2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:13:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 66
Author Topic: 2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)  (Read 155282 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: May 08, 2014, 01:13:30 PM »
« edited: May 08, 2014, 07:45:09 PM by IDS Legislator Maxwell »

New George Allen Endorsements

Pat Robertson - Allen's a true leader

Lexington, Virginia - Allen arrived for a small appearance in his home state to receive the endorsement of Former Presidential candidate and televangelist Pat Robertson. In a primary against two pro-choice, pro-gay marriage candidates, Allen's been beefing up his support from social conservatives, trying to unite them in his corner. Robertson also noted his loyalty towards family values issues and flat tax proposal.

Also, see Rumsfeld's endorsement
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #426 on: May 08, 2014, 01:57:41 PM »

George Allen for President - February 9th-10th, 2004

"Thank you for that question, and that's been a main plank of my campaign. We need to create more jobs, and what we have seen for years is high rates on job creators, and as a result they leave. In order to fix this I have a solution - lower the corporate rate, 0% for small businesses, eliminate capital gains tax, and eliminate the estate tax. Along with that, I will be lowering the income tax rate for American families. I believe that people who earn their money know best what to do with it."

February 9th, 2004:
6:00 AM - Breakfast with Voters in Chattanooga, Tennessee
7:30 AM - Barnstorming in Chattanooga, Tennessee with Arthur Ravenel, and Zell Miller
9:00 AM - Town Hall in Cleveland, Tennessee with Arthur Ravenel and Zell Miller
10:30 AM - Meet and Greet in Shelbyville, Tennessee with Lindsey Graham and Zell Miller
12:00 PM - Lunch with Supporters in Mursfreebro, Tennessee with Lindsey Graham and Zell Miller
2:00 PM - Barnstorming in Nashville, Tennessee with Dick Armey and Mary Fallin
3:00 PM - Meeting with the Tennessee Republican Party with Dick Armey and Mary Fallin
4:30 PM - Town Hall in Clarksville, Tennessee with Dick Armey and Mary Fallin
5:30 PM - Dinner with Campaign Team [Strategy Meeting] in Columbia, Tennessee
7:00 PM - Town Hall in Jackson, Tennessee
9:00 PM - Barnstorming in Memphis, Tennessee

"We're moving forward in this campaign, some pundits are even calling us, dare I say it, the front runner! The great Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld has endorsed our campaign, and we are moving forward. Ladies and gentlemen, with broadbase reforms of our tax code, education, we have the big momentum in this race!"

February 10th, 2004:
Receiving endorsement from Pat Robertson in Lexington, Virignia
GOTV operations in North Virginia (very small amount of time) with Pat Robertson and Bob Goodlatte
GOTV operations throughout Tennessee with Tom Coburn and Dick Armey
Results Rally in Memphis, Tennessee with Tom Coburn and Dick Armey
Strategy Meeting on Wisconsin

New Allen Ad - Tax Reform

"President Bush has put forward tax reform, but we need to do even more to create more innovation in this country. Hi, I'm George Allen, and I have a plan that will create even more jobs in the upcoming years, and most of all, put more money in your pockets. I will lower Income Taxes by 25%, Cut corporate taxes, and even more importantly, eliminate the capital gains and the estate tax. Americans deserve to make their own decisions with their money, and my plan allows them to do so.

I approve this message, because we need to get serious about moving America forward."
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #427 on: May 08, 2014, 01:58:50 PM »

OOC: Aw shucks, if I'd paid more attention I wouldn't have had Joe campaigning in Washington on 2/8. xD
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #428 on: May 08, 2014, 02:20:44 PM »
« Edited: May 08, 2014, 02:27:11 PM by badgate »

Joe Biden Concession Speech

Thank you! Thank you! Good evening, thank you for joining us here in beautiful Washington. I've just called Senator Clinton and Congressman Kucinich's campaigns and congratulated them on their narrow victories tonight.

But if you ask me, it's your hard work that shone through tonight. (applause) Despite our loss, we are second in delegates for the Democratic nomination! (applause) And tomorrow we will soldier on! Because this race is too important to stand down. I was asked recently, in the debate, what separated me from the others in this nomination fight. And I failed to convincingly make that case. Tonight, I promise you, never again.

So, here's who I am: I am Amtrak Joe. For over 30 years I have commuted from Delaware to D.C., because I made a promise and kept it to my constituents to never lose touch with them. I am the only candidate who was in the Senate during the tumultuous years of the early 70s when so many Americans lost faith in the office of Presidency and the efficacy of government. I've seen that loss of faith and worked tirelessly with my fellow Democrats to earn back the trust of Americans.

My opponents, they've concerned themselves with pet projects in Congress. Not with necessary and vital legislation. They've leveraged their positions to ask for a promotion; some of them haven't even completed a full term: truly, if nothing else, that is a measure of vanity and power mongering. Well that's not the politics for me. Public service for me has always been a joy; not an obligation or errand, but a privilege that I rejoice in fulfilling. (applause)

I am the only candidate who has successfully blocked a highly controversial and dangerous right-wing Supreme Court nomination from being confirmed. (applause) In the Senate I passed a crimes bill, reasonable gun control, and one of the achievements my wife Jill and I are most proud of: the Violence Against Women Act. (applause) If you haven't noticed a pattern, here it is: I get things done. And I'll get things done as President too! (applause)

So tomorrow we will put one foot in front of the other, until our walk turns into a sprint, on to Virginia, and Idaho! Nevada, and D.C.! To Wisconsin, to Hawaii, to Utah, and straight on to the White House! Thank you! God Bless you! We'll see you in November!

OOC: schedule and ads tonight after work
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #429 on: May 08, 2014, 03:03:20 PM »

Can we get some polls for Super Tuesday states?
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #430 on: May 08, 2014, 03:50:32 PM »

Rudy Giuliani Victory Speech from Maine

Thank you! Now the great states of Maine and Michigan have joined with us in this campaign for President. This is great news and I thank everyone for their support. I may not have the lead in delegates, and I may be down in the latest tracking polls, but this is still a long way out. We've still got a lot of states left that need to vote and there are still a lot of people who are undecided. The American people are behind me, the momentum is behind me, and I believe that I can take this race into the convention and win it! Let's keep our heads up, walk tall, and fight on into Nevada and Wisconsin and all the way to Super Tuesday!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #431 on: May 08, 2014, 03:57:38 PM »

Rudy Giuliani Campaign Schedule for Feb. 9th-Feb. 10th, 2004

Giuliani 2004 Campaign Staff
National Co-Chairmen: President Gerald Ford and Senator John McCain
Chief of Staff: Tony Carbonetti
Chief Political Strategist: Mike DeHaime
Energy Policy Director: Governor Angus King
Foreign Policy Director: Former President Gerald Ford
Defense Policy Director: Senator John McCain
Spokeswoman: Katie Levinson
Chief Pollster: Dr. Mark Campbell

Feb. 9th, 2004; Nevada
-- Barnstorm in Reno, NV with Gov. Guinn, Sen. McCain, and Mr. Adelson
-- Barnstorm in Las Vegas, NV with Gov. Guinn, Sen. McCain, and Mr. Adelson
-- Barnstorm in Henderson, NV with Gov. Guinn, Sen. McCain, and Mr. Adelson

Feb. 10th, 2004; Nevada
-- Barnstorm in Sparks, NV with Gov. Guinn, Sen. McCain, and VP Cheney
-- Barnstorm in Golden Valley, NV with Gov. Guinn, Sen. McCain, and VP Cheney
-- Barnstorm in Cold Springs, NV with Gov. Guinn, Sen. McCain, and VP Cheney
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #432 on: May 08, 2014, 04:05:01 PM »

Giuliani Surrogates, Feb.9th-10th, 2004

Gov. George Pataki
Barnstorming in Washington, D.C.

Mayor Michael Bloomberg

Senator John McCain
Barnstorming with Mayor Giuliani in Nevada

Governor Angus King
Barnstorming in Wisconsin

Fmr. First Lady Nancy Reagan

Senator George Voinovich
Barnstorming in Ohio

Mr. Sheldon Adelson
Barnstorming in Nevada

Former President Jerry Ford

Governor Terry Branstad

Senator Kit Bond
Barnstorming in Ohio

House Majority Whip Roy Blunt
Barnstorming in Ohio

Mr. John Elway

Senator Norm Coleman

Governor Pete Wilson
Barnstorming in Nevada

Former Vice President Dan Quayle
Barnstorming in Nevada

Former Senator Howard Baker
Barnstorming in Tennessee

Senator Lamar Alexander

House Speaker Dennis Hastert

Former Senator Fred Thompson

Senator Larry Pressler
Barnstorming in Idaho

Governor John Hoeven
Barnstorming in Idaho

Governor Mike Rounds
Barnstorming in Idaho

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Barnstorming in Nevada

Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Jack Kemp

Senator Bob Dole

General Norman Schwarzkopf

International Association of Fire Fighters
Voter Registration Rallies in Nevada

Senator Connie Mack III
Barnstorming in Nevada

Dick Cheney
Barnstorming in Nevada

Kay Bailey Hutchinson
Barnstorming in Nevada
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #433 on: May 08, 2014, 04:15:03 PM »

Giuliani Endorsments

Governor Linda Lingle Mayor Giuliani is the only moderate candidate for President. He's the only candidate that I feel can represent myself and my state in the White House.
- Governor Lingle spends Feb. 9th-10th barnstorming in Hawaii.

Governor Kenny Guinn: Nevada is a diverse state, full of people of different backgrounds, ethnicities, and ideologies. Only Mayor Giuliani has the skills to represent the interests of Nevada in Washington as our President. A vote for Mayor Giuliani is a vote for a better Nevada and a better America.
- Governor Guinn spends Feb. 9th-10th barnstorming in Nevada.

Mrs. Mary Matalin I don't know why most pundits say Mayor Giuliani isn't a conservative. I know the Mayor well and I think he's the perfect blend of Rockefeller Republican and Reaganite to lead our party.
- Mrs. Matalin spends Feb. 9th-10th barnstorming in Wisconsin.

Senator Larry Craig Mayor Giuliani is conservative enough to be our party's leader He's pro-smaller government, he's pro-business, and he's pro-freedom. He is the candidate for Idaho and I'm glad to support him for President.
- Senator Craig spends Feb. 9th-10th barnstorming in Idaho.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #434 on: May 08, 2014, 07:05:45 PM »
« Edited: May 08, 2014, 07:45:38 PM by IDS Legislator Maxwell »

Surrogates List

- Dick Armey barnstorming on the 9th and leading the GOTV on the 10th
- Lindsey Graham barnstroming on the 9th and doing some GOTV on the 10th
- Arthur Ravenel barnstorming on the 9th and fundraising on the 10th
- Tom Coburn barnstorming on the 9th and 10th
- Mary Fallin barnstorming on the 9th and doing some GOTV on the 10th
- Pat Robertson to barnstorm on the 10th

- Jim Ross Lightfoot to barnstorm on the 9th and 10th
- John Snow to barnstorm on the 9th, go back to D.C. on the 10th
- John Engler to barnstorm on the 9th and 10th
- Tommy Thompson to barnstorm on the 9th, fundraise on the 10th

- Pierre DuPont to barnstorm on the 9th and fundraise on the 10th
- Michael Castle to barnstorm on the 9th and 10th
- Pat Buchanan to barnstorm on the 9th and 10th

- Rick Santorum to barnstorm on the 9th and 10th in Connecticut
- Andy Card to barnstorm on the 9th and 10th in Massachussets
- Craig Benson to barnstorm on the 9th and 10th in Vermont
- Bill Kristol to do press apperances on the 9th, barnstorm on the 10th in New York (WHAT, CRAZY!)

Other States

- Bob Goodlatte to barnstorm on the 9th and 10th in Virginia
- Jon Kyl to barnstorm on the 9th and 10th in Nevada
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #435 on: May 08, 2014, 07:42:01 PM »

Surrogates List

- Pete Wilson to barnstorm on the 9th and fundraise on the 10th in California
Uh, I've had Gov. Wilson for a while.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #436 on: May 08, 2014, 07:44:45 PM »

oops my mistake.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #437 on: May 08, 2014, 08:26:02 PM »

Gary Johnson Victory Speech:

I want to thank everyone who came out and supported us today in Maine and Yesterday in Washington and Michigan! They said we couldn't win, but here we are! But it doesn't stop here! I need your help in continuing my fight. We've started this ball rolling, lets not stop now! I'm in this to win it, and we're going all the way to the convention!
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #438 on: May 08, 2014, 08:40:44 PM »

NRA and GOA TV and Radio Ad:
To be played in following states:

Governor Gary Johnson is a champion of the 2nd amendment, and the only candidate that the NRA and GOA can truly support. Gary Johnson's tenure as governor of New Mexico has proved that he will stand for the Constitution, and your 2nd amendment rights. His track record proves that he's no coward when it comes to protecting your ability to protect yourself. He wants you to be able to stand your ground. So come (insert primary day), vote Gary Johnson, the candidate you can trust. (This ad is sponsored by the NRA and GOA).
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #439 on: May 08, 2014, 09:09:30 PM »

Surrogate Schedules (Not including New Surrogates)

Senator Chuck Schumer

February 9

Run for re-election

February 10, 2004

Rally at the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum (With Tom Suozzi)

Recently Senator Biden aired an ad, saying that Senator Clinton "betrayed the trust of the people of New York". Now here's the catch with that ad... Biden isn't airing here in New York, were the people who claim to have been "betrayed" by Senator Clinton live. I'll tell you why Biden won't air that ad here. It's because since 1964 if not earlier carpetbagging, and running for New York offices solely to bulid national stature has become accepted, if not commonplace. Robert Kennedy, was elected Senator here despite living most of life in Massachussets or Washington D.C, and I've heard rumblings that former Massachusetts Governor Willam Weld may run for Governor here in New York in 2006. Our State legislature is regularly ranked as the most corrupt in the country. So, Senator Biden, Hillary Clinton running for President before her initial term is up is the least of New York's worries, and most voters here, no matter what party they are registered with know that.

Attorney General Spitzer

February 9, 2004

Voter Registration/GOTV in Kew Gardens, Queens, New York

Voter Registration/GOTV in Long Island City, Queens, New York

Voter Registration/GOTV in Floral Park, New York (With Tom Suozzi)

February 10, 2004

Speech at Waconah Park, Pittsfield, Massachussetts

Over in neighboring New York, the focus has been on Hillary Clinton's supposed "betrayal" of New York constituents. Now I figure you Massachusetts voters would know about this all too well, being home base for the Kennedy family, which produced many Presidential contenders, in John F. Kennedy, Teddy Kennedy, and Robert F. Kennedy, who apparently got a little lost coming back from his job as Attorney General, and decided to run in my home state of New York instead. The Kennedy family has groomed every one of their elected officials to have Presidential ambitions throughout their career. As logical intelligent voters you know, that by Senator Biden's standards, they never would have able to run for President in today's long election process. They always would have lived in fear voters at home disapproving them, or voters on a National Stage disapproving of the work they did at home. As smart voters, I expect you'll realize, Senator Biden's advertisement will seem incorrect after all you've been through with the Kennedy's  

Senator Harry Reid
February 9, 2004

GOTV in Elko, Nevada

GOTV in Truckee Meadows, Nevada

Fundraiser at The Flamingo Las Vegas (With Performances from Barry Manilow, Barbara Streisand, Sarah Brightman, Andrea Boccelli, Shirley Bassey, Sinead'O'Conner, Hannah Fury, Beverley Craven and Destiny's Child) For Clinton campaign and re-election campaign

February 10, 2004

Run for re-election
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #440 on: May 09, 2014, 02:30:36 AM »
« Edited: May 09, 2014, 03:29:11 AM by badgate »

New Biden Endorsements

February 9, 2004

Opinion: Idaho: Biden is The Leader We Need

by Alan Blinken

-Former Ambassador and 2002 Democratic Senate candidate Blinken endorsed Senator Biden, citing his legislative record, and his promise to raise the minimum wage. Blinken also implored Idaho Democrats to travel to Boise and see him endorse Biden in person, and hear Biden speak on February 11.

Op-Ed: Biden is Right for Utah

by Rep. Jim Matheson

-Congressman Matheson endorsed Senator Biden, citing his legislative record, and his promise to raise the minimum wage. Matheson also implored Utah Democrats to travel to Salt Lake City and see him endorse Biden in person, and hear Biden speak on February 11.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #441 on: May 09, 2014, 06:58:49 AM »

Super Tuesday Polling:

Democrats:

California:
Hillary Clinton: 28%
Joe Biden: 23%
John Edwards: 21%
Dennis Kucinich: 19%
Undecided: 9%

Connecticut:
Hillary Clinton: 26%
Joe Biden: 21%
John Edwards: 21%
Dennis Kucinich: 21%
Undecided: 11%

Georgia:
John Edwards: 31%
Hillary Clinton: 25%
Joe Biden: 19%
Dennis Kucinich: 16%

Maryland:
Joe Biden: 29%
Hillary Clinton: 23%
John Edwards: 20%
Dennis Kucinich: 17%

Massachusetts:
Joe Biden: 27%
Hillary Clinton: 26%
Dennis Kucinich: 20%
Undecided: 7%

Minnesota:
Hillary Clinton: 27%
John Edward: 25%
Joe Biden: 20%
Dennis Kucinich: 20%
Undecided: 8%

New York:
Hillary Clinton: 71%
Joe Biden: 12%
John Edwards: 8%
Dennis Kucinich: 7%
Undecided: 2%

Ohio:
Dennis Kucinich: 23%
John Edwards: 19%

Rhode Island:
Hillary Clinton: 28%
Joe Biden: 24%
Dennis Kucinich: 22%
John Edwards: 17%

Vermont:
Dennis Kucinich: 27%
Hillary Clinton: 24%
John Edwards: 19%
Undecided: 10%

Republicans:

California:
Rudy Giuliani: 34%
George Allen: 33%
Gary Johnson: 20%
Undecided: 12%

Connecticut:
Rudy Giuliani: 45%
George Allen: 32%
Gary Johnson: 15%

Georgia:
George Allen: 46%
Hillary Clinton: 32%
Gary Johnson: 13%

Maryland:
George Allen: 39%
Rudy Giuliani: 32%
Gary Johnson: 19%

Massachusetts:
Rudy Giuliani: 40%
Gary Johnson: 21%
Undecided: 7%

Minnesota:
Gary Johnson: 22%

New York:
Rudy Giuliani: 73%
George Allen: 15%
Gary Johnson: 9%
Undecided: 3%

Ohio:
George Allen: 38%
Rudy Giuliani: 32%
Gary Johnson: 17%
Undecided: 13%

Rhode Island:
Rudy Giuliani 49%
George Allen: 25%
Gary Johnson: 17%

Vermont:
Rudy Giuliani: 39%
Gary Johnson: 30%
George Allen: 25%
Undecided: 6%

National Polling: Democrats
Joe Biden: 24%
Dennis Kucinich: 21%

National Polling: Republicans
George Allen: 36%
Gary Johnson: 24%
Undecided: 6%
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #442 on: May 09, 2014, 10:20:20 AM »

New endorsements for Hillary Clinton

Jim Cooper
Gaylord Entertainment Center, Nashville Tennesee

I had a very difficult decision between Senators Clinton and Edwards. I chose Clinton in the end, because I believe eight years of being the most active first lady in history and three years of serving in the Senate outweighs six years of being a backbencher in the Senate, which is all the political experience John Edwards has.

Ned McWherter
Greenback, Tennessee

I've known Hillary Clinton since she was First Lady of Arkansas, and I've never seen a former first lady of any state, or of the national government, handle herself in the political arena, as well as she has. As much as I've come to like Elizabeth Edwards, she's got nothing on Hillary Clinton.

Douglas Wilder
Richmond Coliseum, Richmond Virginia

Hillary Clinton is the only candidate in either party that blends the old south, with the new realities of today's world. The states she has won so far shows she can build a broad coalition in November, and that's why I'm endorsing her.

Don Beyer
Galax, Virginia

I understand why John Edwards is leading in Tennessee, a Southern State, but I can't wrap my head around how he's doing so well in Virginia, a state where the candidate I'm endorsing today, Senator Clinton is leading... If regional voting patterns taught me anything, Hillary or Biden should be in the lead at the moment, not Edwards, but what do I know, I'm just a former Lieutenant Governor, not a political Scientist.

Anthony "Tony" Earl
Fox Cities Stadium, Appleton Wisconsin

We haven't lost Wisconsin since the Reagan years people! Even Michael Dukakis, who much of the media, and our party regards as one of the worst Presidential candidates we've nominated won here in 1988. Looking at our field this year, I see only one candidate that can keep that streak going, and that candidate is Hillary Clinton. She's the only candidate who took the Bush EPA to task on environmental issues after 9/11, she's one of the few Democrats who supports criminal charges against the leaker or leakers in the Valarie Plame affair, and she's one of the few politicians in either party who wants to return America to the moon, and send us on the road to Mars. I see very little I don't like here.

Barbara Lawton
Miller Park, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

It's more than just the idea of the the highest glass ceiling for the Women of America, being broken that makes me want to endorse Senator Clinton, though I am excited about that possibility... It's the fact that I strongly believe that Senator Clinton is the only Democrat who can win in November. Senator Edwards, was essentially a backbencher for his entire Senate career, Representative Kucinch would get flattened in November, and Senator Biden, I'm not sure he'll ever live his debacle with Neil Kinnock down. Hillary Clinton isn't just the strongest candidate in November she's the only candidate who can win in November.

Dave Obey
Brokaw, Wisconsin

Like Senator Jeffords and Senator Clinton, I once was a Republican. I can't exactly say they drove me out, like Senator Jeffords claims is his story, but what I can say is that as a young man in the 1950's I left the Republican party, because my teachers were being caught up in the Red Scare, and were being falsely accused of being communists. I switched parties and became a Democrat, and that change has stuck to this day, through five years in the State Assembly here in Wisconsin, and almost thirty-five years as a member of Congress. Today we have our own version of the Red Scare, with Republicans, led by President Bush and Vice-President Cheney, branding anyone that does not support their full agenda, as unpatriotic, a terrorist sympathizer, and ruining careers over these issues, much like they did with Valerie Plame. They have passed a PATRIOT act which allows them to spy on anyone they want, when they want. While the idea itself isn't a bad thing-no one denies we need to fight terrorism, the PATRIOT Act as it currently stands is ripe for abuse, and overuse. If elected President, Senator Clinton plans to correct this mess, which is why I am endorsing her. 

Eleanor Holmes Norton
National Archives, Washington D.C

I know Senator Clinton doesn't support Statehood for us here in D.C, no one does. But what she does support, is greater autonomy for the District of Columbia, which would allow us to make our own local laws, provided they don't violate the U.S Constitution, which is generally something we can't even do now. That's an excellent step to get behind, and it's something none of the other candidates are interested in supporting. They just want D.C to be their personal laboratory mice. Well we in Washington D.C won't take it anymore, which is why I'm supporting Hillary Clinton for President!

Gerald Baliles
Vienna, Virginia

Hillary Clinton was the most active first lady since Eleanor Roosevelt, and Bill Clinton will be just the same, and that's what I'm judging all the candidates on, whether everyone contributes to the administrations goals. That has never been an issue with the Clinton's and that is why Hillary Clinton has earned my endorsement.

Neil Abercrombie
Aloha Stadium, Halawa, Hawaii

I know I'm probably going against the rest of the State here, but Hillary Clinton has earned this endorsement. She's been fighting the Republican Party on environmental issues that Hawaiians care about, and she's challenged Republicans on the ethical lapses that have cropped up in recent months. She is the candidate that can win in November 2004, and November 2008, with ease. Hillary Clinton is my candidate, and I hope she'll be your's as well.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #443 on: May 09, 2014, 12:17:48 PM »

Schedule for Bill Clinton

February 9, 2004

GOTV in Mineral Point, Wisconsin

GOTV in Dodgeville, Wisconsin

GOTV in Mount HoreSpeech at the National Mustard Museum. Middleton, Wisconsin

You know a good administration is like a good hot dog. You need strong cabinet members as condiments, and I assure you. that if Hillary Clinton is elected President, she'll bring in the best people possible to be her cabinet.

GOTV in New Castle, Virginia

Visit Arlington National Cemetary

February 10, 2004

GOTV in Huntington, Virginia

GOTV in Richmond, Virginia

Election Night Rally at the Siegel Center, Richmond, Virginia (With Douglas Wilder and Chuck Robb, and Without Hillary Clinton)

badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #444 on: May 09, 2014, 03:05:06 PM »
« Edited: May 09, 2014, 06:03:14 PM by badgate »

Biden Surrogates (Non-Virginia)

Kwame Kilpatrick, Mayor from Detroit

February 9, 2004 Michigan
-Work at City Hall

February 10, 2004 Ohio
-Speech to Black Students Assoc. of Ohio in Cleveland
-Representative for Biden campaign at candidate/surrogate forum in Cleveland

Jim Doyle, Governor from Wisconsin

February 9, 2004 Wisconsin
-7:00am-1:00pm - Work in Madison
-Afternoon - Interview with state media on the state of Democratic primary race; speaking in favor of Sen. Biden
-Evening - Fundraiser for Biden campaign in Madison at Madison Club

February 10, 2004 Wisconsin
-Barnstorming in Janesville
-Representing Biden at Surrogate/Candidate forum in Waukesha
-Barnstorming in New Berlin
-Barnstorming in Brookfield
-Interview with local Milwaukee affiliates on the state of the Democratic primary race; speaking in favor of Sen. Biden

Gary Locke, Governor from Washington

February 9, 2004 Washington & California
-Work at the Capitol in Olympia
-Flight to San Francisco
-Invited Speaker at Biden fundraiser in San Francisco

February 10, 2004 California
-Interview with San Francisco morning shows on the state of the Democratic primary race; speaking in favor of Sen. Biden
-Barnstorming in Chinatown, San Francisco
-Barnstorming in Sacramento

Daniel Inouye, Senator from Hawaii

February 9, 2004 D.C.
-Press Conference with Sen. Biden
-Working in Senate office
-Flight to Hawaii

February 10, 2004 Hawaii
-Barnstorming in Hilo
-Barnstorming in Honolulu
-Fundraiser for Biden in Honolulu
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #445 on: May 09, 2014, 03:27:31 PM »

Gary Johnson Campaign Schedule:

Feb. 9th:
Organizing Ground and GOTV Campaign in following states:

Rally and GOTV in Murfreesboro, TN
Barnstorm and GOTV in Franklin, TN
Town Hall and GOTV in Clarksville, TN

Feb 10th:
Rally in Sacramento, CA
Organize California Volunteers
Town Hall and GOTV in Elk Grove, CA
Barnstorm and GOTV in Lodi, CA
Rally and Campaign Speech in Stockton, CA

Surrogates:

Jesse Ventura:
Feb 9th-10th: Barnstorming and GOTV in Minnesota

Ron Paul:
Feb. 9th-10th: Barnstorming and GOTV in Nevada

Bob Barr and Buddy Roemer:
Feb 9th-10th: Barnstorming and GOTV in Tennessee

William Weld:

Feb. 9th-10th Barnstorming and GOTV in Massachusetts

Larry Pressler and Warren Rudman:

Feb. 9th-10th: Barnstorming and GOTV in Wisconsin

Paul Craig Roberts:

Feb. 9th-10th: Fundraising

Drew Carey and Clint Eastwood:

Feb. 9th-10th: Barnstorming and Fundraising in California

Joe Scarborough:
Feb. 9th-10th: Barnstorming and GOTV in Georgia

Radio and TV Ad to run in the following states:

Experienced, Honest, and ready with the principles that America needs today. A belief in a strong fiscal policy, Gary Johnson is here to balance the federal budget, and curb spending. He's got the track record of governor to prove it too, balancing the budget every year he was governor. On (insert primary day here) go out and vote for the fiscal conservative, vote Gary Johnson. (Approved by Gary Johnson for President)
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #446 on: May 09, 2014, 03:38:30 PM »

ooc: When is Texas?
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #447 on: May 09, 2014, 06:10:42 PM »
« Edited: May 09, 2014, 06:15:34 PM by badgate »

Biden Campaign

February 9, 2004 D.C., Virginia
-12:01am - Red Eye from Washington to D.C.
-8:30am - Introduce SB 802 in the U.S. Senate
-9:00am - Press Conference at Capitol:

with Senators Olympia Snowe (R-ME), Ted Kennedy (D-MA), Mark Warner (D-VA), Maria Cantwell (D-WA), Mark Dayton (D-MN), Arlen Specter (R-PA), Max Baucus (D-MT), Daniel Inouye (D-HI), and Congressmen Ben Chandler (D-KY) and Jim Matheson (D-UT)

Good Morning! This morning, I introduced Senate Bill 802 to Congress. It is a bill to raise the minimum wage to $7.25 an hour. It is no secret that the economy is tenuous as of late, and we must take action in ways that have historically succeeded in strengthening the economy. We have a responsibility to remain vigilant, ensuring a low unemployment rate for years to come.

Myself and my colleagues here with me today have all co-sponsored this legislation and pledged to support it in the Senate. Congressman Matheson will introduce a companion bill into the House of Representatives later today. I am calling on my colleagues to join me, as we have so many times before on so many issues of vital national importance, in support of this bill. And I am calling on Senator Clinton, and Senator Edwards, to cosponsor this bill as well. So far, they have ignored the call to raise the wage. I also invite Congressman Kucinich to ally himself with Representatives Chandler and Matheson in getting this accomplished in the House of Representatives.

Some of you may be skeptical. I understand that. But the numbers are on our side. For every worker in America that receives this raise, they will spend an additional $3,000 over the following year. This raising of the minimum wage will reach millions of Americans, pumping even more money in consumer spending, which we all know is the key factor to new job growth. And with every new job comes a new consumer, putting more money into the economy. This is the cycle of prosperity that our bill will accomplish. (applause)

This is an issue that is too important to wait until after election day politics. That is why I plan on using my experience in the Senate to see to it that this is accomplished. Like the Violence Against Women Act, the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act, my work to stop the spread of "date rape" drugs, and arms control treaties, I have the experience to get this done. And if my colleagues get too mired in the politics to cough up a "yea" vote, I pledge here today that we will raise the minimum wage in my first one-hundred days as President of the United States! (applause)

-10:45am - Rally in Alexandria w/ entire Congressional surrogate entourage, Sen. Warner endorses Biden for President.
-12:00pm - Virginia for Biden multi-bus tour kicks off with barnstorming in Arlington with entire Congressional surrogate entourage.
-12:45pm - Barnstorming and GOTV in Annandale
-1:30pm - Barnstorming and GOTV in Springfield
-2:45pm - Barnstorming and GOTV in Woodbridge
-3:30pm - Barnstorming and GOTV in Dale City
-4:45pm - Barnstorming and GOTV in Fredericksburg
-5:45pm - Barnstorming and GOTV in Milford
-7:00pm – Town Hall in Richmond, VA
-7:30pm - Rally in Richmond with Sen. Mark Warner and Bus #2k

(local affiliates invited to every stop)

-9:00pm - Fundraiser in Richmond with Sens. Warner, Rockefeller, Kennedy, and Baucus, with Mario Cuomo. Performances by Phil Collins. (ooc: because joe seems like a phil collins kind of guy)

Virginia For Biden Multi-Bus Tour Info
Biden's campaign rented three buses for the day to conduct a multi-bus tour of Virginia in support of the campaign. At each stop, volunteers from the town and "bus volunteers" would register new voters. Surrogates were grouped together:

Bus #1: -Biden
-Snowe
-Kennedy
-Cuomo

Bus #2: -Warner
-Cantwell
-Specter
-Baucus

Bus #3: -Rockefeller
-Dayton
-Chandler
-Matheson

Routes for Busses #2 and #3 can be found in the surrogate schedule.
At every stop the message was to spread the word about Biden's promise to raise the minimum wage (and emphasis on the fact the has actually already taken action, unlike his opponents), his profile as the only experienced candidate in the field, and the fact that Clinton, Edwards, and Kucinich had yet to support the bill.

February 10, 2004 Virginia
-6:15am - Pre-taped interview with Morning Show wUSA 9 (Northern Virginia & D.C. & Maryland)
-7:00am - In-person interview with Virginia This Morning (Richmond & Central Virginia)
-7:30am - Conference call with GOTV volunteers and field organizers in NoVA
-7:45am - Conference call with GOTV volunteers and field organizers in Western VA
-8:00am - Conference call with GOTV volunteers and field organizers in South & East Coast VA
-8:15am - Speech & thanking volunteers and field organizers in Richmond
-8:45am - Barnstorming and GOTV in Sandston
-10:00am - Barnstorming and GOTV in Williamsburg
-11:00am - Barnstorming and GOTV in North Newport News
-11:45am - Barnstorming and GOTV in Newport News
-12:45pm - Barnstorming and GOTV in Hampton
-1:45pm - Barnstorming and GOTV in Norfolk
-2:15pm - Pre-taped rush hour radio interview on state-wide radio show
-2:30pm - Barnstorming and GOTV in Portsmouth
-3:15pm - Barnstorming and GOTV in Chesapeake
-3:45pm - Barnstorming and GOTV in South Norfolk
-4:30pm - Barnstorming and GOTV in Northwest
-5:15pm - Barnstorming and GOTV in Norhteast Virginia Beach
-5:45pm - Barnstorming and GOTV in Virginia Beach
-6:30pm - Rally in Virginia Beach

(local affiliates invited to every stop)

TV Ad: The Candidate of Experience

JOE BIDEN (in button down, no tie, sleeves rolled up, light blue shirt with black backdrop): Hello. I'm Senator Joe Biden, the only candidate of experience in this Presidential primary race. In the Senate my work on successful legislation has swept criminals off our neighborhood streets, stopped the spread of "date rape" drugs, and secured arms control treaties with nations like Russia who were once our greatest and most dangerous rivals. Today we are in a dangerous world, and I know you'll see that it is my leadership on the issues of immediate importance to our national security, that I can pull us through. It's time to look forward and finally begin building the twenty-first century America. Together, we can. I'm Joe Biden, and I approve this message [soft, heroic music]

Radio Ad: Constituency of One

WOMAN: When we elected Hillary Clinton to the Senate here in New York, we had high hopes that she would be up to the job. But from day one, she has worked solely for her own promotion. Our tax dollars stopped coming back home. Small businesses and constituent services have fallen by the wayside in her Senate offices. So here in New York, we've been left asking ourselves: can we really trust her to be President of anybody but herself? We didn't vote for Hillary to help her become President; she asked for our trust to represent us in the Senate and then broke it. In this primary, it's become even more clear: Hillary Clinton serves a constituency of one. [somewhat ominous, sad music]

badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #448 on: May 09, 2014, 06:11:52 PM »
« Edited: May 09, 2014, 06:16:15 PM by badgate »

Biden Surrogates (Virginia Only)

February 9, 2004 D.C., Virginia

All surrogates - D.C. Minimum Wage Event

Virginia for Biden Multi-Bus Tour

Bus #2: -Warner
-Cantwell
-Specter
-Baucus

-10:45am - Rally in Alexandria
-12:00pm - Barnstorming and GOTV in Arlington
-12:50pm - Barnstorming and GOTV in Fairfax
-1:40pm - Barnstorming and GOTV in Manassas
-2:50pm - Barnstorming and GOTV in Warrenton
-4:45pm - Barnstorming and GOTV in Charlottesville
-6:15pm - Barnstorming and GOTV in Henrico
-6:45pm - Barnstorming and GOTV in Tuckahoe
-7:30 - Joining Bus #1 for rally in Richmond

Bus #3: -Rockefeller
-Dayton
-Chandler
-Matheson

-10:45am - Rally in Alexandria
-12:20pm - Rally and GOTV in Leesburg
-1:45pm - Barnstorming and GOTV in Winchester
-2:50pm - Barnstorming and GOTV in Strasburg
-4:15pm - Barnstorming and GOTV in Harrisonburg
-5:30pm - Barnstorming and GOTV in Bridgewater
-6:20pm - Barnstorming and GOTV in Staunton
-7:40pm - Barnstorming and GOTV in Lexington
-9:30pm - Thanking volunteers after GOTV phone bank in Lynchburg

At each stop, volunteers from the town and "bus volunteers" would register new voters. At every stop the message was to spread the word about Biden's promise to raise the minimum wage (and emphasis on the fact the has actually already taken action, unlike his opponents), his profile as the only experienced candidate in the field, and the fact that Clinton, Edwards, and Kucinich had yet to support the bill.

February 10, 2004 Virginia

All surrogates from February 9 spread out and barnstorm the following:

-Midlothian, Powhatan, Cumberland, Buckingham, Chester, Petersburg, Dinwiddle, South Hill, Lynchburg, Timelake, Altavista, Dry Fork, Danville, Martinsville, Roanoke, Blacksubrg, Pulaski, Wytheville, McLean, Reston, Sterling, Ashburn, Centrevill, Burke, Alexandria, Arlington.

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #449 on: May 09, 2014, 06:55:24 PM »

Schedule for Hillary Clinton

February 9, 2004

Meet Voters in Babbitt, Minnesota

Interview with Arianna Huffington for The Washington Post, February 11th Edition in Hoyt, Lakes Minnesota

Senator Clinton, Roll Call Magazine did a listing of the most powerful U.S Senators in August of 2003 and you were the second most powerful Senator in either party, behind only Senator, only behind Senator Specter of Pennsylvania. In the same report you were listed as the sixth most powerful person in either House of Congress, behind, Speaker Dennis Hastert, Majority Leader Tom DeLay, the Chair of the House Judiciary Committee, Jim Sesenbrunner, the chair of the House Budget Committee Jim Nussle and Senator Leahy, who happens to be the Ranking Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee. In other words you are already perceived to be more powerful than the leadership of your party in Congress, Nancy Pelosi and Tom Daschle. Why, if this is the case would you want to run for President, an office where you would arguably have less power, at all?

Arianna, there was a story that used go around in Washington, probably still does, that if a Senator looked in a mirror he (or she) would see a President staring at them. I didn't run solely out of ego gratification, I ran because I believe I can do the job.

Which remaining Democrat is your biggest threat?

I'd probably have to say it's Senator Edwards. There's a reason Al Gore endorsed him, and it's not because their both Southerners. Edwards has the potential to win, and win big in November, and certainly would be just as strong a choice as I am. Biden's a great Senator, but that's what he is, a great Senator. Kucinich isn't getting the nomination, it's just not happening.

Which of the remaining Republicans do you ultimately believe will win the nomination?

I'd like to say Giuliani, just because of idea of an All-New York Presidential race, but his positions on social issues don't fit the modern-day Republican Party. It'll probably be Senator Allen, unless Giuliani and Governor Johnson team up to deny him a majority of the delegates, which if Governor Johnson's tenacity is anything like Rep. Kucinich, may just be possible. Then we'd have a brokered convention, where we could see anyone from Don Rumsfeld to John Hoeven as the nominee.

Meet Voters in Brookston, Minnesota

Meet Voters in Aitken, Minnesota

January 10, 2004

GOTV, Piperton, Tennessee

GOTV in Galloway, Virginia

GOTV in Barlett, Tennessee

GOTV, Beale Street, Memphis Tennessee

Election Night Rally, Fedex Forum, Memphis Tennesse
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 66  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length