The political polarization of religious and non-religious people in America (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 04:29:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  The political polarization of religious and non-religious people in America (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The political polarization of religious and non-religious people in America  (Read 1177 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« on: February 11, 2013, 02:04:05 PM »

BRTD, is that the church that schedules its services based upon the area code it's in?
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 02:13:52 PM »

BRTD, is that the church that schedules its services based upon the area code it's in?

Yes. If a church here did that they'd start at 6:12PM, which is actually a nice kind of quirky touch.

You say quirky, I say pretentious and difficult to schedule around. (It is, admittedly, quirky as well as those things.) Then again the fact that they have services in the evening at all is a blessing to those of us who, er, really aren't what you'd call morning people, shall we say.
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 02:59:09 PM »
« Edited: February 11, 2013, 03:00:44 PM by Nathan »

Yes. If a church here did that they'd start at 6:12PM, which is actually a nice kind of quirky touch.

You say quirky, I say pretentious and difficult to schedule around. (It is, admittedly, quirky as well as those things.) Then again the fact that they have services in the evening at all is a blessing to those of us who, er, really aren't what you'd call morning people, shall we say.

It's not uncommon around here for churches to offer both a late morning and an early evening service.  However, if you can't make an 11AM or so morning service, that suggests you need to not stay up so late.  I say that not as a party-pooper, but because it's a bad idea to have a sleep schedule that is wildly different on the weekend from the weekdays.

It's more that the buses in my area are horrible on the weekends and don't start running until halfway through the 10.30 services, and so I have to walk or bike--which is sometimes troublesome in the winter months. I stay up late pretty much every night because I'm a university senior and don't have morning classes, and the weekends are when I do most of my homework.

I am however going to an 8 am Ash Wednesday service (the noon and 4 pm ones would cut into classes, in one of which I have to deliver a presentation, and I'm going to be working on a team project at the time that I'd have to get going to the 7 pm), and as such will be going to sleep as early as I can manage tonight and tomorrow.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies