A gay Chancellor? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 06:13:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  A gay Chancellor? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Would electing a homosexual Chancellor bring Germany into bad international repute?
of course
not quite, but he'll have a rough ride
depends on the Chancellor
not at all
there is no telling yet
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: A gay Chancellor?  (Read 9070 times)
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« on: September 17, 2011, 11:41:26 AM »
« edited: September 17, 2011, 11:44:39 AM by Swedish Cheese »

I don't think he'd have much of a problem. As someone pointed out, Westerwelle hasn't had any problems right. And Iceland already has a lesbian Prime Minister.   

That being said for the sake of us gays good reputation everywhere I hope the first gay chancellor isn't a crappy Berlin communist.

Also as someone pointed out polls two years before an election does not mean anything. Otherwise Margret Thatcher would have been a one-term Prime Minister, Kevin Rudd would have won a decisive victory in the 2010 Australian election, Olof Palme would have been rejected by the Swedish voters for a fourth time in 1985, and our current PM would be named Mona Sahlin. And even if the left were to win the next German election, not too long ago the Greens were at SPD's heels for largest left-wing party. That trend might very well return.

EDIT: I'm guessing Franzl would immigrate if that happened. He hates Wowereit with a burning passion. Tongue (It's alright, you'd always be welcome in Sweden Franz)
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 02:34:08 AM »

Anyway, I'd like to remind our new poster that Germany is not Oklahoma. Get it?

What do I need to express regret for, Texecutioner?
For having been born in Oklahoma? Or for my parents having moved back to Germany?

Oh don't mind Kalwejt. He's a nice guy, he just has a complex because his country (Poland) was pwned by so many other places in history he needs to find his own place to pick on to compensate. Tongue And he might be confusing you with our other forum Oklahoma Democrat.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies