Was Sherman March to the Sea Justified (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 08:12:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Was Sherman March to the Sea Justified (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Vote
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: Was Sherman March to the Sea Justified  (Read 749 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: May 25, 2015, 04:18:41 PM »

The Revolution was more justified than the Civil War and World War II? Really? I mean, it's not that I've never heard that position before--certain types of libertarians seem very fond of it--but it's always rubbed me the wrong way.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 09:43:53 PM »

The Revolution was more justified than the Civil War and World War II? Really? I mean, it's not that I've never heard that position before--certain types of libertarians seem very fond of it--but it's always rubbed me the wrong way.
I mean, it's justified unless you think not being able to be represented in your own system of government is a good thing. All things considered, WW2 was still a foreign war where the US had some role in butting into Japan, and the Civil War was partly the fault of the North as well, for ignoring the slavery issue for too long.

I find it strange that people think WW2 was justified but the American Revolution wasn't.

I'm considerably less interested in the legal mechanics of what business a country has in becoming involved in a war than I am in the moral standing of what the respective sides are actually doing or would do if allowed. Also I never said the Revolution was unjustified.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies