Hillary will now roll out the "must seat Forida and Michigan" card
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:04:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Hillary will now roll out the "must seat Forida and Michigan" card
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Hillary will now roll out the "must seat Forida and Michigan" card  (Read 942 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2008, 06:30:29 PM »

Florida and Michigan were offered to revote, like Delaware had to in 1996. If they don't want to revote, that's their own problem. They broke the rules, not the DNC or Obama.

Of course all of this is irrelevant if either Clinton is ahead among actual pledged delegates, or if Obama leads by more than the difference of Michigan and Florida. Michigan is especially a problem, are those "uncommitted" non-existant delegates going to vote for Obama?

Presuming that the DNC actually had the authority to make the rule, I actually agree with you on the procedure.  This, however, is politics and it becomes a good argument for saying that the super delegates can vote, for Clinton, even if she doesn't have the popular vote.  That is the trap I'm talking about.  Basically to clearly win Obama has not not only come in first with the elected delegates, but he has to come in first either with the super delegates being counted or with FL and MI being counted.  His victory standard is a bit higher.

(Don't blame me; I didn't write the rules.)
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies