Are Republicans using the border crisis to lay the groundwork for rejecting results if Biden wins?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 12:54:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Are Republicans using the border crisis to lay the groundwork for rejecting results if Biden wins?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Are Republicans using the border crisis to lay the groundwork for rejecting results if Biden wins?  (Read 157 times)
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 08, 2024, 08:08:58 PM »

I know that Republicans have made immigration an election issue in the past (remember the infamous 2018 "caravans"?), but I just can't help but shake this feeling that they're laying the groundwork to reject the results of the 2024 election, in the event of a Biden victory, by alleging that millions of illegal immigrants voted for him. I know that Republicans have always alleged that illegal immigrants and dead people and people from out-of-state are consistently voting for Democrats but given the extent to which they have rejected the 2020 election results on the basis of mail-in voting conspiracies and the like, I think that this is the natural conclusion based on how they're focusing their political agenda ahead of November.

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2024, 08:48:48 PM »

There is no way Trump can contest the Eday results of Biden wins the EC Count Act already corrected this and as long as Ds control.one H of Congress there is no way for Rs to object them the Eday results

SCOTUS has made it clear if Trump loses the vote they won't overturn Eday

I say stop worrying
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2024, 09:46:48 PM »

There is no way Trump can contest the Eday results of Biden wins the EC Count Act already corrected this and as long as Ds control.one H of Congress there is no way for Rs to object them the Eday results

SCOTUS has made it clear if Trump loses the vote they won't overturn Eday

I say stop worrying

They're not going to lawfully contest the election (unless circumstances come to pass that let them do so within the bounds of the law). If they think they can get away with it, they're going to reject the results on the basis of "Republicans don't like losing" with a thin covering of legal-sounding excuses for their treason.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2024, 10:03:48 PM »

I kind of think Republicans will start moving to a different conspiracy around the election being stolen because this one literally makes no sense. Most of the communities where they claim massive fraud (i.e. south Texas border, immigrant communities in general) are the same places Trump made massive gains in 2020 and often tripled or quadrupled his vote total. If anyone committed fraud (no one did) it would be Republicans who actually saw a surge in votes.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2024, 10:10:06 PM »

I think you’re overthinking it. This is a strategy to win by legal (if deceptive) means, and if that fails, THEN they’ll try to steal it and claim fraud.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2024, 10:21:29 PM »

We haven't actually heard much about it lately. Probably not.

The "best" new method of election subversion is through the House, should they keep it
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2024, 11:22:38 PM »

Maybe, but what state do they control that Biden could win in an election where one state swings it? Georgia maybe? Would Brian Kemp sign on to overturning Georgia's results and replacing the electors in a scenario where Biden wins Georgia and gets to 270, but would have lost to Trump if he hadn't?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies