Thailand: Migrant Workers Face Killings, Extortion, Labor Rights Abuses (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:47:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Thailand: Migrant Workers Face Killings, Extortion, Labor Rights Abuses (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Thailand: Migrant Workers Face Killings, Extortion, Labor Rights Abuses  (Read 837 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: February 25, 2010, 01:18:01 PM »

You fellows are absolutely mad if you think this isn't also the way illegals are treated in the US.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 02:43:04 PM »

Police in American shoot men dead and then take turns raping his wife if they are illegals?  With nothing to come of it?  I know it's pointless, but cite?

Cite?  How can you cite what happens secretly - by definition it is not flaunted openly.  But you really think that police don't rape and kill poors, and particularly 'illegal' poors, with impunity?  
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 04:47:52 AM »

Yes, I truly believe they don't but I'm not surprised at all that you do.  But out of curiosity, what lead you to this conclusion?

I know of no mechanism to stop it, and I think there are lots of police who would enjoy these sorts of behaviors, so yes, I think it is likely to occur at times.  Of course there is always some risk of exposure, so its not happening every day.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 05:46:20 AM »

I have no way of knowing, deadman, if the police are more or less abusive in the US or Thailand.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 02:08:34 PM »

That's not what you said in your post here, but ok.

I said one would have to be naive to believe that this doesn't occur in the US. 
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 12:22:01 PM »

You said "treated the same".  You, I and everybody else knows what you implied.  It is ok to admit when wrong.  In fact, it makes you a better man.

Ah, I see,  you thought I meant they were treated in exactly the same way, every time.  Interesting, but obviously not what I meant.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies