Would You End A Friendship or Refused To Be Friends Over Political Views?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 12:44:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Would You End A Friendship or Refused To Be Friends Over Political Views?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Would You End A Friendship or Refused To Be Friends Over Political Views?  (Read 1110 times)
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2013, 01:20:33 PM »

Not unless it was something really terrible.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2013, 02:37:46 PM »

Only if it affected personal interaction & the like. Otherwise would be idiotic & automatically cuts one off from a good chunk of the population.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2013, 02:42:27 PM »

Only if it affected personal interaction & the like. Otherwise would be idiotic & automatically cuts one off from a good chunk of the population.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2013, 04:24:31 PM »

I unfriended a guy on facebook because of the non stop Ron Paul, yellow avatar-esque comments. It was cluttering up my newsfeed.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2013, 04:28:45 PM »

No, but I find conservative women more attractive in general, so it can affect perceptions before you get to know somebody. I have a very good friend who is very liberal, and she is among my favorite people to talk to because she is extremely intelligent. I wouldn't end our philosophical conversations over disagreements (though she said something that made me cringe on Friday).

Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2013, 04:52:17 PM »

No, but I find conservative women more attractive in general

...?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2013, 05:00:44 PM »

Trust me on this one. I have never seen so many classy, beautiful, college aged women then I did at the Americans for Prosperity Summit. Young conservative women generally seem nicer, and I am more at ease. My social anxiety (which is extremely intense) disappears at these types of events.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2013, 05:01:40 PM »

I've never dated a conservative girl. Maybe that's my problem!
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2013, 05:02:48 PM »

I live in urban Canada and would have voted for Mitt Romney if I was American. If I picked my friends based on political ideology, I wouldn't have any. Tongue
Kung Fu Kenny
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2013, 05:38:42 PM »

Trust me on this one. I have never seen so many classy, beautiful, college aged women then I did at the Americans for Prosperity Summit. Young conservative women generally seem nicer, and I am more at ease. My social anxiety (which is extremely intense) disappears at these types of events.

They're also harder to get and don't know how to do anything sexually.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2013, 07:57:01 PM »

No, because most conservative girls I know are not stuck up and haughty. They don't use their bodies and sexuality as a bargaining chip in the relationship. I have yet to have sex with anyone, but I would imagine that personal politics doesn't really extend to sexual performance.
Kung Fu Kenny
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2013, 08:08:24 PM »

Conservatives are generally Christian or some denomination of Christian. Christian girls are generally innocent. Genuine innocence does not translate well sexually.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2013, 09:44:15 PM »

Blue avatars are well-represented on my buddy list; I'm pretty open-minded about friendships with people of different viewpoints.

Some issues I feel more strongly about than others, but I wouldn't even necessarily refuse friendship with someone opposed gay marriage.  If they were willing to be friends with me even if they knew that I was gay, then no problem (as long they aren't being friends just to convert me to straight). 
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2013, 09:50:50 PM »

I avoid befriending people who are loud about their political views regardless of what those views are.

No, because most conservative girls I know are not stuck up and haughty. They don't use their bodies and sexuality as a bargaining chip in the relationship. I have yet to have sex with anyone, but I would imagine that personal politics doesn't really extend to sexual performance.

FTR, I find liberals girls to be rather boorish. Definitely prefer conservative girls, especially those with good home making skills.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2013, 11:35:56 PM »

Of course not.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2013, 11:44:47 PM »

FTR, I find liberals girls to be rather boorish. Definitely prefer conservative girls, especially those with good home making skills.

lol

I find this entire chain of conversation really hilarious. I've always posted one butthurt dweller meme tonight and don't really wanna do another, but it'd be a perfect opportunity Tongue
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies