Democratic Iowa Caucus results thread (entrance poll @8pm ET) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 04:32:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic Iowa Caucus results thread (entrance poll @8pm ET) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democratic Iowa Caucus results thread (entrance poll @8pm ET)  (Read 61983 times)
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« on: February 01, 2016, 06:04:18 PM »

The CNN website is reporting that Hillary already has 3 delegates 2 hours before the caucuses even begins.  I presume these are part of the 8 super delegates?

EDIT:  She does have 388 super delegates already, but none from Iowa.  Confusing.

My count, along with most others, have her with 3 from Iowa.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 01:11:47 AM »

Are there exact precinct results available anywhere?  Or will there be?
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 01:23:57 AM »

Are there exact precinct results available anywhere?  Or will there be?

https://www.idpcaucuses.com/#/state

Click on a county to get a precinct-level result map of that county.

It's just a percentage in each precinct.  This isn't the most useful, though I may be able to reverse engineer some results with some effort.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 02:37:25 AM »

Having dug into the results by CD, it seems that Clinton wins CD 3 convincingly (54-46), winning one of the two actually contested delegates in the state.  The remaining one will depend on the statewide winner.

Pledged Delegate count out of Iowa: Clinton 22 - Sanders 21 - Too Close to Call 1
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 02:43:55 AM »

How many delegates are still left to allocate?

State or national delegates?

Unrelated: anyone know where to find the results of the tele-caucus and any satellite caucuses?  I guess I can figure it out by subtracting all the county results, but it would be a good cross-check to have the results independently.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 02:52:02 AM »

O'Malley may be out of the race, but he did elect some number of delegates to the County Conventions. His supporters could still play a role, and even get a delegate or two elected to the State Convention.

He did not hit 15% in any county, but came close in two: Crawford and Monroe.  Each gets an odd number of delegates to the State Convention (5 and 3, respectively), so it may be in the trailing candidate's interest to help O'Malley hit viability in each of these counties.  This may even occur in other counties with just a handful of O'Malley delegates, or alternatively the few O'Malley delegates may make a difference in the ultimate allocation.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 01:03:40 PM »
« Edited: February 02, 2016, 01:05:37 PM by Erc »

According to the link on uselectionatlas It seems the raw votes are

Clinton     69,631
Sanders   69,319
O'Malley       758

So Clinton wins by around 300 votes.

These are the State Delegate Equivalent numbers multiplied by 100.  Not raw vote totals in any way, shape, or form.

Note that means each county's vote totals should sum up to a multiple of 100 (modulo rounding errors).  This is not the case in Kossuth, Hancock, or Fremont counties, where some results must have just been irretrievably lost.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2016, 04:13:40 PM »

Democrats have full results by precinct available here.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2016, 07:51:26 PM »

State delegates per county

You should be able to combine these two to produce a projection of actual state delegates. These should be totaled by congressional district since most national delegates are allocated at that level.

Thanks for this!  This checks out with the totals I'd been able to reverse-engineer from the results, despite the 4-odd missing precincts around the state.

In the process of coming up with a firm projection of State Delegates, which I'll post in my thread later.  It won't be exact, due to the possibility of tactical voting and/or the few O'Malley and Uncommitted delegates holding the balance of power in a few counties.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies