Where your ancestors were from?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 07:18:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Where your ancestors were from?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: Where your ancestors were from?  (Read 43259 times)
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: March 06, 2004, 09:17:00 AM »

I and my parents are from the Chinese province of Taiwan.  If we go back about one hunderd years I can trace my father's family back to Hunan Province.  The Tangs can be traced to Hubei Province about two thousands ago.  On my mother's side one can trace it to Henan province a hundred years ago.  The Heilians are a rare Chinese surname and can be traced to Hsiung-Nu Barbarians of the Hsia Empire based in Shanxi Province about one thousand five hunderd years ago.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2004, 10:33:38 AM »

Oh I forgot to mention my Great Aunt is Hannan Ashwari. Some of you may have heard of her.

Yeah, she's the Palestinians only real hope, isn't she?

The only Palestinians real hope is to get Sharon out of office.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #102 on: March 06, 2004, 10:35:27 AM »

Oh I forgot to mention my Great Aunt is Hannan Ashwari. Some of you may have heard of her.

It depends on your definition of hope...it would be better for them, I'd certainly say that.
dunn

« Reply #103 on: March 06, 2004, 11:00:12 AM »

Sharon is willing to give your guys a state, but they use terror , they did it with Barak, Rabin, Peres and Netanyahoo. the problem is Arafat that do not want peace
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #104 on: March 06, 2004, 11:01:42 AM »

I dont want to start a flame war, but the Israelies have done their fair share of "terrorism". I also remember the U.S.S. Liberty. A intentional attack on a US Navy ship. And we still send them 3 billion a year.
dunn

« Reply #105 on: March 06, 2004, 11:04:45 AM »

I dont want to start a flame war, but the Israelies have done their fair share of "terrorism". I also remember the U.S.S. Liberty. A intentional attack on a US Navy ship. And we still send them 3 billion a year.

C'mon
That was a mistake in 1967, and do you support the tyrany of Arafat? I thougt you are a pro-democracy guy.

but you are right about one thing, let's not start a flame war
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #106 on: March 06, 2004, 11:07:21 AM »
« Edited: March 06, 2004, 11:11:58 AM by StatesRights »

The crew of the USS Liberty would disagree with that. Check out www.ussliberty.org. I just think if the military tension of the area was removed the Palestinians would have more peace with themselves and with the Israelies. Both sides are guilty and both sides need to sit down and say enoughs enough.
dunn

« Reply #107 on: March 06, 2004, 11:11:00 AM »

The crew of the USS Liberty would disagree with that. Check out [link]www.ussliberty.org[/link]. I just think if the military tension of the area was removed the Palestinians would have more peace with themselves and with the Israelies. Both sides are guilty and both sides need to sit down and say enoughs enough.

well what's reason there was to attack a friendly ship?
and yeah both sides are to blame its just that 'yours' is waaay bigger
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #108 on: March 06, 2004, 11:15:17 AM »

Thats the million dollar coverup. The crew members have testified that the first wave of attack aircraft were unmarked. The crew believe that it was a plot to blame Egypt and get US Intervention. But Johnson didnt want to get involved because of his war in Vietnam. Over 800 hits and a torpedo hit is not an accident, especially when the crew took down the small US Flag and put up the Holiday US Flag at the beginning of the attack.
dunn

« Reply #109 on: March 06, 2004, 11:24:30 AM »

Thats the million dollar coverup. The crew members have testified that the first wave of attack aircraft were unmarked. The crew believe that it was a plot to blame Egypt and get US Intervention. But Johnson didnt want to get involved because of his war in Vietnam. Over 800 hits and a torpedo hit is not an accident, especially when the crew took down the small US Flag and put up the Holiday US Flag at the beginning of the attack.

if I start with conspearcy theories we can go for ever. go blame Arafat and his people for the situation of the arabs you call palestinians
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #110 on: March 06, 2004, 11:48:45 AM »

No conspircay. Eyewitness testimony of the crew.

www.ussliberty.org
dunn

« Reply #111 on: March 06, 2004, 12:11:27 PM »

what about witnesses and documents of Arafat stilling billions from his people?

but we said no more ...
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #112 on: March 11, 2004, 06:42:37 PM »

I'm of general Western European decent. 200-300 years ago my French Grandfather left Brest France and head for Arcadia, I have a great grandmother that is directly related from him. After a while he ended up in Newfoundland, he may of been deported, then we have English members of my family, the Lees, that come from Eastern England. A smattering of Irish, Scottish, and Germanic is likely in there. My grandparents came to Ontario to leave behind Newfoundland and now I'm here.

Siege40
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #113 on: March 11, 2004, 08:26:30 PM »

On my mom's side, my family supposedly left Brock, Germany in the late 1700's to England, and then moved to Ohio in the 1800's. There is some Irish there, along with Cherokee Indian.

My dad's side is Mexican. It's mostly Italian with some Spanish and Irish (yes, there are Irish in Mexico). No Aztec or Indian.
zachman

« Reply #114 on: March 11, 2004, 08:42:07 PM »

I'm 1/4 Lithuanian Jewish, 1/4 Polish Jewish, and 1/2 wasp.
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #115 on: March 11, 2004, 08:59:52 PM »
« Edited: March 11, 2004, 09:01:34 PM by Brambilla »

How can you be half Jewish? You're either Jewish or you're not. If your mother's a Jew, you're a Jew. If [only] your father's a Jew, you're not.

HAVN'T YOU READ LEVITICUS?? Tongue

Sorry, I'm just a jerk.

zachman

« Reply #116 on: March 11, 2004, 09:14:00 PM »

I thought it was the opposite. Oh well I'm Jewish, reform Judiasm to be specific, which is like the unitarian or presybyterian branch of Judiasm. In other words we are not bound to any beliefs or responsibility, so most of us are non-religious.

Did I mention Adam Sandler belongs to our synagogue, and stops by on a semi-annual basis?
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #117 on: March 11, 2004, 09:21:26 PM »

Yeah, I'm Catholic... if I would ever convert to Judaism I'd probably go Orthodox. So much culture Wink

It's too bad you don't care about your religion! You should research it a bit more, it's quite fascinating...
zachman

« Reply #118 on: March 11, 2004, 09:26:01 PM »

Why should I? I have all I need. I can tell people I celebrate different holidays, and that I go to a Hebrew School that Adam Sandler got kicked out of. Jewish food is pretty fun though.
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #119 on: March 11, 2004, 10:01:20 PM »

It's always good to be open minded about these things...
dunn

« Reply #120 on: March 12, 2004, 04:01:48 AM »

I thought it was the opposite. Oh well I'm Jewish, reform Judiasm to be specific, which is like the unitarian or presybyterian branch of Judiasm. In other words we are not bound to any beliefs or responsibility, so most of us are non-religious.

Did I mention Adam Sandler belongs to our synagogue, and stops by on a semi-annual basis?

it is by the mother's
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #121 on: March 12, 2004, 11:22:50 AM »

it is by the mother's

Yep, which means I could be a Jew if I wanted to. Smiley
dunn

« Reply #122 on: March 12, 2004, 11:24:09 AM »

it is by the mother's

if your mother is jewish you ARE jewish
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #123 on: March 12, 2004, 11:25:06 AM »

it is by the mother's

Yeah, but I don't act like one, I mean I could be Jewish 'officially'.
dunn

« Reply #124 on: March 12, 2004, 11:26:00 AM »

it is by the mother's

Yeah, but I don't act like one, I mean I could be Jewish 'officially'.
How does one 'acts'?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies