Trump speaks with the President of Taiwan, risking rift with China (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 07:49:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump speaks with the President of Taiwan, risking rift with China (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump speaks with the President of Taiwan, risking rift with China  (Read 4807 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« on: December 02, 2016, 06:27:18 PM »
« edited: December 02, 2016, 06:34:28 PM by Santander »

Very brave for Trump to stand up and do the right thing unlike all the cowards before him (even if it is out of complete ignorance)
Yeah. Unwittingly, he's just made one of the greatest US foreign policy achievements of the past 50 years.

Taiwan is a top issue for me (up there with life and Israel), and this just makes me so happy.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 08:18:25 PM »

Yeah. Unwittingly, he's just made one of the greatest US foreign policy achievements of the past 50 years.

You don't have any qualms with the president of the united states unwittingly implementing foreign policy? That doesn't bother at you at all? How long do you think that kind of bumbling leadership is going to pay dividends for America?
Trump's open hostility towards China was one of my primary reasons for supporting him, so I was kind of hoping this would happen. I know I will not be happy with everything he does as President, but I pray for him and hope that he surrounds himself with good people who can help him deliver "victories" for America to restore our self-esteem just like Ronald Reagan did in the 1980s.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 12:08:34 PM »

Why do people care about insulting China, an evil, subhuman country which needs to be put back in its place? Western leaders have let the panda out of the box and watched idly as it sh**ts all over our faces. What are they going to do? Start a trade war? Start a real war? The Chinese government would lose all of their fragile legitimacy fast if they did either of those.

Even if they did, since when is it right to choose security or wealth over doing what is right? If America is not willing to sacrifice security or wealth to do what is right, then it is not even an idea or a nation worth preserving. Decades of our leaders bowing down to the savages in Beijing have not only let down the 23 million freedom-loving people of Taiwan, but they have let us down because our policy on China falls well short of the standards America should be setting for itself. If America leads, the world will follow.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies