Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 04:25:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign  (Read 114663 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2017, 09:48:33 PM »

I just saw a girl on Tinder who is from Norway and working in America as an au-pair. She wasn't bad looking but her bio contained the words "ethno-nationalist" in it so I swiped left like I always do to obvious collectivists (up until this year I've actually desired and preferred a liberal/leftist girlfriend, but things are too tense right now).

I've seen a lot of bios that read "down with late capitalism!" but never an otherwise seemingly normal Neo-Nazi on there. Also there was like a 45 year old woman on there pretending to be 22. That was pretty funny.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2017, 05:43:16 PM »

Accidentally told familysearch I'm my own grandma.
There's a good Willie Nelson song I have to recommend.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2017, 07:52:54 PM »

Seeing Al Franken in an hour for a book talk, anyone got a good question I should ask?
Tell him "wood 'n hay 'kin burn 'real easy." He'll know what it means Tongue
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2017, 08:19:07 PM »

I got the chance to ask a question. Jake Tapper had just asked him about 2020, and he flat out said No, not going to do it, and I believed him. I panicked a bit since there were a lot of people, so I asked whether he would support a Medicare for All plan if a Democrat won in 2020. He responded positively about supporting a single payer solution.

Great choice for a question, and great answer from him. Congrats! Smiley

Ayy it got picked up:

https://twitter.com/ddiamond/status/872244917195722752

You must be logged in to read this quote.

He's awesome.
I'm begrudgingly a Franken fan. My friend ran the campaign against him in 2014 during the period McFadden led in the polls (when he left, the campaign plummeted) but other than that, Franken is increasingly becoming one of my favorite opposition figures.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2017, 08:24:27 PM »

My dad made a pretty big deal today.....now I can literally say we've never had it so good Tongue

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2017, 11:01:52 AM »

me, I'm halfway through high school.
That just means that the worst is behind you.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2017, 05:31:25 PM »

Apparently if you own a Toyota and live in a generally secluded neighborhood, not even locking your doors will save you from burglary.

Woke up a few days ago to find all my doors were opened, and all the trunks in the neighborhood open too.

The SOB stole $10 in cash and most of my snacks. Not my camera [which I left in out of absent-mindedness], not my tools, not my spare tire, my freaking snacks and cash.

Must've been a college student.

Most of these types of random "car prowling" incidents are typically either High School kids looking for spare change, or your local neighborhood "tweaker" or "crackhead" that are a bit addled in the mind and looking for a few extra bucks in cash, and no idea how to flip potentially valuable items for $$$.

Actually, in my experience sometimes it is better to leave your car doors unlocked, since it might save you from the costs of replacing a smashed window, especially if you have nothing of value in your car.

Sorry about what happened, but hey at least it didn't you set you back real money, just some parking meter fees and a few snacks.... Better than $150 for a new car window at least. Smiley
Probably a combination of the two-my brother had some sketchy friends in High School who liked to "car hop" in the wealthier parts of Boca Raton. My brother went along once but bolted when the car alarm went off. I'm happy to say that, despite all of the other things he did that were sh**tty thanks to heroin, that he at least never stole from anyone else....aside from me of course.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2017, 04:56:51 PM »

I'm leaving Florida for the first time in five years tonight to visit my brother in North Carolina.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2017, 01:46:50 AM »

I was supposed to leave 'Flarda for the first time in five years tonight, but our flight was delayed six hours and the next flight isn't until 6:00 PM tomorrow, which is too late for me to go. I was looking forward to seeing my brother for the first time since January.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2017, 10:01:50 PM »

I was supposed to leave 'Flarda for the first time in five years tonight, but our flight was delayed six hours and the next flight isn't until 6:00 PM tomorrow, which is too late for me to go. I was looking forward to seeing my brother for the first time since January.

My parents flew out of Miami 2 days ago for Germany and they were delayed for like 10 hours. I guess it just rains non-stop in Florida now
We've had little rain here in Palm Beach County, but I'm returning to Tally tomorrow in preparation for the cyclone that is about to hit.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2017, 11:05:27 PM »

That totally sucks.... Sad

Airlines are becoming increasing crap these days, with overbooking and all that....

Ever considering riding the 'dawg?

Takes a bit more time, but is cheaper and more reliable if you can take an extra days off work next time round....

Done it quite a few times myself back in the days in the West Coast, Midwest, and even in the SouthEast.... It's actually kinda fun and you have more room compared to flying, for what is a relatively "Short Haul" trip....

I have a car, so I could theoretically drive,  but my parents wanted to fly and I wasn't one to complain. I may just do that on my next attempt.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2017, 11:36:16 PM »

I have decided I am going to run for the Florida House of Representatives!

Really? In the future, or you mean next year?

Yes.
Better run under the RPOF than against the RPOF if I were you. They are one hell of a machine to go up against.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2017, 11:27:30 PM »

I don't know about anybody else, but my platonic ideal of hot weather is drinking water from a glass that's at least half ice cubes, wearing a short-sleeved shirt with an open collar, sitting in front of a box fan with "The Girl from Ipanema" playing softly from another room. If I'm going to have to suffer through ninety-five-degree heat for a few days each year, I might as well do it in a way that has a defined aesthetic sensibility.
Move to Flarda, buy a cracker house with a screened in porch, and rent me a room. That sounds.....awesome. With a hammock on the porch. Shinks.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2017, 09:39:52 PM »

I got all A's this year, so I'm pretty happy!
Ditto for me last semester, but I'm starting again on Tuesday and I'm not looking forward to it.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2017, 06:53:13 PM »

I started reading Bridge over San Luis Rey today. The most engrossing book I've read since The Fountainhead. I'm already a third of the way finished.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2017, 11:38:26 PM »

After a grueling and at times scary drive through seven hours of inclement weather, I made it home to see my five and three year old cousins for the first time in a while. Last time I saw them, my engine blew on the drive home so hopefully that won't happen again.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2017, 09:21:56 PM »

Neighbors are being annoying, for the last 2 days they have been launching fireworks from 8 pm to 11:30 pm
Same here, but for like a week now.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2017, 09:48:13 PM »
« Edited: July 13, 2017, 09:52:57 PM by We're never gonna have it so good! »

Anyone ever wonder when was the last time Jimmy and Rosylynn Carter did the do? I'm guessing 1991.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2017, 09:06:53 AM »

Anyone ever wonder when was the last time Jimmy and Rosylynn Carter did the do? I'm guessing 1991.

Yes, right before Jimmy moved on to your mom.
I guess Billy being my real uncle explains a lot.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2017, 07:00:05 PM »

Went on a date this morning. We went to the shooting range and he brought his ar-15 and glock. When I told him surprise me with something interesting, that was not quite what I had in mind but was pretty fun nonetheless, and I actually HIT the targets! Tongue
So second date or no date for Florida Man?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2017, 11:50:08 AM »

Hi all.  Just checking in.  I'll be moving to the Netherlands permanently in early August.  Snagged a job at Leiden University's Philosophy Institute.  Looking forward to a new life there.
Congratulations!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2017, 04:39:42 PM »

Thanks guys.  Leiden is pretty nice. Going to rent a small house for the first year there.  Also just 12 minutes from the Hague by train, 25 minutes from Amsterdam and about 30-40 minutes from Utrecht; nice location. 
Rotterdam aside that's basically every Dutch city I know Tongue
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2017, 01:41:28 PM »

Good stuff!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2017, 02:57:40 PM »

I had a pretty chill conversation with Randy Bryce (Iron Stache) and Jeff Weaver today. Nice people.
How'd that happen?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2017, 08:35:33 PM »

Where are you??
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length