Clinton leaves 9/11 memorial early due to 'overheating' - Update: diagnosed with pneumonia (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 07:28:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton leaves 9/11 memorial early due to 'overheating' - Update: diagnosed with pneumonia (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clinton leaves 9/11 memorial early due to 'overheating' - Update: diagnosed with pneumonia  (Read 32109 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« on: September 11, 2016, 10:06:33 AM »

Even if she did have to leave, this is probably being blown way out of proportion, since I'm mainly just getting results from Fox and Breitbart on Google.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 10:28:43 AM »

I'll admit that the optics here are awful, but seriously guys, these are not grounds for disqualification. For God's sake, this election has reminded me in an awful way just how close-minded people are, and will cling to any belief of theirs, no matter what.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 11:58:33 AM »

Hillary might have health issues, therefore lets elect a tyrannical xenophobic madman.

Pretty much this. F*** this election.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 12:10:51 PM »

Holy sh**t, the polarization on this forum is getting bad. Why are so many red avatars mad that this thread even exists? Can't report anything that could be negative about her? There's an automatic dismissal and then a turn of subject to Trump. And (some) blue avatars shouldn't be acting like medical consultants either. Jeez.

Making a thread about this and reporting on it isn't unreasonable. People jumping to the conclusion that this alone disqualifies her is what I'm reacting to. I've argued that Trump is unqualified before, but if something similar happened to Trump, I wouldn't say that this is particular made him unqualified.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 02:20:57 PM »

Good to hear that it wasn't anything serious. 

^ the proper response, regardless of political affiliation. Kudos to you.

As if you and every other red avatar on this forum wouldn't be calling for Trump to drop out of the race had this happened to him.

I wouldn't call for Trump to drop out of the race because of something like this.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 04:25:26 PM »

Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2016, 06:58:26 PM »

So, either Hillary stays home and recovers from her illness and gets slandered for disregarding the 9/11 victims, or she puts up and goes to the memorial and is criticized for... being sick.

God.  This is why I don't watch the news.

You got it.

Or she could've just chosen not to be sick. Clearly, there's something sketchy here because she chose to become sick. She's hiding something! /s

Or, better yet, she should have predicted this exact thing would happen at this exact time a year and a half ago, and decided not to run, even as she was facing enormous pressure from the Democratic Party to run. How selfish of her.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2016, 07:03:40 PM »

I have to disagree with many posters here. If Clinton is replaced, it would take a miracle for Trump not to win. Republicans would take the idea that "Democrats trusted a dying woman who lied about her health!" and milk it non-stop. Also, whoever took her place would have to scramble to introduce themselves to the American public, and face voters who don't want to trust a party that suddenly switched nominees in September. The optics would be abysmal, and the election would probably end up being a trainwreck. We should hope Hillary recovers quickly, and doesn't overdo it in the next two months.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2016, 11:45:07 PM »

It'll probably be mere background noise in a couple of days, but until then, I'm ready for a break from this board.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies