AF Primaries: Illinois Primary (Deadline Monday 11th 6pm EST)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 03:20:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  AF Primaries: Illinois Primary (Deadline Monday 11th 6pm EST)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 35
Author Topic: AF Primaries: Illinois Primary (Deadline Monday 11th 6pm EST)  (Read 133575 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: September 14, 2006, 01:41:29 PM »

Any preliminary polls etc?

Ie...matchup polls or which candidate do you think is best on issue x,y,z polls?

I'll see what I can do, but don't all hold your breaths.  You might just have to fly blind for the time being.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #176 on: September 14, 2006, 01:48:44 PM »

this stage Joe, (I'm not clear from the instructions...I am dead tired and near illiterate)...I must work solely in Iowa...correct?

No campaign events in New Hampshire or anywhere else...verdad?

Third, you talked about regional bonuses...could you define regions for us...Indiana and Iowa are both Midwestern states...do I get a bonus? is my bonus (if it exists) as large as Ernest's?

(Any chance we could, eventually, see some sort of what states get bonuses where map/table?)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #177 on: September 14, 2006, 02:58:54 PM »

Question about the hours- are the 60 hours between Iowa and New Hampshire RL hours, or game hours? Do we get 60 hours to campaign between the time Iowa ends and the time the New Hampshire begins?

Does the 2000 hours have to last us the whole game, or is that just to use up to Iowa?
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #178 on: September 14, 2006, 03:25:17 PM »

Alright, I'm going to have to re-read this a few times...
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #179 on: September 14, 2006, 03:51:14 PM »

this stage Joe, (I'm not clear from the instructions...I am dead tired and near illiterate)...I must work solely in Iowa...correct?

No campaign events in New Hampshire or anywhere else...verdad?

No, just in Iowa for now.  The thing to remember is that although we're using time just like we're using money, it is still time.  That means that if you decide to stop spending time in Iowa in this stage, it effectively means that you're now spending time in New Hampshire or elsewhere.  Does that make sense?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Again, I'll see what I can do.  I'll try and work on later today.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #180 on: September 14, 2006, 04:02:35 PM »

is there a set time for when campaigning for one state stops and campaigning for another begins? (after a certain time you say stop and everyone who's done any campaigning has to take their energies to other states?)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #181 on: September 14, 2006, 04:17:30 PM »

is there a set time for when campaigning for one state stops and campaigning for another begins? (after a certain time you say stop and everyone who's done any campaigning has to take their energies to other states?)

No, just submit your campaign for Iowa only, and then I'll write up the results.  Then the next stage will be New Hampshire, which will work the same way as this stage.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #182 on: September 14, 2006, 04:38:52 PM »

When is Iowa's caucus over?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #183 on: September 14, 2006, 04:45:39 PM »

As soon as everybody's campaigns have been posted.  But if we're waiting unreasonably long for one or two candidates, I'll just close it.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #184 on: September 14, 2006, 04:47:36 PM »

My brain hurts Sad

Seriously, I'll post my itinery for the Iowa campaign tomorrow, I'll just have to think about it first!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #185 on: September 14, 2006, 05:20:40 PM »

No problem.  I realise that it's a lot to take in all at once, so seriously, all of you take your time.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #186 on: September 14, 2006, 06:48:11 PM »

I understand it perfectly, so nhyah.

BTW, there isn't any way for non-players to influence the game any more? Maybe something to do with debates? Or local endorsements (ie, when someone endorses someone else, they give them a boost in that person's state?)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #187 on: September 14, 2006, 06:54:02 PM »

BTW, there isn't any way for non-players to influence the game any more? Maybe something to do with debates?

Stay tuned.
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

« Reply #188 on: September 14, 2006, 07:02:34 PM »

10 hours fundraising please.  Show my face in Iowa, pick up some cash.

Does the content of our speech have an effect?  Or can we just say "abortion speech".
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #189 on: September 14, 2006, 07:03:19 PM »

Do we have to do everything all in one go, or can we break things into several posts?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #190 on: September 14, 2006, 07:09:39 PM »

10 hours fundraising please.  Show my face in Iowa, pick up some cash.

You've earned $53,060 and have 1,990 campaign hours remaining.

Yes, the content will have an effect.  But remember, it's quality, not quantity that counts.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #191 on: September 14, 2006, 07:10:17 PM »

Do we have to do everything all in one go, or can we break things into several posts?

It's up to you; either way is fine.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #192 on: September 14, 2006, 07:22:54 PM »

1. I would like to spend 1,000 hours on fundraising.

2. I would like L2 campaign organization.

3. Speeches will be posted shortly.

4. 990 hours of general campaigning.

5. One $250,000 ad in Iowa.

Is that good?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #193 on: September 14, 2006, 07:30:59 PM »

1. I would like to spend 1,000 hours on fundraising.

That earns you $5,012,050.

No problem, that'll cost $1,000,000.

Okay.

Fine, but you'll need to post the ad itself too. Wink
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #194 on: September 14, 2006, 07:32:17 PM »

I will be posting sometime on friday...at the latest...so please don't freak if I'm the last one...which I probably wont be
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #195 on: September 14, 2006, 07:34:28 PM »

I'll try and get something up this weekend. My schedule is a bit hectic tonight and tomorrow with school stuff.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #196 on: September 14, 2006, 07:35:37 PM »

No problem guys.  There's no rush. Cool
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #197 on: September 14, 2006, 07:47:33 PM »
« Edited: September 14, 2006, 07:51:54 PM by Justice Colin Wixted »

Speech 1:

My fellow Americans, we are at a crossroads in this new century. The country has been plagued by high debt and a constant unwillingness by Congress to restrain spending. I am here today to tell you that I will try and change that. I am here and I am running for President so I can, during my term in office, reduce the debt and gives us a stable and balanced budget. I will use my position in the Presidency to help curb unnecessary spending, earmarks, and pork barrel projects. Balancing the budget should be a national priority not just for the economic benefits it would give us but also because the more we stay in debt the more of our government and our money is bought up by outside parties, by countries like China and Japan, so that now a majority of the government debt is owned by foreigners. Under a Wixted presidency this would change as it should have changed long ago.

Speech 2:

America is under fire. Under fire in Iraq, under fire in Afghanistan, and under fire by an emerging nuclear presence in Iran. I supported the Iraq conflict, I backed the President whole heartedly at the beginning of this conflict but as it has evolved into a deeper vortex of violence I believe that the current plans have not changed accordingly. Our military command and our leaders now seem stuck in a rut that they cannot escape. We must change our plans and change our strategy. We must have objectives in Iraq that are built upon a foundations of fact and realityand that evolve to meet the ever changing situation within that nation. We must reinforce our commitment to President Karzai in Afghanistan and with our allies in Europe. We must band together with the other western democracies; we can no longer act as a lone gun in a fractured world. We must face down Iran on the diplomatic field not on the military one and we must, as a nation, face the reality of the long struggle ahead. The War on Terrorism may not be pretty nor will it be all victories but we must continue the fight to preserve our nation against those who seek to destroy us.

Speech 3:

Moderate has become a bad word in modern America. There was a time when great presidents of the past, whether they were Republican or Democrat, proudly wore the label of a principaled moderate. Today it seems as if those same proud moderates are shunned by their party. Most of you that I am speaking to probably disagree with me on some issues, heck I'm sure all of you have some problem with some of my positions, but I can sure as hell tell you that a moderate is what this nations needs today. In this time of partisan bickering and constant warfare between different sides of the arguement isn't it best to try to bring this country together instead of seperate it further? Our current President wanted to be a "uniter not a divider" and I wish he and the others in Washington had payed attention to that message. What we need in Washington is a uniter, what we need in Washington is a strong leader, what wee need in Washington is someone who can bring both sides together and come up with solutions that are good for America and acceptable to all. The parties today have become like scorpions in a bottle, constantly trying to take the other down while they occupy the same space; entrapped in a death struggle for the future. That should end today! People of Iowa vote for a true uniter; say no to vicious politics as usual.

I'll only have three speeches for now. Maybe I'll write more maybe not. I don't want to throw bad speeches out there.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #198 on: September 14, 2006, 07:48:18 PM »

Fine, but you'll need to post the ad itself too. Wink

Do I have to do everything? Don't I get a campaign manager or something? Wink
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #199 on: September 14, 2006, 09:14:00 PM »

So... do we get to save up hours?  Meaning, if I don't use all 2,000 hours in Iowa, do I then get to transfer that to, say, South Carolina?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 35  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies