6/8 Primaries - AR, CA, IA, ME, MT, NV, NJ, ND, SC, SD, VA (results links in OP) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 10:00:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  6/8 Primaries - AR, CA, IA, ME, MT, NV, NJ, ND, SC, SD, VA (results links in OP) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 6/8 Primaries - AR, CA, IA, ME, MT, NV, NJ, ND, SC, SD, VA (results links in OP)  (Read 40118 times)
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: June 08, 2010, 02:40:17 PM »
« edited: June 08, 2010, 02:43:53 PM by Fez-bomb »

I was on a walk and passed my polling place, so I voted for Frelinghuysen (and against the Tea Party candidate Luzzi) in his primary.  I hope Runyan wins his primary today even though Adler will probably kill whoever challenges him with his bottomless corporate pockets. Tongue
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 05:19:42 PM »

+1 Runyan (lol like my vote will change anything)

Only interesting race for me in the NJ 3rd.

Well, it actually could!  Turnout is unbelievably terrible statewide.  Runyan's own district had about 30 voters out of 1,200 or so.  It's been similar in other Mount Laurel districts.  In mine, I was the 9th voter.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 09:40:58 PM »
« Edited: June 08, 2010, 09:50:59 PM by Fez-bomb »

Kind of makes me a little sick to my stomach, since I'm a 'Boys fan, but he is much better than the alternative and Adler.

EW
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 10:22:04 PM »

ME-Gov called for LePage... Libby Mitchell maintaining a 35-24 lead over Rowe.

Seems good, I like the things the LePage has to say from what I've heard.

Looks like Carly's coasting through this, unfortunately.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 10:54:29 PM »

Not really.  There was a graphic posted recently that showed pretty well how polarized different states are.  California was wildly polarized.  And it's a bit disingenuous to suggest the state's liberal reputation is ill deserved.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 12:22:53 AM »

WTF Nevada, really?  Tarkanian AND Lowden were both great and you chose the wackadoo that will serve one term at best.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 12:57:22 AM »

WTF Nevada, really?  Tarkanian AND Lowden were both great and you chose the wackadoo that will serve one term at best.
Mrs. "Let's fund our health care system with chickens" was great?

Was it a stupid comment based on a stupid idea, yes.  But the context makes more sense than it sounds.  And that's over with anyway, so I chose to overlook that glaring fault.  Relativity should be a general theme when talking about great politicians. Tongue
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 01:13:47 AM »

I still don't understand why you like Republican mainstream establishment tools. With your current belief system, I'd expect you to be a Democrat. Tongue

I don't really know to be honest.  I think it's just because I consider politics in the same way I consider sports and I chose my team.  It's fun to root for the Republicans even though I really can't stand about 85% of them because they're my team.  But my voting habits are totally different for the record.  Don't worry about me actually voting for any of these tool-bags, haha.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies