McCaskill leads Talent by 3% in new Rasmussen Poll
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 12:34:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  McCaskill leads Talent by 3% in new Rasmussen Poll
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: McCaskill leads Talent by 3% in new Rasmussen Poll  (Read 4407 times)
MissCatholic

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2006, 06:27:40 AM »

Dems must keep this seat locaL. NO HILLARY, DEAN, MOVEON! This will be a bonus as i have the dems only picking up two seats at the moment PA and RI. Missouri would be a great win and another female voice in the senate.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2006, 06:53:27 AM »

...i have the dems only picking up two seats at the moment PA and RI.

Dems won’t win Rhode Island; Chafee is a popular incumbent and faces comparatively insubstantial opposition while his poll numbers haven’t been great he still leads his opponents by wide margins and command nearly the entire GOP base (if you can give it such a grand name in RI?) as well as a healthy slice of Democrats and most independents.

Democratic prospects in PA are very good, though the race will tighten as it intensifies.. beyond PA the Dems best chances are probably Montana where Burns is much weaker than the polls have suggested but is still favoured to win and Mississippi should Lott retire and Dem Mike Moore run.       

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2006, 07:24:24 AM »

Dems won’t win Rhode Island; Chafee is a popular incumbent...
... beyond PA the Dems best chances are probably Montana where Burns is much weaker than the polls have suggested but is still favoured to win and Mississippi should Lott retire and Dem Mike Moore run.       

Missouri is a better prospect than Rhode Island.  Talent is simply not personally popular.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2006, 07:28:24 AM »

... beyond PA the Dems best chances are probably Montana where Burns is much weaker than the polls have suggested but is still favoured to win and Mississippi should Lott retire and Dem Mike Moore run.       

Missouri is a better prospect than Rhode Island.  Talent is simply not personally popular.

Talent has a positive approval rating.  A decent one, too.  Not a great one, especially for a member of the Senate.  It is actually McCaskill being popular, rather than Talent being unpopular.

Still, McCaskill is doing better than she should be, considering.
Blank Slate
Rookie

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2006, 09:54:09 AM »
« Edited: January 07, 2006, 10:09:56 AM by Blank Slate »

Talent has a positive approval rating.  A decent one, too.  Not a great one, especially for a member of the Senate.  It is actually McCaskill being popular, rather than Talent being unpopular.

Still, McCaskill is doing better than she should be, considering.

I really hate when someone ends a sentence with a dangling participle.

What I mean is, now I'm left wondering, from the post I'm responding to, and especially in terms of McCaskill's popularity vs. Talent's popularity or perhaps not so popularity and even on issues between the two candidates or even historic trends in Missouri -- from the last sentence:

considering ... what exactly?

This is somewhat why I'm not enamored of much of politics in these latter days (especially since about the end of the 1970's to today), and many politicians -- yes, even our current occupant of the White House, is this inability to finish sentences or the lack of regard to the English language or any language (even if it was Martian or Klingon or Pig Latin).   This shows a big dose of laziness, and let's find the easy way out of debating issues or ideas by not completing sentences (W.'s father did this to).  And it's really annoying and quite lacking the ability to make a logical argument.  But, oh well, what am I talking about, the majority of people in the U.S. in and out of government seem to be lacking this ability -- because of course I live here in Georgia where it's quite common.  Of course if someone from Washington state is doing this as well, maybe it's not just isolated to Georgia?  (UGH!!!)   Now, I'm not a teacher, especially an English or mathemetics (the two classes that logic should be taught in) teacher, and I'm not even employed right now (and maybe the reason why I'm not employed right now, even though I'm looking really hard to find a job, as Steve Miller wrote back in the 1970's), maybe just maybe this is the reason why I can't find a job, because I don't know how to speak or write without completing sentences!  But this inability to do so, both with our politicians, government leaders and others, shows me how obvious it is that there is a lack of good English classes these days or how literally stupid it is for schools in the latter day (at least since the beginning of this decade) to be teaching to the tests (because it's apparent to me this is the dumbing down of our nation, at it's worst).     
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2006, 10:20:50 PM »

Or you can jsut think for a bit and take a wild guess that he is referring to the previous statements.

And, for the record, teachers have been teaching for the test for centuries.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2006, 10:44:25 PM »
« Edited: January 07, 2006, 10:49:33 PM by Alcon »

Blank Slate, I wrote that at 4:30 AM.  Besides, I'm a tenth grader, and I like to think that my grammatical syntax is pretty good...considering.  Wink

My point was that McCaskill's approval ratings may be high, but she is doing exceptionally well against a decently popular incumbent in a Republican-leaning state.  That is not a typical scenario at all.  I thought that was pretty clear from the beginning of the post (Talent being popular), but - again - it was 4:30 AM.  Coherency rarely survives beyond a quarter past one.

I'm sorry I so epitomise the degredation of the English language.  By the way - I'd watch the comma splices when you are correcting someone else's grammar.  Wink
Sarnstrom
sarnstrom54014

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2006, 12:09:29 AM »

Research 2000 poll, January 16-18, likely voters, MoE ± 3.5%:

McCaskill (D): 47%
Talent (R): 44%

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/missouristatenews/story/5CF7A2C7E89E20F6862570FD000A7F6F?OpenDocument
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2006, 12:46:20 AM »

I wondered whether Research 2000 dropped off the face of the planet.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2006, 01:05:29 AM »

Any poll from 2000 is outdated.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2006, 01:53:50 AM »

Any poll from 2000 is outdated.

Yeah, they really do need to change their company name to something more...current.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2006, 02:47:19 AM »

I thought Rasmussen was no good because he had Steele doing well?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2006, 03:29:44 AM »

I thought Rasmussen was no good because he had Steele doing well?

This topic was posted on the 3rd.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2006, 07:55:58 PM »

from what a gather, talent is the best missouri can do.  remember carnahan?  she wasnt fit to a receptionist, much less a senator.

i support talent.  im not crazy about bond though.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2006, 07:14:30 AM »

from what a gather, talent is the best missouri can do.  remember carnahan?  she wasnt fit to a receptionist, much less a senator.

How do the individual's 'qualifications' matter in this job, WalterMitty?  As long as she votes the same way as the other Democrats, I couldn't care less how smart or knowledgeable she is (heck look at Bush!).

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Talent is worse than Bond - more right-wing, and more of a religious.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies