Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 11:43:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Are you missing Update right now?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again  (Read 189518 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: June 12, 2014, 08:46:01 AM »

Again, if someone keeps posting your FB info here after you've warned them not to, just de-friend them.

QFT.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 10:14:08 AM »

let's talk about the non-existent cadd certificate...

What's the point of asking him about this? I don't think there's any doubt what happened, and there's no benefit to needling him on it.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 03:27:55 PM »

let's talk about the non-existent cadd certificate...

What's the point of asking him about this? I don't think there's any doubt what happened, and there's no benefit to needling him on it.

Do you buy this?  (yes or no is fine.  Smiley  )

As I said, there's no doubt about what happened. I think that's pretty clear. Smiley
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 03:31:09 PM »

Do you refuse to believe me when I say I finished the course, plain and simple?

In some sense of the word "finished" which means you ended your involvement in the course, sure.

In the sense of "completed successfully and will be recognized as a graduate," which you'd like people to infer from your statement, that would be hard to square with everything else you've shared.

Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 03:49:49 PM »
« Edited: July 03, 2014, 03:51:53 PM by Gravis Marketing »

You all just won't believe anything I tell you, so why do I even bother?

A good question. Why do you bother trying to convince everyone here, if you know it's not going to be successful? Ok, let's stipulate that everyone here is treating you unfairly for no reason and refuses to believe you are 100% truthful in what you say. If that's true, why do you keep trying to make people here change their behavior and start believing you? If we've learned one thing from the Update, it's that compelling people to change their behavior over the Internet is not feasible. Stop wasting your time on people who won't take you at your word, and focus on your real friends in Oklahoma. None of us matter!
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 10:02:38 AM »

He's never going to change. We all know that.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 08:17:34 AM »

...as an excuse to continue acting in ways that you know are wrong and that you have the power of will to avoid.

Forgive me, I am not well-versed in the theology here. Are you referring to the "power of will" as a theological or a psychological concept?
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 12:30:16 PM »

Why not both?  I'm the kind that believes that God grants people free will, including the freedom not to believe.  Bushie doesn't believe in free will.  He thinks it's God's will to order the bacon cheesburger instead of the double cheesburger, or when he loses his job or doesn't get selected, it was God's will for him not to have that job.  I find that thought process rather revolting.....I hope God's not mad I chose to make chicken salad for lunch instead of tuna, or under the Bushie Doctrine, God guided me to his choice.

I suppose I'm separating them because I don't have an opinion on a religious concept of free will and couldn't judge it, but I do have a view of it as a basic concept of behavior. I'm in good shape and track my eating and even then I see how powerless my brain can become if there's some treat within reach. I can tell myself not to eat it, but I'll still reach out and take it. I imagine the challenge is even worse for our friend and I don't know how to frame the idea of free will to be meaningful for him.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2014, 11:25:24 AM »

All things considered, things are about to get fun at work.  Outbound is tough, but it's doable even for my personality type.  It's not a job I'll have forever, but it can last me until I get a CAD job.  I will start looking when I get home tomorrow night.  I just don't have to rush and worry.  I'm not desperate.  I am going to do all I can to keep this job until I start the new one.

How many sales have you made?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies