Opinion of the Issue, part 42 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 09:32:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of the Issue, part 42 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should children be required to attend public school?
Yes

Lean Yes

Neutral

Lean No

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 34

Author Topic: Opinion of the Issue, part 42  (Read 5888 times)
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« on: April 11, 2009, 04:49:05 PM »

This is one of the very few things I believe that the State ought to have the power to mandate to children. Better children getting pumped full of government than religious propaganda. And an educated citizenry is integral to a well-functioning democracy.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 01:12:32 AM »

Because some private schools are Christian, the authoritarian athiests think private schools should be banned.

"ZEE STATE MUST HOLD ZA MONOPOLY ON ZA EDUCATION OF OUR YOUTHS."

Yeah, pretty much. The Religious Right has totally infiltrated the home-school movement, for instance.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 01:19:36 AM »

Because some private schools are Christian, the authoritarian athiests think private schools should be banned.

Yeah, pretty much. The Religious Right has totally infiltrated the home-school movement, for instance.

Well, that's not where I'm confusded.  I don't know anything about home-schooling, so I can't opine.  But what's the argument against private schooling?

Oh, I don't have one. If they have any basis at all in religion, however, they should receive absolutely no support from the Federal government. That imbecile redneck Bush came very close to outright funding them.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 01:25:24 AM »

Well, that's not where I'm confusded.  I don't know anything about home-schooling, so I can't opine.  But what's the argument against private schooling?

Oh, I don't have one. If they have any basis at all in religion, however, they should receive absolutely no support from the Federal government. That imbecile redneck Bush came very close to outright funding them.

What about colleges/universities that have a religious affiliation? Would you apply the same zero funding standards to those?

Absolutely. I don't think the government should be in the business of funding education at all - though it certainly ought to have prerogative over the material taught - but, if it remains as it is, then no religiously affiliated school ought to receive a single cent from the Fed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies