The amazing rise of the angry little doctor. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:25:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  The amazing rise of the angry little doctor. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The amazing rise of the angry little doctor.  (Read 18508 times)
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« on: November 27, 2003, 07:40:11 AM »
« edited: November 27, 2003, 08:11:43 AM by Michael Zeigermann »

I agree the split is a tragedy, but I believe this is the fault of the current French government, which has dirty interests in the Arab World, is notoriously anti-American and anti-Semitic (not just anti-Israeli), and currently leading a drive for an EU constitution that would decrease its responsiveness to democracy.

See what I mean? You just claim things without really backing them up. I'm sorry, but calling the government of another free world country 'anti-American and anti-Semitic' is a pretty harsh thing to say.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that France's motives on Iraq or the EU constitution are altruistic in some way. Heck, I'm not that naive. But you're simply using extremes to prove a point.

And that's generally one problem I have with the neocons: you oversimplify complex geopolitical situations. You regard anyone who disagrees with Bush is anti-American. You regard anyone who disagrees with Ariel Sharon as anti-Semitic. Objectivity doesn't seem to enter the equation there.

Of course you can feel free to prove me wrong, but I'm yet to be convinced that you can distinguish between patriotism and nationalism.

Anyway, have a nice day. Happy Thanksgiving!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies