Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 01:51:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 61
Author Topic: Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge  (Read 173567 times)
Foucaulf
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: October 31, 2014, 12:38:44 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The punchline, of course, is that I'm not in the PhD program but is just a senior taking a full graduate load. My school is a world leader in micro, and the first quarter is notoriously terrifying; scoring above the median feels a lot better. The macro midterm was literally regurgitation of proofs, so I'm not so happy that I scored below the median. Minus something on Halloween, I'll probably lock myself up and review macro and econometrics.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #126 on: November 01, 2014, 07:36:19 AM »

We had way too many Elsa's from Frozen out trick-or-treating last night.  The proof is in the frozen precipitation we're getting right now.  There's actually a dusting of white stuff on the grass and cars right now.  Judging by the weather, you'd think it was the first of frigging February, not the first of November.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #127 on: November 01, 2014, 03:41:24 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The punchline, of course, is that I'm not in the PhD program but is just a senior taking a full graduate load. My school is a world leader in micro, and the first quarter is notoriously terrifying; scoring above the median feels a lot better. The macro midterm was literally regurgitation of proofs, so I'm not so happy that I scored below the median. Minus something on Halloween, I'll probably lock myself up and review macro and econometrics.

I've occasionally mulled over going back for a PhD but I feel like at my age (26) I'd just be ruining my life and end up being a bitter 30-something drawing price floors for hungover undergrads at some third-tier state school in the hinterlands.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #128 on: November 01, 2014, 05:01:53 PM »
« Edited: November 01, 2014, 05:07:17 PM by IDS Speaker Flo »

So I'm at a Mormon Church and I'm "cotton candy" (spray painted my hair pink b/c I had no costume to my friends church thing with Halloween) and b/c of the combination of the pink hair and the (feminine) bag that she made me hold, I think they all think I'm one of the homosexuals (I am but...) and I've never been treated so coldly in my life, the reason I'm posting this is because my friend who invited me here is a closeted bisexual, and if they're treating me like this when they only think I'm gay, how will they treat her when she comes out? I'm honestly afraid for her, I didn't realize that the anti homosexual culture is so strong here, and I thought she was afraid about nothing, but overhearing some conversations and how they treated me makes me afraid.  
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #129 on: November 01, 2014, 07:08:50 PM »

So I'm at a Mormon Church and I'm "cotton candy" (spray painted my hair pink b/c I had no costume to my friends church thing with Halloween) and b/c of the combination of the pink hair and the (feminine) bag that she made me hold, I think they all think I'm one of the homosexuals (I am but...) and I've never been treated so coldly in my life, the reason I'm posting this is because my friend who invited me here is a closeted bisexual, and if they're treating me like this when they only think I'm gay, how will they treat her when she comes out? I'm honestly afraid for her, I didn't realize that the anti homosexual culture is so strong here, and I thought she was afraid about nothing, but overhearing some conversations and how they treated me makes me afraid.  
I thought Mormons refused to allow outsiders into their temples?
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #130 on: November 01, 2014, 07:21:15 PM »

Finally out of the situation I got myself in a month ago. Christ, that was hell.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #131 on: November 01, 2014, 07:24:22 PM »

Anyone would allow me into their place of worship. I'm a delight. (idk she invited me there and i said okay)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #132 on: November 01, 2014, 08:28:46 PM »

Anyone would allow me into their place of worship. I'm a delight. (idk she invited me there and i said okay)

For an actual temple service, they wouldn't, but for a social gathering, why not?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #133 on: November 02, 2014, 07:02:01 PM »

Post 16,000.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #134 on: November 02, 2014, 08:49:56 PM »

Today I watched football, ate heavily discounted Halloween candy and had a burger and fries from Whataburger for dinner. All in all, it was a very Bushie Sunday.

Should I download and play around with AutoCAD to top it all off?
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #135 on: November 02, 2014, 09:59:14 PM »

I'm going to be spending next summer in Pennsylvania about an hour north of Philly because I got an internship there. It will be exciting.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #136 on: November 02, 2014, 10:07:00 PM »

I'm going to be spending next summer in Pennsylvania about an hour north of Philly because I got an internship there. It will be exciting.

Near Trenton?
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #137 on: November 02, 2014, 10:52:41 PM »

Made friends with a cute girl at my work. Turns out she's not the dating type. Disappointed.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #138 on: November 03, 2014, 12:12:38 AM »

Near Trenton?

Near Allentown.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #139 on: November 03, 2014, 12:23:04 AM »

Made friends with a cute girl at my work. Turns out she's not the dating type. Disappointed.

hit/quit bro
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #140 on: November 03, 2014, 12:51:15 AM »

Out of one crazy situation, in a crazier one now. Hopefully I can get some relief soon.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #141 on: November 03, 2014, 06:07:03 AM »

hit/quit bro

She's a hardcore Christian, which is why she doesn't do the dating
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #142 on: November 03, 2014, 02:53:47 PM »

I'm gonna be in the audience for Morning Joe on Wednesday morning! I have to get there at 5:45 AM. I hope you all watch.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #143 on: November 03, 2014, 03:09:57 PM »

Talked to a kid in my class. Seems a lot cooler than I thought he was.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #144 on: November 03, 2014, 03:22:10 PM »

Sad

I've made friends with cute girls before that are the dating types, just towards other people. Sucks.
Yep.

I'm gonna be in the audience for Morning Joe on Wednesday morning! I have to get there at 5:45 AM. I hope you all watch.
I'll record it! Be sure to post if you see Joe and Mika start dry humping.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #145 on: November 03, 2014, 03:28:15 PM »

Having an autistic brother who was once projected to never learn to walk, talk, or read, I know that communicating with people with severe autism is a challenge. But what is really challenging is when your math teacher frankly is autistic.

After I left class early today to go work on another project in the library, I learned that the said math teacher went on quite the tirade against me. I'm very pissed off, considering that I am the only person who respects him. The man has to beg our class to behave weeks in advance of a teacher review, for 'chrissake. The reason for the tirade? I am apparently "difficult" with him when I solve problems in a manner differant than the one he tought, and thus he can't understand. Never mind the fact that I got a 75% on the test (I admit that I have always struggled with math, so a C is pretty good in my book), I am apparently his biggest obstacle in class Tongue.

Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #146 on: November 03, 2014, 03:39:12 PM »

Sad

I've made friends with cute girls before that are the dating types, just towards other people. Sucks.

Oh yeah, this is my biggest problem no doubt.

Lief, if I get up early tomorrow, I'll keep an eye out for you. Plug the Atlas Forum, or better yet...the Update.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #147 on: November 03, 2014, 07:15:35 PM »

So one of my friends came out as transgender and I realized I'm a furry and I got a haircut (in that order).
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #148 on: November 03, 2014, 09:10:23 PM »

So one of my friends came out as transgender and I realized I'm a furry and I got a haircut (in that order).

Sounds like a rollercoaster, man.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #149 on: November 04, 2014, 03:36:13 PM »

Sounds like a rollercoaster, man.

Not really - all three were the culminations of longer processes that I had known about for a while before.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 61  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies