The liberal hysteria over Trump is nearly unprecedented (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 10:13:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  The liberal hysteria over Trump is nearly unprecedented (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The liberal hysteria over Trump is nearly unprecedented  (Read 2737 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« on: September 24, 2016, 08:38:15 PM »

While we've had semi-fictional characters run for President before, we've never had one who was so completely fake. That he's a bona-fide evil dictator wanna-be who is obviously insane and grossly incompetent only makes it all worse.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 09:04:25 PM »

The hysteria in the media is nowhere near what it should be. Why has every single interviewer been a complete doormat for Trump? Why will they not expose him? Because they are afraid of being considered biased. It of course gets them nowhere, as people that consider polling rigged are going to see bias whenever they come into contact with reality.

Nope. The media are doormats for TrumpMiller because they care much more about money (and the rating that create it) than they do about the public good or their own responsibilities as "journalists".

"Hillary Clinton is running against a delusional TV character who no one should vote for, ever," is a only story for a week before everyone comes to terms with her winning in November and gets on with their lives. If mainstream American media today were covering an election between FDR and (1943)Hitler, they'd throw Hitler softballs (and give equal 5-minute spots to Holocaust victims and deniers) while spending thousands of man-hours focusing on FDR's polio (and how he concealed it from the public).

If there's one lesson I've really had driven home by this cycle, it's that the media are worse than TrumpMiller.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 11:56:15 PM »

The media has been too kind to Trump. They treat him as if he is some sort of serious candidate - not the dangerous buffoon that he is. But what can you expect from such a vapid and supercilious group. "Journalists," especially the cable tv variety, really are to blame for this catastrophe. The whole lot of them are either too dumb - or at the least too self important - to do any real informing.

But he WAS and IS a serious candidate.  In what measure is he not?  Money?  A following?  Name recognition?  Experience in management at the highest levels? 

He's a fictional television character. He's no more rich than Tony Stark is, and has less following than Katy Perry (who would make a far better President). His experience is as an actor and salesman. His ventures into management have been disastrous. Jimmy Carter was a better business executive than than Donald Trump's actor can ever dream of being.

How ethical would it be if the media had just ignored Trump?  There has long been a call for an outsider and a businessman to run for President and Trump filled the bill.  Is it the MEDIA'S job to "weed out" candidates?  Is it the media that determines that a candidate is "serious"? 

Yes. That is precisely their job. When a lying bigoted lunatic runs for President, it is their job to point out that he is a despicable insane con-artist.

Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 11:11:44 PM »

Throughout the 1930s numerous people were foretelling exactly what would happen later.

I saw that musical drama as well.  I think Liza Minnelli was in it.  Excellent soundtrack.

That is exactly what I meant. Everybody is deaf.

I truly do hear you. It's driving me mad. The people who will look at Trump's willful ignorance, predilection for violence, think skin, and utter disregard for anyone or anything but his own diseased and bloated ego, and say "Yeah, but..." and then follow up with their chosen pathetic excuse.

those people.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies