Balance of Power (Sign Up/Rules/Commentary Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 10:04:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Balance of Power (Sign Up/Rules/Commentary Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Balance of Power (Sign Up/Rules/Commentary Thread)  (Read 30363 times)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« on: April 11, 2014, 12:07:58 PM »

It doesn't make much sense to me either... but I am not included in the alliance so I do not know what their plans are
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 03:54:01 PM »

Great job, Lumine- really enjoying this...
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 10:44:43 AM »

Welcome
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 01:44:15 PM »

I agree- Lumine and windjammer are doing a great Job!
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 09:25:13 PM »

Dammit! Couldn't have waited?HuhHuh? :-P
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 08:08:23 PM »

Did the US already get the Danish Virgin Islands or is the US player more interested in a frozen wasteland than a tropical paradise?
Haven't gotten those yet....
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2014, 01:45:36 AM »

Oh, for a hour of Washington in these dark times!  It was bad enough when McKinley sought to crucify our farmers and laborers upon a cross of gold, but now he seeks to crucify our young men upon a cross of steel.  And as if that were not cruel enough, he does not seek to do so because of any puffed-up insult to our great republic, but seeks to embroil us in a foreign war in the service of foreign princes and potentates!  Shall we meekly accept the vinegary wine of foreign submission that McKinley proffers us upon a soaked sponge as King, Kaiser, Kaliph, and Mikado cast lots for our cloak?  I say no and I devoutly pray that our Congress denies our war-mongering Princeling the Declaration of War he seeks!

Speech from House Speaker Joseph Cannon

Our stature in the world is not merely a matter of pride... becoming a global leader brings us prosperity as well. Our prosperity in large part comes from our alliances... the USA must honor her alliances or other nations will see no value in our treaties, since we would have broken our word. If attacks against not just one- but THREE- of our allies go without a response- that is a direct attack on our national power and it would ruin our credibility and prestige

It also ensures that our allies will come to our aid if we are attacked- with the circumstances in which Russia initiated aggression against our allies they easily could have done so to us....We would expect our allies to come to our aid and it would ensure our security.

Now is NOT the time for this unpatriotic attitude... how dare the good gentleman blame our President for initiating our current conflict. How dare the gentleman not spend his time on the national stage praying for our troops and our nation? How dare that man promote conspiracies and incite hate against our nation in this time of war?
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2014, 02:17:57 PM »

Oh, for a hour of Washington in these dark times!  It was bad enough when McKinley sought to crucify our farmers and laborers upon a cross of gold, but now he seeks to crucify our young men upon a cross of steel.  And as if that were not cruel enough, he does not seek to do so because of any puffed-up insult to our great republic, but seeks to embroil us in a foreign war in the service of foreign princes and potentates!  Shall we meekly accept the vinegary wine of foreign submission that McKinley proffers us upon a soaked sponge as King, Kaiser, Kaliph, and Mikado cast lots for our cloak?  I say no and I devoutly pray that our Congress denies our war-mongering Princeling the Declaration of War he seeks!

Speech from House Speaker Joseph Cannon

Our stature in the world is not merely a matter of pride... becoming a global leader brings us prosperity as well. Our prosperity in large part comes from our alliances... the USA must honor her alliances or other nations will see no value in our treaties, since we would have broken our word. If attacks against not just one- but THREE- of our allies go without a response- that is a direct attack on our national power and it would ruin our credibility and prestige

It also ensures that our allies will come to our aid if we are attacked- with the circumstances in which Russia initiated aggression against our allies they easily could have done so to us....We would expect our allies to come to our aid and it would ensure our security.

Now is NOT the time for this unpatriotic attitude... how dare the good gentleman blame our President for initiating our current conflict. How dare the gentleman not spend his time on the national stage praying for our troops and our nation? How dare that man promote conspiracies and incite hate against our nation in this time of war?

I do pray for our troops and our nation.  I pray that they be saved from bloodthirsty tyrants who care more for the ephemeral vainglory of this world than for the eternal glory of the God of love and righteousness.
That is why we are opposing Russia!
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2014, 11:15:49 PM »

It looks like Prince William now has two Kaisers to kowtow to since the Hapsburgs have joined the war.  I do hope he doesn't embarrass America too much by confusing Franz Ferdinand with Wilhelm.  I wonder if our pugilistic prince has decided who he'll be selling Greenland to once he gets it from Denmark.  At least when he does he won't be betraying those who fought with us by selling them off like an old-fashioned slave dealer. The selling will be the same, but the Eskimaux of Greenland haven't fought beside us as the Filipinos did.  Or maybe our posh potentate wants to buy all that snow and ice for himself.  It would be far better if he made made plans to retire as the Graf of Greenland than for him to break yet another of Washington's maxims and seek a third term.  Alas, I suspect Prince William will once again disregard the wise advice of the Father of Our Republic, just as he ignored that of keeping us free from entangling foreign alliances.

What may seem an attempt at humor by the good gentleman is actually an unpatriotic and destructive attempt at policy. Our alliances with other major powers of the world have enriched the American people and enhanced our national prestige. A threat to this alliance is a threat to our entire country. The good gentleman would rather me lay down and refuse to help our other partners of the world? What would that have said about the American people... that we allow our friends to be trampled on. I say to the world- there is no better friend and no worse enemy then the United States of America! We stand firm and defend our friends....and let this prove that if it should ever befall on us to defend our homeland, the might of the American nation shall break loose and wreak destruction on whoever may challenge us!

I have hesitated to use the word thus far.... but the good gentleman is bordering on treason! During this time of national crisis, the gentleman aims to foster division and discord. He seeks to plunge our nation again in a war among ourselves!!! I fought in the Civil War and I do not want our nation divided again!!! Let us use this time to come together and show the world what the UNITED States of America can do!!!!!
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2014, 11:34:07 AM »

Clearly Prince William sees everything through the lens of war if he thinks I would ever advocate the cartridge box as preferable to the ballot box as the means to dethrone him.  He needs a new optometrist or at least new spectacles.

Less than a decade ago, Uncle Sam and Columbia were living in a shining city upon a hill, a example to the world of how people from all the diverse nations of the world could come together in amity and cooperation to build a better society free from the scourge of war and militarism.  While Prince William has caused Uncle Sam to tumble down that hill, I hope that come the 1904 election we break Prince William's crown and help Uncle Sam begin the trek back up that glorious hill rather than allow Prince William to cause noble Columbia to come tumbling after Uncle Sam in the next war his reckless militarism will inevitably lead our country into.
Perhaps the gentleman wishes we pretend we are in the 18th century rather then the 20th? A nation cannot thrive if she does not engage the world. My predecessor oversaw the Panic of 1893 and it seems his party wishes to enact policies to ensure a new, disastrous depression this century!

Does the gentleman not realize that if we allow Russian aggression against our friends- then it is only a few years before the Russian Navy bombards our coasts! I see the USA as a shining city on a hill......that is why I want our nation to be among the leading nations of the world. This gentleman wishes we curl up into a ball and cover our ears and act as though there is no world beyond our shores. He would be in good company with the flat earth crowd who thought Columbus would sail off the edge of the world!
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2014, 11:55:39 AM »

We see that the decision to drag America into foreign conflicts it has no business in has attracted opposition within Mr. McKinley's own country. Perhaps it is time for him to negotiate out of this before his party collapses in the coming election?

Support for this war against the Russian menace is strong at home... voices opposed to the war are in a minority and most Americans are appalled at their lack of patriotism in this time of national crisis. With Russia surrounded by nearly every other major world power- its economy will soon collapse and its military will soon be decimated.... at that point, how long does the Tsar have???
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2014, 03:17:43 PM »

I would rather have us engage the world with a open hand offered in friendship than a closed hand striking out at random.

And that is why I have led our nation into alliances with the majority of the other world powers, good sir! Friendship is forced in times of crisis.... and this is a time when we stand by our friends! And with our friends by our side- we will triumph!
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2014, 03:27:31 PM »

YEA!!!
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2014, 08:02:51 PM »

And now the gentleman accuses me of adultery! How DARE you good sir! This attack is unbecoming of the civil discourse we must have as a nation. I urge all Americans to disregard this agent of chaos and focus on our impending victory alongside our friends and the rewards this victory will reap for our nation
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2014, 09:50:39 PM »

I urge all Americans to disregard this agent of chaos and focus on our impending victory alongside our friends and the rewards this victory will reap for our nation

Rewards?  Does that mean you plan to annex the other side of the Bering Strait?  Or are our "friends" going to gift pieces of silver upon you for our treasury as a reward betraying the Prince of Peace much as another received silver.  I do hope that if this is the case, you get more than thirty considering the blood and treasure you have caused us to expend in this war.  If you are expecting gratitude from them, then you clearly have paid no need to history.  The potentates of this world have seldom shown a sense of honor or gratitude when doing so would impede them from taking what they want.  I hope that it may yet be a good while before they prove yet again the virtue of the advice concerning placing your trust in princes that Machiavelli penned some centuries ago.  I fear that we shall be the next target of their thirst for blood and plunder.
The United States of America has never been stronger then we are today.... we are showcasing our Navy as we join our friends in opposing a brutal regime. The diplomatic successes we have had have kept us far more safe then even our military successes. You watch- you will see
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2014, 05:29:55 PM »

Woo....Hoo!!!
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2014, 02:01:24 PM »

Hope you feel better.... it is not easy to stare at a screen for so long
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2014, 12:34:29 AM »

I see Mr. Bryan has taken to rambling in his cell...
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2014, 11:16:25 PM »

If a nation decided to attack us and threaten our homeland- would we not want our allies fighting to their last man to save our souls? To expect much behavior, we must exhibit it ourselves....being a good ally has proven very beneficial for us and will continue to do so. Diplomacy occurs- why isolate ourselves from it? Perhaps the gentleman does not realize that the world is united against the Russian menace....our policymakers are not alone in assessing the threat
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2014, 12:45:52 AM »

I order the Senator to be seized by the Bureau of Investigation to be investigated for slander and treason
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2014, 09:44:53 PM »

I order the immediate execution of Secretary Hay

JK!!!
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2014, 03:06:47 PM »

I would like to commend the gentleman- with whom I have had multiple disagreements- for using his return to the Senate floor not to talk but to act... his legislation is an acceptable compromise to me and I urge my Republican majorities in both houses of Congress to pass this swiftly so I may sign it
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2014, 01:34:49 PM »
« Edited: May 12, 2014, 01:37:07 PM by President William McKinley »

The Senator is as usual being shortsighted... we do not need to reap immediate tangible benefits if the benefits will show themselves over the next several decades. By standing firm with our allies- we prove ourselves to be a nation to be reckoned with. Our alliances make us safer. The Tsar did indeed offer the Commander Islands which I chose no to accept....I felt that accepting a territorial prize would distract from the purpose of the war, which was to stand with our allies. If another great conflict arises- and I pray it does not!- my successor at the time will understand why I did what I did
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2014, 10:07:25 PM »

This says it all

CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2014, 10:56:00 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3