Trumpcare Megathread: It's dead (for now) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 12:00:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trumpcare Megathread: It's dead (for now) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trumpcare Megathread: It's dead (for now)  (Read 173675 times)
Cashew
United States

« on: March 14, 2017, 01:06:46 AM »

Oh look, right on cue:

"They should abolish the Congressional Budget Office. It is corrupt. It is dishonest."
-Newt Gingrich

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/323811-gingrich-corrupt-cbo-should-be-abolished

This kind of damage is irreversible. At least we can count on Paul Ryan to stick up for the agencies right?
Cashew
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 03:45:10 PM »
« Edited: March 14, 2017, 04:00:29 PM by Cashew »

By giving the GOP the Senate, presidency, and House, the American electorate voted for a repeal and replacement of Obamacare. Ryan's bill ain't it.

You just said the opposite of the truth. The American people voted to keep Obamacare by a 3-million-vote margin.

Yeah the buffonery we have seen since the election is nowhere near as irritating as this " we speak for the American people" falsehood. The only was such a statement can make sense is if you only consider whites "True Americans".
Cashew
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 03:28:38 PM »

... Awaiting cosmetic changes for Collins to support...
Cashew
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 03:12:41 PM »

Murkowski voting No is actually a horrible sign for this bill's health, given Rand Paul's repeated statements that he won't vote Yes on passage of anything except clean repeal. People are calling this way too early.

So then you have Murkowski, Collins and Paul safe Nays? Plus McCain at the moment? A certain defeat at the floor. So much for the winning. (but I don't want to celebrate before it's done).

Paul has said he wants a vote on clean repeal... but hasn't said what he'll do after that. Will most likely vote for it, and then go on about how he 'forced a vote to repeal all of obamacare' etc

That's my assumption too, he just want to have a full repeal vote so he can say "I tried" and then fall in line.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 01:57:49 PM »

Trump has officially given up:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Beautiful -as soon as a law is passed by this Congress (and signed by this President) stabilizing Obamacare and sets it on a path toward it truly 'bending the cost curve', then we will know this law has gained a status on par with Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid.  

It's not truly a fix unless it strips all power from Republican governors to sabotage the law.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 04:05:02 PM »

Rand Paul is all bark, not bite

I think he folds like a cheap suit.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 06:21:30 PM »
« Edited: September 20, 2017, 06:50:54 PM by Cashew »

I don't think that most of the GOP senators are pure evil, they just honestly don't know how many thousands of lives have directly been saved by the ACA. If it hasn't directly impacted a friend or family member, and you automatically distrust anything Democrats say about it, how would you ever learn what a godsend it's been to millions?

That a supposed "representative" like Rob Portman only flip flopped on gay marriage because of his son is pretty contemptible as well, but then again "compassion for me, but not for thee" seems to be an integral part of american "conservative" psychology.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies