Calvinism vs Arminianism (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 11:42:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Calvinism vs Arminianism (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Arminianism

Calvinism

Neither

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 14

Author Topic: Calvinism vs Arminianism  (Read 1041 times)
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: June 04, 2014, 11:28:22 PM »

My thought tends to fall in line with Arminianism. I can't really say I agree with Calvinism much at all, especially there being an "elect" as opposed to God's grace available to anyone and everyone willing to accept. God desires all to be saved, not a predetermined group I was curious what the thoughts of the others here were.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 04:18:36 PM »

John Wesley is one of my biggest influences in terms of Christian theology.  Take a guess.

DC and Mung Beans are Presbyterians, so yes, that would be their church's doctrine.

I know that, but I needed some insight simply because given Presbyterianism is the 'state church' of Scotland in circles where it dominates (not that you can say it still does here) I've came across more of a variance within it.
Hasn't Calvinism always been the dominant thought in Scotland since the Reformation? (Among those still religious there.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies