IDS 2: The Imperial Security Act (Failed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 02:02:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  IDS 2: The Imperial Security Act (Failed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IDS 2: The Imperial Security Act (Failed)  (Read 1592 times)
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« on: July 12, 2013, 04:00:13 PM »
« edited: July 12, 2013, 04:08:02 PM by I Am Damo Suzuki »

Is this bill serious? I've just read what our NMAM Legislator wrote addressing your points and I have little to add.

They claim the para-military group that sprung up in the aftermath is not officially part of the NM-AM, but there are clear ties as it's founder is part of the NM-AM.

If I start now a thread stating that the Groucho-Marxist Liberation Front (which I will have created to the effect) stands in support of the helpless Pacific citizens, unarmed before the South's imperialistic aggression, and you pretend to take it seriously and banning another political organization, establishing a link between her and my Front (of which I'm the founder and the only member), I'll argue that you have a feverish imagination.

This bill is not about killing democracy, or targeting groups we happen to not like

Really? If this Legislature passes this bill, what does happen with the representative of the 'terrorists' whom sits down here? Can a regional legislature ban a party that is legal, according to the Federal laws? Do we have the competence? How can we discuss this bill here?

I think we have discussed events in the Pacific until exhaustion. That question is on the hands of the Supreme Court.

Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 04:09:22 PM »

My Groucho-Marxist Front would stand as a self-defense army too. Translated into facts, this would mean nothing.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 06:16:21 PM »

Translated into facts, this would mean nothing.
That depends. In the past when people like Al would post threads on revolution and what not, no one took them seriously because it was just trolling. And then a region was destroyed... They have clearly crossed a line.

They didn't cross your line by putting bombs in bus stations, nor coerced Pacific's citizens in the prosecution of their goals. Do you disagree with their methods? You are in your right to protest as vigorously as you can. However, establishing a comparison between actions realized by pacific means (even if they are of questionable legality) with terrorism is slander. I suspect that your bill might be unconstitutional, because I doubt this House has the legal authority to legislate on parties and, in addition, it is true that it resembles McCarthy. Must we declare the Season of the Witch-Hunt open?
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 03:27:59 AM »

Of course Nay.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies