the mixup
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #416 on: May 08, 2014, 10:27:59 AM »
« Edited: May 08, 2014, 12:38:05 PM by NHI »

*A Reminder that going forward, after this round it will be winner take all.
Round XII: February 9-10

Michigan and Washington Contests Results

Democrats

Michigan
√ Hillary Clinton: 29.9% (39)
Joe Biden: 24.9% (32)
John Edwards: 24.0% (30)
Dennis Kucinich: 20.2% (27)
Other: 1.0%

Washington
√ Dennis Kucinich: 28.4% (22)
Hillary Clinton: 28.0% (22)
Joe Biden: 22.4% (17)
John Edwards: 21.2% (15)

Republicans:

Michigan
√ Rudy Giuliani: 37.7% (52)
George Allen: 37.1% (51)
Gary Johnson: 25.0% (25)
Other: 0.2%

Washington
√ Gary Johnson: 33.9% (26)
Rudy Giuliani: 33.1% (25)
George Allen: 32.9% (25)
Other: 0.1%

Maine Results: February 8th, 2004

Democrats:

Maine
√ Hillary Clinton: 28.5% (9)
Dennis Kucinich: 27.9% (9)
Joe Biden: 25.5% (5)
John Edwards: 18.1% (1)

Republicans:

Maine
√Rudy Giuliani: 39.2% (11)
Gary Johnson: 37.1% (10)
George Allen: 23.7% (4)

Good Night All the Way Around
A strong night for all of the candidates. Mayor Giuliani and Senator Clinton both walked with wins in Maine and Michigan, while faced upsets in both Washington. Gary Johnson squeaked by 0.8 percent over Giuliani, while Dennis Kucinich won the caucuses by an even closer margin of 0.4 percent. Kucinich, also finished a closed second in Maine, a state where he devoted a tremendous amount of resources and time and his strong performance in both states gives his campaign momentum to carry on.

Gary Johnson proved that a strong organization on the ground can make all the difference. His narrow finish to Giuliani in Maine and win in Washington can be attributed to his GOTV operation in both states and his focus on both states early on. Senator George Allen, also come up a winner after the contests. While he did not place first in any state, he managed to erase Giuliani's lead in Michigan and lost by only 0.6 percent. Surely, Allen, who collected a large prize of delegates can make that the case that his campaign has momentum.

Joe Biden and John Edwards both had respectable showings. Biden finished a close second in Michigan and collected some delegates too. John Edwards, still recovering from his time off the campaign trail was unable to close the deal in Michigan, but did pickup some delegates and looks poised for a strong showing in the upcoming Tennessee and Virginia primaries, where latest polls have him the lead. Pundits strongly believe Edwards could rise again.

Tennessee: Democrats
John Edwards: 30%
Hillary Clinton: 26%
Joe Biden: 22%
Dennis Kucinich: 18%
Undecided: 6%

Virginia: Democrats
John Edwards: 28%
Hillary Clinton: 24%
Joe Biden: 22%
Dennis Kucinich: 17%
Undecided: 9%

Tennessee: Republicans
George Allen: 44%
Rudy Giuliani: 34%
Gary Johnson: 15%
Undecided: 7%

Virginia: Republicans
George Allen: 71%
Rudy Giuliani: 17%
Gary Johnson: 8%
Undecided: 3%

Hillary Clinton: 180
Joe Biden: 141
Dennis Kucinich: 137
John Edwards: 121

George Allen: 208
Rudy Giuliani: 174
Gary Johnson: 111
Donald Rumsfeld: 61

This Round will Close: on Saturday at 12:01 AM EST

Next Round the delegates will be winner take all.

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #417 on: May 08, 2014, 11:07:57 AM »

Oh cool twist, Gary-mentum!
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #418 on: May 08, 2014, 11:37:46 AM »
« Edited: May 08, 2014, 11:45:34 AM by Governor Spiral »

I'm satisfied. Washington should be made yellow for the Democrats, though, since Kucinich won there.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #419 on: May 08, 2014, 11:43:20 AM »

February 7th - George Allen Concession Speech

"What an exciting night *cheers* We came this close to winning two states, even as polls had us further behind. I already called Mayor Giuliani to congratulate him on his win in Michigan, and Governor Johnson on his victory in Washington, but I'm feeling like the momentum is on our side! We are moving closer and closer in all sorts of states, and we have support from just about everywhere. We already have a delegate lead, and we are going to win the nomination!"

On the 8th, Allen called Giuliani to congratulate on Maine, but held no party for the primary, as he was busy campaigning in the the primary of Wisconsin.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #420 on: May 08, 2014, 12:07:22 PM »

Thank you! Thank you, everybody! We've had one heck of a night tonight, haven't we? Not only did we win in Washington, but we're strong in Michigan, and we're only a handful of delegates away from being in second place! *cheers* This just proves how the momentum is on our side now, and pretty soon we'll be going head-to-head with Hillary until the very end!

February 8: Congratulatory call to Senator Clinton on Maine results and election night rally, followed by strategy session for DC, Nevada, and Wisconsin
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #421 on: May 08, 2014, 12:30:56 PM »

OOC: Damn, this was a hard choice. MadmanMotley deserves to win as well, but Rumsfeld is too different from Johnson to be realistic. Rumsfeld is closer to Giuliani, and at the same time Allen is also appealing (and having an Allen/Giuliani duel in the style of Obama/Clinton would be great as well). But we're having fun here, not writing Alternate History, so here I go!

Surprise: Donald Rumsfeld endorses George Allen,
pledges his 61 delegates to him!

"As you know, I pledged to make an endorsement when the results of the Michigan Primary were released, and Mayor Giuliani has my congratulations on his debate and primary victory. To endorse was not an easy choice, not when the three candidates bring something to the table. Governor Johnson brings a fresh perspective to many issues, Senator Allen has been a consistent fighter for conservatism and a loyal fighter for the Administration, and Mayor Giuliani has his leadership and his record in New York City. But this year and for the next four or eight years we will need leadership, a strong foreign policy, and the ability to stand up to the Democrats and stop them from surrendering as fast as they can. And if we we look very carefully, there is one candidate that, in my opinion, seems more suitable for the task, a man that I fully trust to be a good Commander in Chief while balancing all of these challenges.

That man, ladies and gentlemen, is Senator George Allen. I know many of you expected me to endorse Mayor Giuliani after my friend Dick Cheney did, and while I feel close to him in foreign policy, you can trust me when I say Senator Allen has the strength the future President needs, and he has the firm values and beliefs to defend the legacy of the Bush administration until the end. I call on my delegates to endorse the Senator, and I call my remaining supporters to give him your strength, and perhaps, your enthusiasm, so we can choose him as our nominee. The primary is not over yet by any chance, as Mayor Giuliani and Governor Johnson remain standing and strong, so this will be a fantastic chance to get out hopes fired up and see a truly memorable and energizing primary for the party. It doesn't matter if it ends tomorrow, if it ends after Super Tuesday, or even if it ends at the Convention. We will elect our nominee and stand  behind him as a united party, and we will show these naysayers what is truly best for America!"
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #422 on: May 08, 2014, 12:38:33 PM »

I'm satisfied. Washington should be made yellow for the Democrats, though, since Kucinich won there.
Corrected.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #423 on: May 08, 2014, 12:47:06 PM »

February 8, 2004 2:00 AM

Michigan Stadium, Michigan

Having called Representative Kucinich to congratulate him on a fine performance in Washington. But the reality is we tied in Delegates there and won in here in Michigan! We have built victories in a disparate coalition of states, ranging from Missouri and Oklahoma in the mid-south to New Mexico in the Southwest, to Michigan in the Rust Belt, to New Hampshire in New England. That is why we will win the nomination. And that is why we will win in November.

February 9, 2004 1:30 AM
Alfond Arena, Orno, Maine

I've received Representative Kucinich's congratulations on our performance here in Maine, and now I want to add one of our own. Kucinich has run the best campaign, of any politician of any party since George McGovern in 1972. But we, as the Democratic Party aren't going to let this be 1972 right? It's great to have the lead going into the winner take all section of our nominating process, and to my fellow Democrats, may the best candidate win.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #424 on: May 08, 2014, 12:55:55 PM »

BREAKING NEWS: Rumsfeld Backs Allen
"Pledges 61 Delegates to him"

Republican Primary Map
George Allen: 269
Rudy Giuliani: 174
Gary Johnson: 111

ALLEN TAKES LEAD IN DELEGATES; TOPS LATEST POLL

National Polling
George Allen: 35%
Rudy Giuliani: 32%
Gary Johnson: 26%
Undecided: 7%

Donald Rumsfeld's endorsement of Senator George Allen carries with it the 61 delegates he won during his stint in the primary. Smart money was on Rumsfeld backing Rudy Giuliani, especially after Vice President Cheney endorsed the former New York Mayor. In the wake of the backing, Allen who failed to win any of the last three contests, holds a lead in the delegates and jumped to the pack in national polling. He heads into the Virginia and Tennessee primaries with a large lead in both states.

Rudy Giuliani, the once favorite in the race for the nomination now has pundits asking can Rudy make a comeback. Despite his wins in Michigan and Maine, Giuliani still trails Allen in delegates and for the first time dropped to second in national polling.

Gary Johnson, is still a factor in this race, especially after his win in Washington. He looks to the remaining February contests and at Super Tuesday to continue his momentum.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 66  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies