If the only choice was Gary Johnson/Bill Weld versus Jill Stein/Ajamu Baraka... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:10:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  If the only choice was Gary Johnson/Bill Weld versus Jill Stein/Ajamu Baraka... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: If the only choices was Gary Johnson/Bill Weld versus Jill Stein/Ajamu Baraka...
You'd vote for Johnson/Weld

You'd vote for Stein/Baraka

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 107

Author Topic: If the only choice was Gary Johnson/Bill Weld versus Jill Stein/Ajamu Baraka...  (Read 4273 times)
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: August 11, 2016, 09:55:05 PM »
« edited: August 11, 2016, 09:58:32 PM by Blue3 »

If the only choice was Gary Johnson/Bill Weld versus Jill Stein/Ajamu Baraka... which ticket would you vote for? Please explain why.

Note, this is NOT "generic Libertarian" versus "generic Green." These are the actual tickets in 2016. Who would you rather have as President, as commander-in-chief?

Even though I'm probably closer to the Greens ideologically, and I disagree with Johnson's economic/budget proposals...

the Johnson/Weld ticket is experienced and competent, two former popular 2-term governors, and I mostly agree with their other non-economic/budget policies (and hope Congress would check them on their economic policies, from shifting to a national sales tax only to cutting too much in the realm of regulations and spending/entitlements).

Stein/Baraka, on the other hand, don't seem nearly as qualified or competent. Fearmongering, ignorance, negativity, shameless pandering, conspiracy theories, etc. Maybe not as bad as Trump, but close.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 07:28:53 PM »

Definitely Johnson.

Surprised so many people are saying Stein is insane, particularly Democrats. What is different about her from Sanders that makes her insane and him not?
Someone hasn't been keeping up with Jill Stein and her "ban WiFi for those under 18," vaccine-doubting lunacy and her visits to Putin and her running mate's conspiracy theories. Her fierce, unexplained flip-flopping on big issues. And of course her general inexperience.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 11:13:21 PM »

Johnson/Weld, of course. These are pretty much mainstream American politicians.

LOL, no.  I'm voting for the guy, but libertarianism is, almost by definition, not mainstream.

neither are especially authentic libertarians, especially Bill Weld.
What does this even mean?
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 12:30:37 AM »

I got that.

It's good that they're not on the fringe.

But how are they not "authentic" libertarians?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies