USAToday/Gallup: Romney breaks 50 against Obama, Santorum trails by 1 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 03:15:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  USAToday/Gallup: Romney breaks 50 against Obama, Santorum trails by 1 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: USAToday/Gallup: Romney breaks 50 against Obama, Santorum trails by 1  (Read 5395 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: February 20, 2012, 07:23:09 PM »

At this rate the entire first page of threads here will consist of 'outliers, outliers, outliers!'.

Well, you explain why this should be the case, genius.

It is an outlier, since no other polls show anything like this happening. That's the definition.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 02:19:27 PM »

If gas does go up to seven or eight bucks a gallon it might be possible to get some sort of actual change in the way life is lived in this country that will make things better in this world, but then again even after what's considered 'normal' has more than doubled it hasn't happened yet.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 04:11:24 PM »
« Edited: February 21, 2012, 04:14:28 PM by Nathan »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The formation of Massachusettstan?

I'd be all for that...

One thing that Texas and New England have in common is that both people inside them and people outside them can get pretty gung-ho about the idea of them not being part of the United States any more.

Though that wasn't what I was thinking of. My assumption was that we could actually maybe focus on finding some way to meet our energy needs that did not emit putrid smoke or at least emitted it in less immense quantities, not that it would lead to some sort of Mad Max-style balkanization. Call me a dreamer.

I'd certainly rather not prejudice your ability to get to El Paso or Beaumont, but I'd like for there to be a way for you to get to El Paso or Beaumont that doesn't poison the area between you and El Paso or Beaumont. I think we all want this unless we have perverse incentives not too, we just all have different ideas about how to attain it.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 05:30:48 PM »

Synthetic gas generated by nuclear plants would be a fabulous idea, and it's certainly possible to make gas-powered automobiles much, much more efficient--indeed, good work in this is already being done. Synthetic gas would also have the advantage of being exactly as American-made as we needed or wanted it to be. Of course, I'd support inter-city rail lines as well, because I live in a pretty rural area (there are rural areas in Massachusetts!) and I know how annoying that can be. I'm lucky the buses in my particular little area are decent.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 12:48:25 AM »

How can Obama suddenly trail Romney after the economy started improving?
Less focus on Romney maybe?

Once he surges back then I expect Obama to start leading again, and Santorum's too out of the mainstream on social issues to be elected.

Yeah. Romney's 'Generic R' right now.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies