House Majority Whip Spoke at White Supremacists Conference (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 12:30:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  House Majority Whip Spoke at White Supremacists Conference (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: House Majority Whip Spoke at White Supremacists Conference  (Read 15872 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

« on: December 29, 2014, 09:12:56 PM »

Anybody who would offended by this already a Democrat. The Republican caucus, especially when there isn't an election for almost two years, isn't going to give a rat's Inks. There will be a new infotainment story tomorrow and everybody will forget all about this.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 01:19:28 PM »

Bush Jr famously and openly spoke at racist Bob Jones University and Republicans elected him President. This is the sort of thing that pisses off the left but Republicans don't give an Inks about. I don't know why anybody would be surprised. Republican politicians are not allowed to express outright support for racism but America has little problem with Republicans welcoming racist groups into their party. It's hardly a secret...
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 01:47:10 PM »

Bush Jr famously and openly spoke at racist Bob Jones University and Republicans elected him President. This is the sort of thing that pisses off the left but Republicans don't give an Inks about. I don't know why anybody would be surprised. Republican politicians are not allowed to express outright support for racism but America has little problem with Republicans welcoming racist groups into their party. It's hardly a secret...

What makes this different is that the far right is out to get Boehner and so there might be lasting power here now.
The far right hates anti-racists far more than they hate Boehner. This is a non-issue.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 12:02:07 AM »

Compared to Trent Lott, it's shocking that this guy isn't being hung out to dry. Lott said something insensitive at a tribute to an elderly reformed bigot.
Trent Lott endorsed segregation. Unfortunately, we don't know what Scalise said to the White Supremacists. All we know is that he spoke to them. Do you seriously not see a difference? I don't condone speaking at White Supremacist rallies, but addressing these fools isn't exactly the same thing as endorsing their ideas. It's enough reason that I wouldn't want him in my party's leadership, but the Republican Party clearly feels differently.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 09:00:59 AM »

The sorts of places where black people are hard to come by aren't exactly known for having lots of liberal white people. It's the conservatives who either fled to far flung burbs or live in even more remote rural areas. Liberal white people (Jews, gays, and such) prefer to live not in actual black neighborhoods, but within a reasonable proximity.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies