Walmart Giving All Employees a Raise to $10/Hour (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:11:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Walmart Giving All Employees a Raise to $10/Hour (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Walmart Giving All Employees a Raise to $10/Hour  (Read 8543 times)
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: February 26, 2015, 10:51:52 PM »

Ugh.  Not enough.  The min. wage should be $15 at the least but all we are going to hear is "praise Money-Jesus the invisible hand has saved us all again!"

I didn't know you hated small businesses.

I didn't know your grasp of economics was that...well...loose.

Small businesses can't afford such a high wage without damaging themselves, and everything would also become more expensive as more money means higher prices.

The ratio of what small businesses make in profit to what their number of employees is does not drastically differ from the ratio of what corporations make in profit to what their number of employees is. Also notice how the city of Seattle has not descended into the depths of hell since raising their minimum wage to $15/hr. If you want empirical evidence, there's plenty of it to be had, but don't give me talking points about how small businesses can't handle the "burden" of paying people enough for them to live.

Besides, it's more incentive to be employed if you get paid more, and more incentive equates to more applications, more employees, and more money generated.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies