Barack Obama (D-IL) vs. Newt Gingrich (R-GA) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 02:02:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Barack Obama (D-IL) vs. Newt Gingrich (R-GA) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Barack Obama (D-IL) vs. Newt Gingrich (R-GA)  (Read 7603 times)
porker
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -2.26, S: -7.22

« on: November 14, 2011, 05:24:23 PM »

Dude, that's what I said. It's Newt personal style to go big risk/big reward. There are different ways of looking at this (and not just about politics, the inverse relationship between risk and reward is true about everything in life). Newt's just a risky kind of guy. Some people are like that. And he'll justify that by saying that he wants to be the next FDR or Nixon or whatever electorally. And I'm sure he does too. And that strategy could upset the more stable modern dynamic.  At the same time, he still would be a clear underdog (as would any anti-Romeny), so it further serves him well to play the high risk/high reward or fail game. That would actually make a great angle for him during the primaries if he can get that point across in a tactful way.
However, I think you're way off base if you don't think he wants to be President if he can't get to be FDR too. Something is better than nothing. Even for the pompous type A, better to be Dwight Eisenhower than Adlai Stevenson. Better to be a has been than a never was. Guarantee you he'd rather be Ike.

Sorry then I thought that you meant that Newt is going high risk because *he* sees himself as an underdog...that isn't his reason. If instead that is you just pointing that out because *you* see Newt as a clear underdog than never mind on my response.

In regards to Newt settling for being just president(LOL) well of course. But watching Newt I don't think he would let off the high risk stuff even if he found himself 10% up in the polls. He's going to keep on doing it and doing it and doing it until the election day because he is 100% focused on being the next Washington, Jefferson, Jackson, Lincoln, TR, FDR, or Reagan. He wont "settle for just president"(again LOL) until the day of the election. He wants infamy! To be like one of the guys he's spent so much of his life studying and reading about.

You can't say the guy isn't aiming high I'll tell you that much!

Can you post links of Gingrich talking about his capaign electoral strategy?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies